Darren Moore's post-Swansea reaction

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I’m sure Darren is a nice bloke, but I seriously don’t give a **** about post-match comments anymore. Would rather they said nothing at this point. 

Never understood why they seem to be forced to speak to the media after a game.......Why?

We are shìte, we know, he knows it, the guy asking the questions knows it, as does the guy holding the bàstard camera.

A pointless exercise which offers nothing positive for anyone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bassdrinker said:

Not sure that failing at Wednesday counts for much. Hate myself for being so cynical but it just seems expected. Personally I hope he's supported next season.

Its our default setting atm. I was really making reference to his statistical performance by the seasons end, assuming it continues on its current trajectory. Aside from which, some fans will have already marked his card by then, wrongfully so but inevitable.

It all begs the question, why not have lined up DM for next season with a brief to prepare for League One and a clean slate. The writing has been on the wall for us all season and the club (DC) are almost certainly in denial about our reality.

We could have continued with NT, after all his managerial record is the best of our managers this season I think..........he could have taken the flack and handed over to DM and saved him from being tainted by our deadwood squad........

When Darren Moore came in the press who covered Doncaster said he just ignored the crap in the game when his team's loose and talk up the next game....... If he wants to be given a chance and time he really really needs to learn here we want to be treated like grown ups and talk straight to us. We value being real. You need to try be positive about the future but if he get caught week after week talking fake positive bullcrap he will just anger supporters and lose credibility...... We know what we see and side stepping the crap and peddling crap will shorten his time here not lengthen it. Nothing is worse than watching crap and then being told we played well and the players gave their all when they haven't. I don't want him to come out and rip them to shreds but please Darren cut the crap! Thanks 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In a couple of weeks;  he'll be rolling out the excuses saying that the damage was done well before his tenure and that we'll re-build and come back stronger. 

He'll be partly correct, but he's still had time to claw back a 2 game deficit. 

I don't understand why some fans still think that we've a chance of staying up.

I suspect Moore was appointed because Chansiri knew that we're going down.

And when Moore took the job he probably knew that we were likely to go down too.

He's got to say something post match.

He can't very well say "We're going down and there are some in this team who don't care because they'll be off at the end of the season."

It's really difficult to keep remembering that DM is not the man to blame here.

But for my own sanity, I have to keep reminding myself that DM is not the problem - and is in fact the one shining light to clutch onto in this utter mess of a season.

Genuinely think us fans have our part to play in making it crystal clear to Chansiri that we approve of his appointment - because we know 100% that DC will look to the fans message boards and social media for 'feedback'.

If he gets shut of DM after this season we are right back into the mess.

With him, I genuinely believe we've got a chance of getting a team together we can be proud of (regardless of us being in League 1)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

its not the 1970s, he's not brian t blade at stocksbridge park,  he needs the players onside, he considers himself a modern professional manager that tries to stay positive, we dont know whats said in the dressing room, he knows the way to get people onside is through getting results.  He needs the players to respect him. 

Call it naiive but thats the way modern football is.  

It's not naive, but it is incorrect. I'm not asking for him to come out and name players who underperformed, we can all see for ourselves who did that, but his integrity is dwindling with every post game interview as he refers to the same soundbite handbook you must have been reading. 

Maybe you don't watch much football or interviews from other managers, but look what Klopp said recently after their defeat to fulham, Mouriinho has at every club given an interview highlighting when his players underperformed, Ancelotti a decade ago at Chelsea came out and said the team had no identity. I could go on with plenty of real, genuine responses of forward thinking modern day managers. What they did differently to Moore is they were honest, that 4 minute interview does more damage than good for Moore and this club. You don't get respect from the players by doing that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

He's the second of our recent managers, Monk the other, that I cannot listen to. 

He's full of erm's. 

Monk was full of yeah's and ear pulls 

Pulis spoke well but was totally at a loss. 

Bruce was "now look" 

Bring back Carlos. At least he raised a smile every time he spoke. Hadn't got a clue what he was talking about but was a great ranter. 

Can you visual Moore team talk:

Bazza erm don't erm pass back erm do your erm twizzly thingy and erm pass to erm, oh I don't know erm what do you erm think bazza?

Team talks lasted all erm day. 

I'm erm not sure if erm Moore is erm right for us but erm who else could we erm have got. 

Any erm suggestions? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Not many ball playing central defenders in  league 1.

If you lose the ball back there like tonite, it can be very costly.

Any CB losing the ball like Lees did tonight, ought not be playing in anything higher than Sunday League bottom division standard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, victorturner said:

He wasn't brought in to change appearances, he was brought in to get results. He has adopted the wrong approach as we do not have the requisite quality

I think we've tried all the approaches with this squad this season, and already during the previous season. The squad is just mostly so totally past it's best before date and stale.

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I like Moore, I really hope he is here next season but he annoys me when he says things like the players are giving everything and the players won’t give up. Maybe he feels he has to say that but it isn’t true is it. 

Agree, it's a politician's answer. Hopefully when it's mathematically beyond us, he can speak honestly and cut loose some of these wasters. 

It baffles me that some get so annoyed about standard pre and post match interviews

They're all cookie cutter soundbyte answers, its what happens. 

There is never going to be any massive revelations or dressing downs given out, it's obligated media, it has to happen for contractual reasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1