Who would have scored that penalty?

37 minutes ago, Django said:

Just seems a very odd stat for someone of his talent and is a near ever present. A centre mid should be between 6-10 goals a season

I suppose when you look at Hutchinson and Pelupessy’s goal scoring record, Bannan’s doesn’t look too bad 

our entire midfield scoring record for 4 years is absolutely appalling that is your problem and due to lack of pace in defence we play too deep to cover our poor defenders its an entire team problem . 

• Like 1

Tend to find most pens are hit hard now days. Keepers are much more athletic. He sidefooted it quite softly I thought and as good as rolled it across the floor. Give the thing some welly and get some height on it. Any how, it's done and dusted now.

Anyone else misses it they would be thread after thread slating the player 

But golden boy misses it 

'na, it happens' 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Atty would have.

What I would give to have had him for this season. We are utter toilet. We deserve relegation. Useless.

Bannan has been on pens since Fletcher left (who missed a massive one against Villa), this just shows our lack of a proper striker. 

I love Bannan but a pretty shot shy midfielder shouldn't be on pens if you've got any striker worth his salt in the team. 

I'll never forget Hector wading through the dithering in our squad when he just picked up the ball that time, what a guy.

3 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

Windass.

Has that same look about him like my dog does when playing fetch-ball - dopey but unfazed by anything but the bloody ball.

He wouldn't even think about the pressure.

Just get the ball and smash it in.

Just about to say the same thing 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Anyone else misses it they would be thread after thread slating the player 

But golden boy misses it 

'na, it happens' 

You've literally replied in a topic started to slate him, are you a parody?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

Windass.

Has that same look about him like my dog does when playing fetch-ball - dopey but unfazed by anything but the bloody ball.

He wouldn't even think about the pressure.

Just get the ball and smash it in.

He'd smash it alright, although there's a fair chance it'd smash the windows of Burger King, like the majority of his attempts.

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

Bannan has been on pens since Fletcher left (who missed a massive one against Villa), this just shows our lack of a proper striker. 

I love Bannan but a pretty shot shy midfielder shouldn't be on pens if you've got any striker worth his salt in the team. 

I'll never forget Hector wading through the dithering in our squad when he just picked up the ball that time, what a guy.

Another key moment from a key player that was bottled.

12 matches unbeaten when Fletcher missed that penalty which failed to see us seal the game and went on to see us turned over.

It’s like watching Dad’s Army on repeat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Players miss penalties all the time. Messi has missed 28 in his career and scored 99 so even the very best miss them regularly.

Yes its frustrating that Bannan missed but its not the reason we lost or the reason we are going down.

Exactly ...even the best can miss them.

b6913ca1fe8a60cfb85b7937d0e34fb8.gif

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Another key moment from a key player that was bottled.

12 matches unbeaten when Fletcher missed that penalty which failed to see us seal the game and went on to see us turned over.

It’s like watching Dad’s Army on repeat.

Players miss penalties, it happens. Fletcher's in that game was probably the worst pen I can remember for years though, pathetic, and we'd played so well!

I'll never forget thinking that was must win before hand, and in the last 10 minutes being so frustrated than Bruce did not go for the win, which is what we needed to do, their late winner left everyone gutted but it was irrelevant, we needed the win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Players miss penalties, it happens. Fletcher's in that game was probably the worst pen I can remember for years though, pathetic, and we'd played so well!

I'll never forget thinking that was must win before hand, and in the last 10 minutes being so frustrated than Bruce did not go for the win, which is what we needed to do, their late winner left everyone gutted but it was irrelevant, we needed the win. 

This club has lost its spine.

I’m lucky, feel sorry for the young uns ‘cause we always had one.

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Windass, Paterson. Should both step up before Bannan.

Windass has scored 10 and missed 3.

Paterson has never taken a penalty in his career.

Bannan has a better record than both. Still should be Bannan. 

12 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

You meant draw not lost, but, Yes, yes it IS the reason we drew. had he scored we would have won 2-1. 

Players shouldn't miss penalties all the time.  They overthink it. The GK has to stand still, the ball is static, it's 12 yards from the goal, and you've spent your entire life practising kicking it.  Take a long run up and smash it as hard as you can. Very occasionally it will hit the GK (but bounce back), and even more occasionally it will go over the bar, but almost never.  A professional should miss no more than 1 in, say 50.

Although I've been going a long time and I don't think we've been awarded 50😏

You are saying a professional should have a 98% success rate as a minimum.

OK then Ronaldo 84%, Messi 77%, Salah 83%, Neymar 81%. 

Maybe you could go and give those guys some advice and tell them they are overthinking it.