What's the worst away end view you've been to?

1 hour ago, danblakemore said:

Filbert St was a bit shybo, As was Goodison back in the day if you were standing

The first of the games there against Arsenal in the FA cup run was a right crush. When the crowd jumped up and down you went up and down whether you jumped or not. I had to press the button on a blokes LCD watch to show the time near the end because he couldn't get his other hand over to press it without wrestling everybody around him. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Bramall Lane... worst view ever, as you can see the whole of the inside of Bramall Lane. Yuk 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

...and the yellow rain. 

What a pig sty.

Refused to go there again after that and watched the double game at Hillsborough on the big screen. A much better view etc and a brilliant atmosphere for a beam back.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Stamford Bridge - like a ground hound track and miles from the pitch.

Also, as Vulva says, The Dell - remember Shirtcliffe scoring a header and I am sure my eye-level was at his feet.

Should mention those ground hounds were grey.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I once went to Highbury, and was right at the back of a lower tier stand .  The top tier sloped right over the bottom tier, i couldnt see half the pitch.

I remember standing there a few times, with an Arsenal mate, on their end when we lost 7-1, but years before on the away end when Mariner was playing for them (and scored) I was surprised that I could get pints of beer and take them out onto the terraces at half time. 

I seem to remember Chester's ground and Bradford City's old ground were both tips, but I think the view was alright at those two.

I seem to remember Boothferry Park (Hull's old ground) being a bad view, but I might have been confusing it with Scunny or Grimsby, I only went once to each and none of them were brilliant, but for one reason or another the memories are a bit hazy.

It gets a lot of plaudits for being a great experience/atmosphere but Celtic Park is awful and up there with the worst for me to go to as an away fan.

The area surrounding the ground is horrible, there’s nowhere to drink nearby where you won’t get lynched, you get coins chucked at you, you’ll get spat at, the police are always way too heavy handed, and if you’re even lucky enough to get a seat (sometimes I’ve been and folk have been forced to stand because the seats are broken and there’s more fans than seats) you get views like this. 

£37 odd to watch your team get pumped in a dump like that. It’s no wonder most teams don’t bring a good following there. 

Tied for me with Aberdeen for the worst away end in Scottish football. Celtic Park is an absolute shitehole in an absolute shitehole.

B39844DF-6B2D-4B08-A7A4-521EBD46C2AB.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Plough Lane. 

When we played there in the old third we stood on all four sides of the ground... started on the side terrace before kick off and then behind the goal we were attacking walked round to the other goal after half time and then joined some mates on the other side terrace...perfect view 🤣