If only Chansiri had listened...

21 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

...to our advice back in 2015/16.

Everyone on this site was of one accord.

We begged him not to spend.

We didn't want quality players like Forestieri and Hooper bringing into the club.

Nor did we want a shot at promotion.

We wanted money investing in sustainability, youth development and the like.

So what if we'd have to wait another decade to have a go?

I mean, we'd only been outside the top flight for 15 years, so what's having to wait another 10?

This mess is entirely of Channers' own making, and it was done explicitly against our wishes.

And if you believe that, then you'll believe that I'm off out on a date with Taylor this week.

And what's more, my wife's driving me there.

Taylor.png

Another parody account, coming out with clickbait like this, like a prize Perch I'll take the bait though.

Most of us were happy to see us spending more than the previous £350K max budget to try and push us forward.

When it ultimately failed we had hoped those running the club would have some sort of plan to fall back on that didn't mean financial ruin for the next 4 years and counting. Instead we hoarded past it players and got a points deduction and transfer embargoes to boot. Hey ho! 

If only Chansiri had listen we all told him to bring in a striker in January and he knew better.

Well relegated after the Blackburn game with 3 games left, one of the worse scorers in 92 teams it appears DC does not have a clue what he is doing. His latest error will cost him the best part of £10m a season for each season we are in league one.

We wait for the latest excuse why it's not his fault and someone else is to blame.

9 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

This mess is entirely of Channers' own making, and it was done explicitly against our wishes.

And if you believe that, then you'll believe that I'm off out on a date with Taylor this week.

I call dibs on sloppy seconds! 

Part of being the custodian and owner of the club was reading the rules, and operating within them.  It is not the spending per se that was the issue, it was the spending being outside the rules, which has led to embargoes and a points deduction that will ultimately relegate us.

As fans we could not know how much we were spending on wages and transfers as the former are not public and much of the latter were undisclosed in terms of fees. Only the club knew that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Part of being the custodian and owner of the club was reading the rules, and operating within them.  It is not the spending per se that was the issue, it was the spending being outside the rules, which has led to embargoes and a points deduction that will ultimately relegate us.

As fans we could not know how much we were spending on wages and transfers as the former are not public and much of the latter were undisclosed in terms of fees. Only the club knew that. 

As fans, we never knew anything.

...and neither did the media.

lol

12 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

...to our advice back in 2015/16.

Everyone on this site was of one accord.

We begged him not to spend.

We didn't want quality players like Forestieri and Hooper bringing into the club.

Nor did we want a shot at promotion.

We wanted money investing in sustainability, youth development and the like.

So what if we'd have to wait another decade to have a go?

I mean, we'd only been outside the top flight for 15 years, so what's having to wait another 10?

And what's more, my wife's driving me there.

Taylor.png

image.png.fe224fe4ade3bc97b381c04febe65a3c.png

image.thumb.png.9e5ffc2df651d13020fd1240c09f1772.png

The problem wasn't really spending money on a few quality players to push us into the top six and closer to promotion. That first seasons recruitment was good business. 

It's what came afterwards that was the problem. We wasted so much money on squad players we didn't need like urby, horrific signings like abdi and of course it got worse paying big wages for over the hill, overpaid journeyman like Jones and boyd. 

Oh and of course while we were crying out for a left back, a replacement for loovens and a central midfielder to replace hutch. He goes and wastes £10+ million on Rhodes and his wages when we already had 6 strikers at the club. 

Splashing the cash would still have been not a problem with ffp if we'd have been smart, after season 1 if rumours were to be believed, Burnley were after Lees for around £8 million, Fulham for Nando £10/12 mil along with some substantial bids for both Lee, Westwood and bazza. A proper football club run right. Would have got £30 million from selling them and reinvested it whilst still making a profit. That's where we failed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2