As the vast majority have said he's been a great player since coming from Leeds but has been poor the last 2 seasons. Needs an experienced head next to him. 

I actually think he'd be a good league 1 player but as far as playing out from the back he's just not that defender. 

Hope he's OK 

49 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Looking back on it it looked like a broken tibia open fracture, hope not.

That is a horrible injury. I had a compound tib and fib open break when I was 21. Two steel rods Inserted , six months in a full plaster cast, then six weeks on crutches. I still have the steel rods in now. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Obv not nice to see him injured but hopefully that stops us making a stupid decision like keeping him on. 

one good game in 3/4 the other games full of mistakes that cost us games. 

Agree with this. Hopefully the injury isn't as serious as it looked but I'm surprised so many are saying he has had a solid season. As you say he does have games where he looks more than capable at this level but there have been plenty where he has cost us. His red card at Rotherham was so naive for an experienced player and he gifted Swansea a goal recently when we were on top. 

1 hour ago, owls66 said:

Yep. 

Need an entire new defense + keeper next season. 

and a complete new squad inc goalkeeper and certainly if we are going to persist in this suicidal 'passing' out from the back 

our back line deals with receiving a pass like it's a bouncing bomb just dreadful 

• Thanks 2

Will be great news if it’s not broken. No player deserves that horrible end to their career. Lees has been steady for us for a long time. Deserves all our good wishes and if he does need time to recover I’d be ashamed of the club if we didn’t let him train with us while he rehabilitates even if he’s out of contract and hoping for a new club. Football is a business but it has got to have some heart as well. 
Good luck Tom! 

• Like 2