the old lady

Guest The Claw

On a side note, is there an actual environmental/planning/permissions reason we know of why none of the blue(s) used in almost every area of the ground are actually the blue of our club/kit colours? I mean it's not really even close. I know some of it is because certain parts fade in the sun and whatnot, but they weren't ever 'right' to start with as far back as I can remember (early '80s). Even when we used to paint some of the wooden seats, and have the standing barriers on the Kop, they were more like sky or azure blue than royal.

I've always wondered why that was.

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Sheffield Wednesdays. Not me and you-weirdo lol

Yeah I still don’t know what you’re on about...maybe I’m slow. Sheffield Wednesdays blue? I’ve always had us associated with a dark blue, but the back of the kop is sky blue 

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

She does need some work doing. As stated above a lick of paint wouldnt go a miss but still think we need to knock the west stand down (and cheese corner) and rebuild it. Not only would it update it to something more usable it would remove the stigma of the disaster.

Doubt they would get planning permission for a new structure unless it provided a long term solution to the separation of opposing fans at that end of the ground.
Bearing in mind the stadium location and  transport infrastructure that would be mighty difficult.

5 hours ago, The Claw said:

walked passed yesterday, the ground looks like it could do with a fettling, the supports at the cantilever are rusted like nobodies business, would not surprise me if sumat is condemned before the fans return  

Perhaps someone can have a word with our Landlord ,Seeing we are paying £3 million a year rent.

6 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Ironwork and the actual concrete need painting.... 

Similar to the paint job they did at Meadowhall on concrete roof of the covered lower parking areas.. Complete with colour coding. 

Get the same company to do it... 

I think it would be best turned into a car park it shopping centre..Then ground share with Rotherham or Utd 

Guest Mcguigan

I get about the ground needing attention but it’s used 23 times a year and will have to do for the medium term.

For me, the most important investment needs to be on a new training and academy complex. Our current one really isn’t fit for a Championship club if our standing in the game.

12 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I get about the ground needing attention but it’s used 23 times a year and will have to do for the medium term.

For me, the most important investment needs to be on a new training and academy complex. Our current one really isn’t fit for a Championship club if our standing in the game.

Couple of weeks and that issue will be solved 

• Haha 1

The stadium has suffered from chronic under investment for decades.  All that has been done for as long as I can remember is the minimum to keep it operational.  

Even some of the suggestions made on here like "a kick of paint" would cost several hundred thousand pounds.  The stadium needs more than a cosmetic makeover it needs major redesigning.  The north stand concourses need a redesign so the stand can be used to its full capacity. The kop & west stand including the NW corner need totally replacing.  

It's not likely to happen without sustained top flight football and the cash that comes with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blatter said:

Doubt they would get planning permission for a new structure unless it provided a long term solution to the separation of opposing fans at that end of the ground.
Bearing in mind the stadium location and  transport infrastructure that would be mighty difficult.

We had planning permission granted a few years ago, no reason to think it wouldn't be again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Millions and millions spent on ageing players past they sell by date and agents during last 6 years.

But cant afford a few thousands on a bit of paint and a new boiler for undersoil heating.

"what are the agent fees on painters and plumbers? asking for a friend"

PAXO.png

• Haha 1