5 hours ago, 83owl said:

Completely different though. There are millions of football club fans, I doubt there are a even a handful of fans of Wernham Hogg, IKEA, Nandos or wherever else it is that people work. Footballers get injured all the time, that's just part of the game however someone getting run over on the way to work would be pretty rare not to mention your average person getting run over on the way to work wouldn't already be financially secure for the rest of their life.

image.gif.86ec7967c1d78b5d8af2e12b96fb0bea.gif

He’s been a fantastic signing. Always happy to see him on the team sheet, even when he was having the odd rare wobble. I don’t think that he should have been relieved of the captain’s duties either.

If you play in the heart of defence for an underachieving team that regularly gives away 70% possession then the opportunity for slip ups is going to be hugely increased.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think in some ways this injury may have saved his Wednesday career in the sense, we will probably feel obliged to re-sign him for a year to help him recover his fitness and then once recovered, he’ll challenge for a first team place again. His lack of composure in possession is a problem for him with the style we now play and I do see him moving on at some stage in the near future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

He’s been a fantastic signing. Always happy to see him on the team sheet, even when he was having the odd rare wobble. I don’t think that he should have been relieved of the captain’s duties either.

If you play in the heart of defence for an underachieving team that regularly gives away 70% possession then the opportunity for slip ups is going to be hugely increased.

Agree. The  midfield loses possession all the time often when BB and Reach try to be too clever and it is unable to win it back so defenders are under pressure most of the time.
Then the defenders are told to play it out from the back when they are not suited to it. We play possession football at the back but not elsewhere.

Moore and Smith have piled more pressure on these struggling players. Even their preferences upfront like Paterson and Windass ( probably our best attacker for his running and goals) give the ball away because of their lack of ball control and skill. The defence is playing behind some shoddy players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, scilly owl said:

He's a model pro with regards to training etc but apart from that has no captains qualities whatsoever. Hundreds of Championship games yet he still needs a senior defender next to him to hold his hand, Hesitant, timid, incapable of making a decision.

Lees can head the ball, stick to a man and put in the odd block and tackle but thats about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lees has been a very good centre back for us and it will be a shame if this injury is so serious that he can’t get to another club in the summer. Strong defensively and was at his best with Loovens alongside him. Sadly though the way the team is now trying to play out from the back has exposed his weakness when in possession. He just doesn’t see or execute a forward pass at all well. As most teams are now playing this way he’s got problems, and if it’s true he wouldn’t sign an offered contract he must surely regret that now.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

sorry but I don’t buy  this. He isn’t a colleague and I would go as far to say pretty much most of our squad are mercenaries. He’s been offered a contract that he hasn’t signed....considering how poor he’s played the last season or two he is very lucky we reward bang average players.....  now I wish injuries on nobody but he doesn’t deserve a new contract,  I keep hearing on here people say he gave everything, testicles he has.....A few matches ago he hobbled off with a strain with a few minutes to go which we then conceded a goal and lost. He walks around most games like it’s a training session, btw that’s the squad we have built. Most of them are the same so apologies if you think people like me are ******** but I think these players have had us for mugs for far too long so pardon me for not crying over this.

No, I do understand the frustration with the playing staff in general, of course. I just think it's a completely separate issue from a genuine injury sustained 'in the line of duty', as it were, and discussions of the two don't really belong in the same breath. Unless he somehow got injured by being lazy, which obviously isn't the case here. Just IMO but I think performance appraisals and concern about an accident he's suffered are and should be two entirely discrete topics.