15 hours ago, scilly owl said:

He’s been a fantastic signing. Always happy to see him on the team sheet, even when he was having the odd rare wobble. I don’t think that he should have been relieved of the captain’s duties either.

If you play in the heart of defence for an underachieving team that regularly gives away 70% possession then the opportunity for slip ups is going to be hugely increased.

I've never seen him as a captain but I certainly don't agree with stripping duties unless someone's in clear dereliction. Tbf I'm not sure he really wanted it. But I absolutely wouldn't have given it to Bazza, much as I love him. Flap central.

On 24/04/2021 at 18:50, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Righto.

You don't need to say 'allegedly', then. It implies that someone else has accused him of not producing on the field, rather than just being what you think.

To be clear,I will decide what i post,& the way i post it,not you...people have been sued for what they have said on this and other social media sites,saying'allege'  doesnt imply anything about what other people say(except what you think it means)....

You can 'allege' anything, with out fear of any legal comeback whatsoever....but you cant say anything....without people with money taking you to court,and costing you ......

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, scilly owl said:

He’s been a fantastic signing. Always happy to see him on the team sheet, even when he was having the odd rare wobble. I don’t think that he should have been relieved of the captain’s duties either.

If you play in the heart of defence for an underachieving team that regularly gives away 70% possession then the opportunity for slip ups is going to be hugely increased.

Rare wobble????

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I think in some ways this injury may have saved his Wednesday career in the sense, we will probably feel obliged to re-sign him for a year to help him recover his fitness and then once recovered, he’ll challenge for a first team place again. His lack of composure in possession is a problem for him with the style we now play and I do see him moving on at some stage in the near future.

Eh? we a charity now? he had the chance to sign a contract,hasnt done so yet as far as i know(and presumably wants a better offer,or a move to somewhere else?) but because he gets injured doing his job,we should offer him more money and free medical treatment/expertise?....

So...if we did all that than,on top of his alleged 30k a week he has had for ,what? the last 5 years? whose paying?(him not to play?)

What would he do than after regaining fitness?....go somewhere else after a year to ply is trade?maybe to a promotion/relegation rival in the same Division?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, parajack said:

To be clear,I will decide what i post,& the way i post it,not you...people have been sued for what they have said on this and other social media sites,saying'allege'  doesnt imply anything about what other people say(except what you think it means)....

You can 'allege' anything, with out fear of any legal comeback whatsoever....but you cant say anything....without people with money taking you to court,and costing you ......

I wasn't telling you how to post; simply pointing out how your words are likely to be interpreted by other people. People don't generally preface their own opinions with 'allegedly', that's all.

As for including 'allegedly' as some form of legal protection to say whatever you like, it doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. 

Either way, I doubt Tom Lees' crack legal team are going to come after you for saying that you don't think he's a great player.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I wasn't telling you how to post; simply pointing out how your words are likely to be interpreted by other people. People don't generally preface their own opinions with 'allegedly', that's all.

As for including 'allegedly' as some form of legal protection to say whatever you like, it doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. 

Either way, I doubt Tom Lees' crack legal team are going to come after you for saying that you don't think he's a great player.

We will agree to differ.........and move on..

Guest Therealrealist

The amount of sad acts n this the who have called him a ‘great servant’ is shocking...servants don’t get paid 25k a week...he’s not been a servant for us..he’s been a vastly overpaid footballer,..if there wer any genuine servants reading this thread 5hey would be proper angry

I think Tom Lees is a bang average defender and is lucky to have earnt the money he's earnt from us, he was a solid defender when Glen Loovens was holding his hand and talking him through games, the minute Loovens left Tom Lee's went drastically down hill and has stayed there.

Its also a great example of where this club has gone wrong in the fact that Burnley  reportedly offered £8 million for him after they sold Keane to Everton and we turned it down when we could have  got better defenders for a hell of a lot less and made a great profit 

Guest wilyfox

I like Tom Lees, but his game is very basic. No doubt had a couple of pay bumps during his time here. Can’t take his wages into league one. Wouldn’t be good value, and probably not viable. I’m sure he’ll walk into another champ club next season like Reach, Rhodes, and many others.

Hope he's OK, he was top quality for a good while when he first came.

For me, he should never have been made captain. Questioned it at the time, just didn't seem the personality that we needed, and I think it effected him.

We have been in desperate need of a captain since Loovens, and leaders overall in the team.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

The amount of sad acts n this the who have called him a ‘great servant’ is shocking...servants don’t get paid 25k a week...he’s not been a servant for us..he’s been a vastly overpaid footballer,..if there wer any genuine servants reading this thread 5hey would be proper angry

I agree a bit.

Nothing against Tom Lees and sorry he was injured Saturday and hope he recovers quickly.

He is though a bread and butter championship defender on probably £1m a season.

One of my pet hates is using phrases like 'Good Servant' for modern day footballers.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

the guy hasn’t signed a contract with us because he was willing to go and look for something better.

Is this actually the case? I thought all contract renegotiations were on hold until we knew what division we were going to end up in? You can’t accept something you haven’t been offered. 

I’m also not massively into calling players ‘disloyal’ if they decide to get paid more to play elsewhere. I’ve left jobs before to get a pay rise and I know many many people who have. Don’t really think that’s ‘disloyal’. 

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Is this actually the case? I thought all contract renegotiations were on hold until we knew what division we were going to end up in? You can’t accept something you haven’t been offered. 

I’m also not massively into calling players ‘disloyal’ if they decide to get paid more to play elsewhere. I’ve left jobs before to get a pay rise and I know many many people who have. Don’t really think that’s ‘disloyal’. 

He’s had months to sign it, they were only recently put on hold 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s had months to sign it, they were only recently put on hold 

Is it confirmed we offered Lees a deal? All I had heard is we’d offers some contracts to some players but I didn’t see a report naming them. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Tom Lees is just looking after himself, his family and his career. 99% would do the same.

Not being disloyal as club get rid of players quick enough if not good enough and no one says the club is being disloyal.

I am sure his agent will have had informal talks at least with Wednesday and other clubs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Is it confirmed we offered Lees a deal? All I had heard is we’d offers some contracts to some players but I didn’t see a report naming them. 

We offered contracts to Lees, Bannan & Reach at the end of last year 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 04:58, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

On 26/04/2021 at 09:00, parajack said:

We will agree to differ.........and move on..

He was right though. You used 'allegedly' incorrectly, which distorted your intended meaning.

'Allegedly' as some form of defence would only work if you can point to the allegations from a third party, not your own allegations. 

No big deal anyway.

• Like 1