Darren Moore's post-Swansea reaction

To be fair to Moore some of the football since he came in has been the best so far in this torrid season. 

Playing out from the back is fine if you have the quality to do it effectively, sadly we don't have and probably won't have the quality to enable us to play this way.

Think next season we need to have a more pragmatic approach, if Darren's still in charge.

• Like 1

Just now, A E Neuman NYowl said:

To be fair to Moore some of the football since he came in has been the best so far in this torrid season. 

Playing out from the back is fine if you have the quality to do it effectively, sadly we don't have and probably won't have the quality to enable us to play this way.

Think next season we need to have a more pragmatic approach, if Darren's still in charge.

I think Moore will be able to bring in players to play the way he wants as there will be a huge clear out in the summer. The current squad don't appear to be successful whatever style is adopted TBH. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I think Moore will be able to bring in players to play the way he wants as there will be a huge clear out in the summer. The current squad don't appear to be successful whatever style is adopted TBH. 

Not many ball playing central defenders in  league 1.

If you lose the ball back there like tonite, it can be very costly.

6 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

He wasn't brought in to change appearances, he was brought in to get results. He has adopted the wrong approach as we do not have the requisite quality

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don''t know why people keep saying he needs to call the players out.  It's not the 70s or 80s anymore.  You cant just absolve blame or call a spade a spade as a manager unless you work int meltin shop ont attercliffe.

Wilder got stick for it on here and it didnt work for him.  It's a delicate balance and he needs to keep them on his side for the time being. He needs them to buy into what hes doing.   There is an unwritten code to keep it in the changing room.

Its like people want a personal apology from Moore.  I think people are over estimating their importance.  Its the results he's worried about, not your 'respect'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Its a contractual obligation. No idea what he can say to make people happy or get people on his side..Only results and performances can do that.

I am on his side. Just seems pointless as little to say about the little performances. Yes guess it's contractual. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Morepork said:

our current circumstances will bestow upon him a shocking managerial record by the time this season is finished.

Not sure that failing at Wednesday counts for much. Hate myself for being so cynical but it just seems expected. Personally I hope he's supported next season.

Be interesting to see if his team selection & tone changes after the inevitable is confirmed. 

While ever it’s mathematically possible to stay up it’d be stupid to start chucking players under the bus. He’d ultimately only do himself more damage than anyone else.

• Like 3

He’s got us playing the best football we have played for years. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the players to do it. Playing out with Tom Lees is asking for trouble. He needs to get rid of the poo and bring in players who can play football and not “experienced players”. 

If he’s given the budget I think he’s the best man for the job. Over to Chansiri 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 0742 said:

This is exactly how i feel. 

At this point he could at least attempt to unite the fans, most of these players won't be here next season, throw them under the bus just as they deserve. Tell the fans you expect more from this bunch, don't come out spewing 'fine margins' horse shît and expect us to back you when we all know they're not up for the fight and the club is rotten. 

I'm really starting to think we have another clueless idiot in charge. Terrible substitutions, poor team selection and soundbite bingo at every post match presser. It's all getting a bit tedious and would be nice to have someone at the club who knows what they are doing.

its not the 1970s, he's not brian t blade at stocksbridge park,  he needs the players onside, he considers himself a modern professional manager that tries to stay positive, we dont know whats said in the dressing room, he knows the way to get people onside is through getting results.  He needs the players to respect him. 

Call it naiive but thats the way modern football is.