Who would have scored that penalty?

Poor penalty, low and hard but so close to the goalkeeper.

Imagine being 2-0 up against 10 men, it'd been game over.

I'm sure I heard a call from the bench of "Barry, What was that? that was ******** crap", but maybe that was my imagination.

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Manwë said:

Poor penalty, low and hard but so close to the goalkeeper.

Imagine being 2-0 up against 10 men, it'd been game over.

I'm sure I heard a call from the bench of "Barry, What was that? that was ******** crap", but maybe that was my imagination.

Pen goes in it would have been 5  -0 and possibly stayin up...but heyho

10 minutes ago, Django said:

For someone as technically gifted as Bannan his shooting is absolutely atrocious 

12 goals in 234 appearances across 6 seasons for a central midfielder is pathetic, averaging 2 goals per season 

and aint 7 of them pens? thats 5 goals from centre mid in 6 years ,his shooting is far worse than you will see in park football. quite simply the most over rated player in the history of swfc. name some1 who shoots as bad and has such a poor goal record? is mostly shocking from corners and freekicks is weak and cant tackle ,but can knock the ball about well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Windass, Paterson. Should both step up before Bannan.

They would probably love to but no way is Bannan letting anyone else near any dead ball situation. 

12 minutes ago, morganowl said:

and aint 7 of them pens? thats 5 goals from centre mid in 6 years ,his shooting is far worse than you will see in park football. quite simply the most over rated player in the history of swfc. name some1 who shoots as bad and has such a poor goal record? is mostly shocking from corners and freekicks is weak and cant tackle ,but can knock the ball about well. 

Just seems a very odd stat for someone of his talent and is a near ever present. A centre mid should be between 6-10 goals a season

I suppose when you look at Hutchinson and Pelupessy’s goal scoring record, Bannan’s doesn’t look too bad 

2 minutes ago, Django said:

Just seems a very odd stat for someone of his talent and is a near ever present. A centre mid should be between 6-10 goals a season

I suppose when you look at Hutchinson and Pelupessy’s goal scoring record, Bannan’s doesn’t look too bad 

Except their duties are usually as sitting/holding players!

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

They would probably love to but no way is Bannan letting anyone else near any dead ball situation. 

he should after today

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Players miss penalties all the time. Messi has missed 28 in his career and scored 99 so even the very best miss them regularly.

Yes its frustrating that Bannan missed but its not the reason we lost or the reason we are going down.

You meant draw not lost, but, Yes, yes it IS the reason we drew. had he scored we would have won 2-1. 

Players shouldn't miss penalties all the time.  They overthink it. The GK has to stand still, the ball is static, it's 12 yards from the goal, and you've spent your entire life practising kicking it.  Take a long run up and smash it as hard as you can. Very occasionally it will hit the GK (but bounce back), and even more occasionally it will go over the bar, but almost never.  A professional should miss no more than 1 in, say 50.

Although I've been going a long time and I don't think we've been awarded 50😏

• Like 1