Today's Championship Games

Guest LondonOwl313

On second thoughts there are 4 sides on 42-43 points with 6-7 games left. You’d have thought at least 1 of those will have a crap end to the season and end up on 48 or less.

We just need to focus on our own games and get 4 wins and a draw. We need a run though and I still think the next two games are must win. If we could go in to the last 5 needing 7-8 points to have a chance that would be a good outcome given where we were before kick off yesterday 

Really good draw for us and nearly nicked it at the end. 

It's still way too close. I still think we are 50/50 but at least we have a chance. 

Your not out of it yet, huddersfield, coventry and derby are hardly putting runs together. A couple of wins and everything can change. 

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

On second thoughts there are 4 sides on 42-43 points with 6-7 games left. You’d have thought at least 1 of those will have a crap end to the season and end up on 48 or less.

We just need to focus on our own games and get 4 wins and a draw. We need a run though and I still think the next two games are must win. If we could go in to the last 5 needing 7-8 points to have a chance that would be a good outcome given where we were before kick off yesterday 

Also just completely ignoring Rotherham as I think if we finish below them it’s over anyway as we won’t finish above 2 of those other 4. Have to hope they get less than 13 points from their last 10 games. Which is probably quite likely given they just got battered by Wycombe and have 2-3 games a week to play, more than anyone else, and a small squad as well

Yep it really is too little to late.

Absolutely scandalous to lose against Luton, Birmingham, Rotherham, Wycombe, Coventry this season. We can’t lose to all the teams around us and expect to stay up.

Really poor from the club to not pick up at least 6 more points from those fixtures. Pathetic when you think about it.

Deserve to go down.

• Like 7

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely scandalous to lose against Luton, Birmingham, Rotherham, Wycombe, Coventry this season. We can’t lose to all the teams around us and expect to stay up.

Really poor from the club to not pick up at least 6 more points from those fixtures. Pathetic when you think about it.

Deserve to go down.

Luton and Rotherham twice as well. That’s 7 losses against those sides

18 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yes even before tonight we needed to win 3-4 games in a row just because of the gap.  You can’t be 7-9 points off safety and draw or lose games. Not with so few games remaining.  

Every game is a must win after the Watford game until the gap is closed, if it ever closes 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

We only have ourselves to blame for being in this pathetic position. Losing to some of the crap around us is what sends us down, not because other teams have failed to beat our rivals. We have been shocking this season and can’t blame others for that. Our players have took the pi$$ this season, last night showed that imo. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

Really good draw for us and nearly nicked it at the end. 

It's still way too close. I still think we are 50/50 but at least we have a chance. 

Your not out of it yet, huddersfield, coventry and derby are hardly putting runs together. A couple of wins and everything can change. 

Wish us lot were that optimistic lol 

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Deserve to go down.

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Luton and Rotherham twice as well. That’s 7 losses against those sides

It's awful. You stick even two extra tokens wins against that lot, and off the back of Monday's performance I think you'd look at our 41 points at this stage and think "yup, we're in a really good position to pull the -6 points escape off". When you're having to rely on picking up a huge share of the points against a lot of mid-table sides, you know you've made your relegation avoiding efforts so difficult.

We now have to rely on the sort of run a top 4 team would be expecting this season. I can't see it happening.

Derby could be an interesting one, they play Norwich on Saturday if they lose and we win it leaves us 5 points behind them with a game in hand and we play them the last game of the season.... just hope yesterday wasn’t a fluke and we can build on the last 3 performances. 

• Like 3

It could be 50 points needed at this rate. Rotherham seem to be slumping and have fixture congestion to deal with during that. So they are still a wildcard, but you’d rather they were off form.

If we did the unthinkable and took 15 out of 21 points we’d haul one or two in. But the margin for error is so minimal now it could feel over mathematically in a couple of games time if things don’t go our way.

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

It's awful. You stick even two extra tokens wins against that lot, and off the back of Monday's performance I think you'd look at our 41 points at this stage and think "yup, we're in a really good position to pull the -6 points escape off". When you're having to rely on picking up a huge share of the points against a lot of mid-table sides, you know you've made your relegation avoiding efforts so difficult.

We now have to rely on the sort of run a top 4 team would be expecting this season. I can't see it happening.

I think I’d rather play mid table teams at the moment rather than scrapping with those around us. But we have lost so many six pointers.