What's the worst away end view you've been to?

The old Den at Millwall, fenced in the corner and could only see the crossbar of the goal at our end. It was a 4-4 draw and I didnt see half of the goals.

Similar at Burnley for the FA Cup QF in 1983 despite being in the seats  behind the goal. I didn't see Bolder save the early pen at our end, but then I was only 10 and everybody was standing up. 

Watched Wednesday since 1966, for me it's my 1st away ground, Sheff Ud from the cricket pavilion stand.

QPR upper has to be the worst of grounds still going, Brentfords old ground when they used the side stand and we had the terrace behind the goal, that was the view if you got a seat in the corner  looking at our fans. Carlisle could be a bad view if your seat was in the first section as its about 10 metres behind the open terrace. Been to every away ground to watch Wednesday and would still rather have the old grounds of Northampton, Reading, Colchester, Wimbledon, Brighton, Oxford, etc, than the modern soul less bowls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

The match we played under Gary Megson at the Brighton athletics stadium.

It felt like being half a mile away at the end given to our supporters.

Think we got about 200 tickets for that match.Old Wembley was just as bad and West Hams new ground is bad. Newport is a good distance from the goals due to it been a rugby pitch. Still prefer the old grounds.

Hillsborough was a Palace in the 60's onwards, most other grounds were old and decrepit, but that was part of the away "experience".  Baseball ground stands out for me, horrible location, mudbath pitch,  terrible view from pitchside. Went a lot, with Wednesday and without!  I hate to say it but they were an exciting side under Clough.

8 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Was it at The Grand Old Lady where you used to be stood so that your legs were below pitch level and short people got a worms eye view?

Spot on, on the Leppings Lane end. Used to be down at the front at pitch level. Still remember seeing the fabulous turf at eye level, and Bronco Layne coming at me with the ball at 90 mph.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Layer road was a crap away end. View of the pitch wasn't great from what I can remember. 

I still regret the fact that I could see the action in the 2006-07 game there. Also, Essex is way bigger than I'd realised - Colchester is nearer to Ipswich than London (so it took us hours to get back to ThatLondon after that game)...

5 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

The match we played under Gary Megson at the Brighton athletics stadium.

It felt like being half a mile away at the end given to our supporters.

Withdean Athletics Stadium? 

First time was when Chris Turner was manager and we got relegated along with Brighton after a 1-1 draw towards end of season, we then played em early doors following season and lost 3 or 4-0 I think, then we played em again a year or two later under Paul Sturrock when we won 2-0 in Championship.