Darren Moore's post-Swansea reaction

Moore has been dealt a crap hand, and none of this is his fault, BUT I just wish he would stop insulting the supporters intelligence and stop trying to defend the indefencable. The players are throwing Moore under the bus every time they play and it's about time he hung them out to dry. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Our squad is notoriously mentally fragile. Pulis tried the ‘calling them out’ method and found himself out of a job a few weeks later. Thompson apparently did the same and results fell away for him too and they packed in. This lot collectively just can’t hack it - you only have to look at how many points they’ve chucked away over the past year or two, or how they never recover from going a goal behind, to see that fragility.  A proper squad could handle being told hard truths, our lot just can’t. 

The only minor chance Moore had was probably to give them crazy amounts of positive reinforcement, and hope it coaxes them into something. I don’t for one second think that he actually believes what he’s saying. He should be judged on what he does next season. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Not many ball playing central defenders in  league 1.

If you lose the ball back there like tonite, it can be very costly.

We had two ball playing CB's last night both comfortable with the ball at feet despite it often being taken from them by our midfielder coming back.

We lost it once again in the middle. A little more practice bringing it out from the back might help but we have been a long ball side with everything through Bannan for too long now, and that has been worse than what we have witnessed in the last couple of matches.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, northeastowl said:

He’s got us playing the best football we have played for years. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the players to do it. Playing out with Tom Lees is asking for trouble. He needs to get rid of the poo and bring in players who can play football and not “experienced players”. 

If he’s given the budget I think he’s the best man for the job. Over to Chansiri 

It took Wilder a little while to get his way of playing into the players, I hope if DM is the manager next season we cannot adopt a more pleasing style, preferably a winning one.

5 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I don't understand why some fans still think that we've a chance of staying up.

I suspect Moore was appointed because Chansiri knew that we're going down.

And when Moore took the job he probably knew that we were likely to go down too.

He's got to say something post match.

He can't very well say "We're going down and there are some in this team who don't care because they'll be off at the end of the season."

I think we're all aware that some of the team don't have the heart for a fight and want out. I can't honestly say I blame them given what's going on behind the scenes. DM must be aware of that too. The problem is that due to injury, pending transfer or lack of talent/experience/motivation, there is no back up, so Moore has to stick with what he's got and try to keep everyone healthy and fit, which is quite an ask if you consider the position we are in. He can't afford to point fingers and drop key players, so he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He is playing a system that he knows can work, but frankly, the results would be no better if he changed it. We don't have the individual talent or mindset. That is due to recruitment strategy, contract issues and upper management policies, none of which DM had a say in. None of this will change until by circumstances it is forced to change, so until then, DM has to try to keep everyone on his side, either that or walk. So maybe put yourself in his position before you make judgements. He is at least staying true to his footballing philosophy and not reverting to hoof ball as his predecessors have done.

• Thanks 1

I think DM's real thoughts re this squad will become clear when we see the retained/released list.

At present he's stuck with the players for the remainder of the season and there's still an outside chance they'll win another match or score two goals (or even escape relegation if you're a mathematician rather than a fan whose seen them play).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I like Moore, I really hope he is here next season but he annoys me when he says things like the players are giving everything and the players won’t give up. Maybe he feels he has to say that but it isn’t true is it. 

Exactly....its patronising to supporters many of whom still havnt recieved refunds,and STILL  are paying good money to watch in Ifollow..DM isnt blameless in this either,instilling a new way of playing in a relegation battle,some strange team selections,and very poor substitutions...

At the very least i would expect some frankness,not meaningless platitudes..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

No better summed up by Rotherham’s result tonight against a team that dicked us 4-1 on Saturday yet 3 days later get turned over by a team 1 place higher than us. 

To be fair QPR have been massively better at home than away this year.

Swansea are a good side but there was no (positive) reaction to going behind, players just went through motions and accepted dearest 2nd half

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

I think we're all aware that some of the team don't have the heart for a fight and want out. I can't honestly say I blame them given what's going on behind the scenes. DM must be aware of that too. The problem is that due to injury, pending transfer or lack of talent/experience/motivation, there is no back up, so Moore has to stick with what he's got and try to keep everyone healthy and fit, which is quite an ask if you consider the position we are in. He can't afford to point fingers and drop key players, so he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He is playing a system that he knows can work, but frankly, the results would be no better if he changed it. We don't have the individual talent or mindset. That is due to recruitment strategy, contract issues and upper management policies, none of which DM had a say in. None of this will change until by circumstances it is forced to change, so until then, DM has to try to keep everyone on his side, either that or walk. So maybe put yourself in his position before you make judgements. He is at least staying true to his footballing philosophy and not reverting to hoof ball as his predecessors have done.

Totally agree with your summary of the players and wider points re our Club,but are you seriously telling me the middle of a relegation battle is the right time to try to instill a 'new system'? really? without players brought in with the skill set to play said system,and a full pre season to perfect it,and get it right?

Your point about 'playing football' i totally disagree with,just nonsense thats been perpetuated due to the glut of foreign coach's who have entered our game.

English game historically has always been direct,exciting,and end to end....not 16 passes to get to the half way line and than lose possession!

Look as an example to sticking to a system the players knew,and were familiar with,playing direct against Barnsley,=WIN.....Look also at Barnsleys fate last  Year playing 'football' survived in the Championship by the skin of their teeth,cutesy only of Wigans downfall.

This season they play direct,attacking football,result? Heading for the 'play offs'

I know which of the two 'styles' i would like to watch....

'Playing out from the back'...with our defenders/midfielders? You really think thats effective? and has worked?  Welcome to Div 1 Sheffield Wednesday 

• Like 1

Good managers look at what they have to work with and adapt their formations and tactics accordingly. 

How Moore can look at Borner and Lees and think it's a good idea to pass it out from the back is beyond me. 

His substitutions have been bizarre to say the least. 

I haven't seen or heard anything from him so far to suggest that he has a clue what he is doing.

I hope he has an eye for young player's who can actually pass a football and his coaching team can develop and improve those players because that is our only hope.

Whether our nut job owner gives him the time to do this as we wallow around for years in the pub league is another matter. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

To be fair QPR have been massively better at home than away this year.

Swansea are a good side but there was no (positive) reaction to going behind, players just went through motions and accepted dearest 2nd half

Yes totally agree,what do you think as an example Wilders post match conference would have been like? (after watching that game?) I think they would have had it BOTH BARRELS,and they would have deserved it......

More to the point the fans/supporters deserve to hear him call these performances out..... For me,that was the main thing i admired GM for....He placed the blame 4square  where it belonged on the players.....Look at the individual 'mistakes' and poor alleged game play and choices we see on the pitch,again and again.....Quote GM  'i dont COACH  them to play like that'....

2 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

It baffles me that some get so annoyed about standard pre and post match interviews

They're all cookie cutter soundbyte answers, its what happens. 

There is never going to be any massive revelations or dressing downs given out, it's obligated media, it has to happen for contractual reasons.

Precisely. I have literally no idea how people can get worked up by them. They are never going to say what you want them to say 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes totally agree,what do you think as an example Wilders post match conference would have been like? (after watching that game?) I think they would have had it BOTH BARRELS,and they would have deserved it......

More to the point the fans/supporters deserve to hear him call these performances out..... For me,that was the main thing i admired GM for....He placed the blame 4square  where it belonged on the players.....Look at the individual 'mistakes' and poor alleged game play and choices we see on the pitch,again and again.....Quote GM  'i dont COACH  them to play like that'....

How did things end up for Wilder & Monk this season?

They loved Monk doing it so much they threw him under the bus, same with Pulis & Thompson.

Like it or not footballers these days are pampered millionaires, they aren't going to respond to a manger throwing them under the bus to the media.

2 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

How did things end up for Wilder & Monk this season?

They loved Monk doing it so much they threw him under the bus, same with Pulis & Thompson.

Like it or not footballers these days are pampered millionaires, they aren't going to respond to a manger throwing them under the bus to the media.

In case you hadnt noticed mate,what exactly do you think they are doing now??   pampered millionairres or not, its the fans who deserve better than being in my view 'patronise4d...DM can see it,the people commentating can see it,the FANS can see it.....

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Precisely. I have literally no idea how people can get worked up by them. They are never going to say what you want them to say 

GM  did, So did Chris Wilder,.....yeah both gone now,but Wilder as an example called out players and performances when they were flying,as well as failing...

Guest mrbluesky
15 hours ago, 83owl said:

Hes got the resigned look already that we saw from both Monk and Pulis.

WHAT!!not another manager to find!!

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

GM  did, So did Chris Wilder,.....yeah both gone now,but Wilder as an example called out players and performances when they were flying,as well as failing...

Rule 101 of football is protect your players in front of the press. Anything goes in the changing room, and I’m sure home truths are said and kept in there. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Rule 101 of football is protect your players in front of the press. Anything goes in the changing room, and I’m sure home truths are said and kept in there. 

Than its time rule 101 was 'revisited'...some players on that pitch will be getting paid double what some fans earn in a Year,for 90 mins football,plus any added minutes.

Thats the way of football these days,but its supposed to be 'earnings' not allegedly appearance money for turning up on the day...theres the difference....