What's the worst away end view you've been to?

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think the old Bolton ground Burden Park where for some reason they had sold half the away end to a discount supermarket and you couldn't see a decent part of the pitch (Including the goal from some parts)

Yes that was a shocker. While the change was going on they put up a scaffold stand which was pretty horrible too. I remember going there one season wearing Reggie Blinker wigs.

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What's been the ground you've been to that had the worst view of the pitch?

Surely Loftus Road has to be one of them?

And the old Wembley too if you were behind the goal?

Yes Loftus Road was a bad one, especially when we went down there and had to play on the plastic pitch too. Not having a good view would have been a blessing. I remember the stewards trying to stop us from throwing the footballs kicked into us by Mel Sterland pre-match. We were chucking the balls around but I think some lights or other fixtures ended up being a target. Tut tut.

Forest Green Rovers! Went to watch Mansfield in non league there (mate is a Mansfield fan) it’s a nice little stadium and no issue with the view but the farmer in the field next to the stadium spent the whole afternoon burning tyres and the smoke drifted into the away end. 

Funny thing was got chatting to the guy next to me and he was a wednesday fan too watching Mansfield with a friend.

Guest wilyfox

I was stuck behind a pillar at Loftus Road in 2010 when Tom Soares headed our equaliser. I couldn’t see a fookín thing, just heard the cheer. What a shithole ground that is.