the old lady

Guest The Claw

walked passed yesterday, the ground looks like it could do with a fettling, the supports at the cantilever are rusted like nobodies business, would not surprise me if sumat is condemned before the fans return  

She does need some work doing. As stated above a lick of paint wouldnt go a miss but still think we need to knock the west stand down (and cheese corner) and rebuild it. Not only would it update it to something more usable it would remove the stigma of the disaster.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

She does need some work doing. As stated above a lick of paint wouldnt go a miss but still think we need to knock the west stand down (and cheese corner) and rebuild it. Not only would it update it to something more usable it would remove the stigma of the disaster.

Few million quid there, for a like for like replacement.

Hard to justify from a business perspective

• Like 1

Just now, REDOWL said:

This is how it should be mate,took this photo of the North Stand when we was there for my  daughter's wedding reception. Ran down that tunnel and forgot all about the wedding.

IMG_0220 (400x211).jpg

Absolutely spot on.That how it should be.

• Like 1

It just looks terrible and neglected 

It typifies the club in general. The stench of decline

I have to turn my head driving past Leppings Lane so I don’t catch sight of that truly awful stand.

We shouldn’t underestimate the psychological impact of it all. 
Like when you gut a room in the house and decorate to a high standard. It lifts your well being no end Collectively that’s what should be done at Hillsborough . Like I say psychologically your environment needs to lift you. Ours depresses us despite the potential we all see

Thing is... in the 70’s we were dreadful but we had a stadium to be proud of, Indeed one of the best around. Now we can’t even lay claim to that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Wall said:

Few million quid there, for a like for like replacement.

Hard to justify from a business perspective

Should have been done years ago.

Especially considering the amount of money we have wasted on poor players. 

New stand or Gilles de Bilde what would have been better business.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Disagree on that 

Only way to remove the stigma would be to leave the ground 

Just type in Hillsborough on Google and the first thing that comes up is the disaster 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Ironwork and the actual concrete need painting.... 

Similar to the paint job they did at Meadowhall on concrete roof of the covered lower parking areas.. Complete with colour coding. 

Get the same company to do it... 

Think you need to contact the club directly and make a quote!