Darren Moore's post-Swansea reaction

18 minutes ago, parajack said:

In case you hadnt noticed mate,what exactly do you think they are doing now??   pampered millionairres or not, its the fans who deserve better than being in my view 'patronise4d...DM can see it,the people commentating can see it,the FANS can see it.....

So then it's pointless doing anything as nothing is going to work.

And I disagree that fans deserve anything, it's football , you pay your money you take your chances.

If you pay in with any expectations whatsoever then you're deluding yourself. Expecting answers because you're a fan is pure entitlement

5 hours ago, should know better said:

We had two ball playing CB's last night both comfortable with the ball at feet despite it often being taken from them by our midfielder coming back.

We lost it once again in the middle. A little more practice bringing it out from the back might help but we have been a long ball side with everything through Bannan for too long now, and that has been worse than what we have witnessed in the last couple of matches.

Not quite sure what your point is.

Looks like a dig a Bannan and blaming him for lasts nights defeat would be ridiculous.

18 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, sadly it seems quite likely.

Surprised he didn’t opt to stay at Donny

He's come here for the money 💰

absolutely no doubt , Chansiri is obviously paying a decent wage (which he can't afford) he should have had a look at the state of things before he jumped ship but has put money before anything else.

• Like 3

I cannot understand for the life of me what made Moore or any Manager come here. The Football world is a very small village with everyone knowing almost everyone. After the players have gone home in the afternoons most managers are on the phone ringing mates other managers up for a chat so everyone in the game will know about Chansiri and the shambles the club is in. Apart from  those who are really desperate to get themselves back on the merry go round will consider coming to Hillsbrorough. Lets face it nobody rewards failure like the world of football.

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Totally agree with your summary of the players and wider points re our Club,but are you seriously telling me the middle of a relegation battle is the right time to try to instill a 'new system'? really? without players brought in with the skill set to play said system,and a full pre season to perfect it,and get it right?

Your point about 'playing football' i totally disagree with,just nonsense thats been perpetuated due to the glut of foreign coach's who have entered our game.

English game historically has always been direct,exciting,and end to end....not 16 passes to get to the half way line and than lose possession!

Look as an example to sticking to a system the players knew,and were familiar with,playing direct against Barnsley,=WIN.....Look also at Barnsleys fate last  Year playing 'football' survived in the Championship by the skin of their teeth,cutesy only of Wigans downfall.

This season they play direct,attacking football,result? Heading for the 'play offs'

I know which of the two 'styles' i would like to watch....

'Playing out from the back'...with our defenders/midfielders? You really think thats effective? and has worked?  Welcome to Div 1 Sheffield Wednesday 

I said that he is playing a system that he knows can work. I didn't suggest that it will. It's a big ask with these players, but going direct requires the right players too and the current squad are too weak in defence and have no effective target man and hold up player to make it work. That's what Pulis was hoping to address. DM is working with a stitched up mongrel of a team and whatever system he plays, I doubt he'll get any joy from it. I don't have anything against a direct approach, but DM isn't the man for it, so if we have to play expansive football under him, it will take relegation and a complete restructure to achieve that. Going by that logic, we might as well get some of the team used to his style this season before the mass clear out and recruitment campaign for League One. If he isn't still here then, of course.

Guest The Claw
9 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

And boy is he going to achieve it. 

we were 'on our way' before he got here

4 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

I said that he is playing a system that he knows can work. I didn't suggest that it will. It's a big ask with these players, but going direct requires the right players too and the current squad are too weak in defence and have no effective target man and hold up player to make it work. That's what Pulis was hoping to address. DM is working with a stitched up mongrel of a team and whatever system he plays, I doubt he'll get any joy from it. I don't have anything against a direct approach, but DM isn't the man for it, so if we have to play expansive football under him, it will take relegation and a complete restructure to achieve that. Going by that logic, we might as well get some of the team used to his style this season before the mass clear out and recruitment campaign for League One. If he isn't still here then, of course.

I think the point you miss is that relegation was by no means inevitable when he arrived,indeed Thommo had put together a 5 match winning run, which than fell away....should have stuck to two up front,and wing backs ,Patterson playing behind JR and Windass

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

So then it's pointless doing anything as nothing is going to work.

And I disagree that fans deserve anything, it's football , you pay your money you take your chances.

If you pay in with any expectations whatsoever then you're deluding yourself. Expecting answers because you're a fan is pure entitlement

TBH Attitudes like that stink the place out.....cant really think of anything worthwhile to andswer you with.....without 'fans; there is no product to 'sell' both locally and on the World stage.

The least,the very least the Club 'owes' the fans is a honest explanation...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I cannot understand for the life of me what made Moore or any Manager come here. The Football world is a very small village with everyone knowing almost everyone. After the players have gone home in the afternoons most managers are on the phone ringing mates other managers up for a chat so everyone in the game will know about Chansiri and the shambles the club is in. Apart from  those who are really desperate to get themselves back on the merry go round will consider coming to Hillsbrorough. Lets face it nobody rewards failure like the world of football.

Maybe as we’re a big(ish) club and a clean slate to have a go at it next season in league one? 

32 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Ego. 

Believe they can be the ones to turn it round. 

And money of course! 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

19 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, sadly it seems quite likely.

Surprised he didn’t opt to stay at Donny

The wheels at Donny may have been falling off, which prompted him to bail.

Of course it's absurd to judge a manager  based on an isolated run of results, but the string of results before he left Donny were poor, and they've mostly been poor ever since.

In many ways Moore is an unknown commodity. I hope he does well, but I'd be lying if I said I had full confidence. For what it's worth, with Chansiri as your boss, I think anyone would struggle. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, parajack said:

I think the point you miss is that relegation was by no means inevitable when he arrived,indeed Thommo had put together a 5 match winning run, which than fell away....should have stuck to two up front,and wing backs ,Patterson playing behind JR and Windass

True, but Thommo was also in charge during the 3-2 reverse at Luton, the first sign that we were in real trouble. You're right, there was a chance we could turn it around then, but I'm not convinced that Thommo, or anyone else could have done so, after the initial manager bounce. The players briefly decided to give a sheite and then reverted to type. I agree with your 2 up front, patts and wing backs btw. That seems to get the best out of what we currently have. I personally think that Windass is improving under DM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

TBH Attitudes like that stink the place out.....cant really think of anything worthwhile to andswer you with.....without 'fans; there is no product to 'sell' both locally and on the World stage.

The least,the very least the Club 'owes' the fans is a honest explanation...

My attitude stinks because I don't agree with you? Ok mate, it's already been explained that in pre and post match interviews managers are fulfilling contractual obligations to be there, if the TV companies didn't have these contracts in the place, I can 100% guarantee that no club would have these pre or post match interviews.

It's the entertainment business mate, if you had a season ticket for the theatre would you expect a statement from the play director if his play was universally panned?

Your season ticket entitles you to watch football matches nothing more or less. What the club owes you for your season tickets stops and ends there

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

My attitude stinks because I don't agree with you? Ok mate, it's already been explained that in pre and post match interviews managers are fulfilling contractual obligations to be there, if the TV companies didn't have these contracts in the place, I can 100% guarantee that no club would have these pre or post match interviews.

It's the entertainment business mate, if you had a season ticket for the theatre would you expect a statement from the play director if his play was universally panned?

Your season ticket entitles you to watch football matches nothing more or less. What the club owes you for your season tickets stops and ends there

Totally disagree with you mate,you seem to have bought into only being a 'customer' rather than a life long supporter/fan,   two completely different things.....examples: People leaving their money in the Club during lockdown,and not asking for refunds,people allowing their tickets to roll over,even though they have paid high Championship prices,to watch now L1 football.

Buying merchandise from the Club to again put money into it,when it could be bought allegedly cheaper elsewhere...And finally people supporting the Club through thick and thin,despite dire results,etc etc

People dont do any of the aforesaid at the 'Theatre do they? if they dont like performances or the time table of events they go to another dont they? or dont go at all? cos they are customers,not 'fans'

I’m not taking the cynical view

Yes money plays a part of course it does but I  like Moore he seems a decent bloke and he didn’t have to put his fledgling career at risk by coming here

A last pay day like perhaps Pulis then maybe money was the overriding factor but not Moore so early in his career

Some say they wonder why he has come but rather knock him for that why not praise him? 
With the way things could go at Wednesday make no mistake he is putting all his future prospects on the line

I respect him for that

What Chansiri does is up to him but while DM is here he has my 100%  backing

Give the lad a chance

On 14/04/2021 at 09:52, Owl Stork said:

I think we're all aware that some of the team don't have the heart for a fight and want out. I can't honestly say I blame them given what's going on behind the scenes. DM must be aware of that too. The problem is that due to injury, pending transfer or lack of talent/experience/motivation, there is no back up, so Moore has to stick with what he's got and try to keep everyone healthy and fit, which is quite an ask if you consider the position we are in. He can't afford to point fingers and drop key players, so he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He is playing a system that he knows can work, but frankly, the results would be no better if he changed it. We don't have the individual talent or mindset. That is due to recruitment strategy, contract issues and upper management policies, none of which DM had a say in. None of this will change until by circumstances it is forced to change, so until then, DM has to try to keep everyone on his side, either that or walk. So maybe put yourself in his position before you make judgements. He is at least staying true to his footballing philosophy and not reverting to hoof ball as his predecessors have done.

I wasn't criticizing DM in the slightest.

I think Chansiri has seen what has happened at the Lane, Barnsley etc, and wants some of that.

Considering what was happening at Donny, he probably reasoned that Moore was the best man to emulate it.

Some on this site are berating Moore for not pulling off a footballing miracle by keeping us up, when IMO we've been dead men walking for months.

This isn't Moore's team, so he can't be judged on it.

It's a crap team, which it was always going to be once the forwards Channers lavished money on had to be released to satisfy P&S.

Stick FF, Hooper and Fletcher into this outfit and there's no way we'd be going down.

Moore's job is to rebuild in the Third and try to do a Wilder.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

This isn't Moore's team, so he can't be judged on it.

It's a crap team, which it was always going to be once the forwards Channers lavished money on had to be released to satisfy P&S.

Stick FF, Hooper and Fletcher into this outfit and there's no way we'd be going down.

Moore's job is to rebuild in the Third and try to do a Wilder.

Not sure how much good FF would be in this squad unless the lads fancied some skipping lessons.