Today's Championship Games

Pretty obvious we are down, and deservedly so. Summer recruitment will be a nightmare due to the latest transfer embargo. The current squad Would struggle in league one. Really think the squads of 2003 and 2010 are better than this lot. And to top it of I don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It could be 50 points needed at this rate. Rotherham seem to be slumping and have fixture congestion to deal with during that. So they are still a wildcard, but you’d rather they were off form.

If we did the unthinkable and took 15 out of 21 points we’d haul one or two in. But the margin for error is so minimal now it could feel over mathematically in a couple of games time if things don’t go our way.

Yes, Rotherham are slumping and also have fixture congestion to deal with. Unrfortunately they’ve got home games against both Birmingham and Coventry to come and it’s probably not in our interests if they lose either of those

Realistically, we need to win 5 out of our remaining 7 games - and I just can’t see it happening

Hudds next 3 games are 

Rotherham (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Forest (A) 

Based on their current form how many points will they get from those?

We have to win our next 3 games no matter what,  but if we do then others might be well in our sites with 4 games to go.  

• Like 1

This time next week we could be 2 points from safety, with Coventry, Derby, Huddersfield all joining us in the relegation scrap. Look at the fixtures, things are turning our way. A win on Saturday is huge for us. 

The final day fixture at Derby just keeps getting even bigger. 

I’ll be back, we are staying up! 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

This time next week we could be 2 points from safety, with Coventry, Derby, Huddersfield all joining us in the relegation scrap. Look at the fixtures, things are turning our way. A win on Saturday is huge for us. 

The final day fixture at Derby just keeps getting even bigger. 

I’ll be back, we are staying up! 

I admire your optimism mate, I truly do, but there are so many ifs in the scenario you outline, with so many things having to go for us, and against other teams. I also wouldn't read too much into 1 freakish result.

Cov, Brum, Hudders and Derby are all still in better form than us over the last 10 games, as are Wycombe by the way, and by some distance! Yet I don't hear anyone suggesting that they might pull of the great escape. Only Rotherham have a worse record over that time, and they are the unknown quantity with their games in hand.

But let's imagine we win our next 2, which isn't by any stretch out of the question. If just one of Brum or Cov beat Rotherham next week, it makes the job even harder. If Rotherham win both, it puts more pressure on us in a different way as another team is crowding us out of 21st spot. Draws don't help us much either, as it is just more points to claw back. 

Moore was probably brought in 2 or 3 weeks too late, and the Brum, Luton and Rotherham results did for us unfortunately.

Of course I will happily eat my words on 8th May should the unlikely happen.