No guarantees

Think too many fans are putting too much faith in getting rid of 14 players and Darren Moore putting his own squad together.

We got rid of alot of players last summer and signed absolute dross to replace them, who's to say it won't happen again.

I'm far from convinced Darren Moore will be able to bring in the players he wants and not what DC & Piaxo offer him.

I'd take 1 place above the relegation zone in league 1 

Average players with a average manager 

Lots of fans are in for a shock 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My worry is attracting players for league one. Given Chansari’s run of disasters and not paying players, management appointments etc (need I go on) who the hell wants to come to his club?

I just fear he’s tarnished our club status and can’t see him bringing us out of that. Hopefully DM will attract the players if he’s indeed allowed to bring in his players.

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

It's not a given we will bounce back from Div 1 next year, it's going to take a lot of planning and hard work from every one involved in the club to get us back on our feet and challenging in a position we all want to see the club in, But I can't see the man who owns the club doing that, at least he promised he'd get get us out the championship!!! The whole place needs knocking down and starting from scratch, it's going to take 10 years, but not with him here. 

It's very possible this time next year we will once again be in a relegation scrap.

We all seem to forget relegation does not get rid of the fool running the club into the ground.

We are another Wigan, Bolton or worse, clueless owners running football clubs, leaving fans to pay the cost for their incompetence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Depends what the budget is. If we sell Bannan & Iorfa, get our money back on Paterson & Windass, some compensation for Shaw & Urhoghide...maybe we can afford some attacking talent for league one. A tidy sell-on for Joao would also help if Reading don’t go up and he gets sold.

Joao wont move up a league, not good enough for prem

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Joao wont move up a league, not good enough for prem

Wouldn’t have to be the prem

We've got one season where we have potential to enjoy a sporting advantage, similar to parachute clubs in the championship. After that legacy player contracts end, players leave and becomes a more level playing field and much more difficult.

Don't worry though, if there is a way to fizz it up, Chansiri will find it.

1 minute ago, striker said:

We've got one season where we have potential to enjoy a sporting advantage, similar to parachute clubs in the championship. After that legacy player contracts end, players leave and becomes a more level playing field and much more difficult.

Don't worry though, if there is a way to fizz it up, Chansiri will find it.

That’s the worry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lt109 said:

unfortunately I think this outcome is more likely than an immediate return to the Championship but I think it's most likely that we'll just plod along in league 1 for a few seasons.

From 1974  to 1980,  six years in the third tier was the last time we spent a fair bit of time down there.

23 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Anyone thinking we will breeze straight back up is in for a huge f***in shock..........................the vast majority of these players will look just as bad in the division below.

Abosolutely spot on. 2003/04 and 2010/11 seasons is where we had the culture shock. Don't expect next season  to be very different to those seasons mentioned come August time.Accrington away on a cold wet Tues night in Mid Nov will be interesting. 😣

I remember the last time we went down to Div3 there were many saying we would ******** the league.

Reality kicked in when most of squad was dissembled and we struggled to recruit the better players for the league as other clubs beat us to them. 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, unkastav said:

Fair point. You thinking relegated team with parachute cash who need a goalscorer?!?

Or foreign club. Don’t care. So long as he’s sold for tidy profit we’d get a slice of the action. 

13 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

It's a repeat of the dismal 70s

Oh I’m afraid I think it’s going to be much worse than that. The divisions and clubs weren’t so far apart as they are today. We are light years behind the top clubs with regard to income and quality and they will just get further and further away from us. We owned one of the best stadium in the country, now we rent a tired old ground. Plus we have an owner who doesn’t have a clue and I fear won’t change his ways. I think, at best, with DC in charge, we’ll just drift into insignificance. Very very sad.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Think too many fans are putting too much faith in getting rid of 14 players and Darren Moore putting his own squad together.

We got rid of alot of players last summer and signed absolute dross to replace them, who's to say it won't happen again.

I'm far from convinced Darren Moore will be able to bring in the players he wants and not what DC & Piaxo offer him.

Because that was chancer Monk who didnt have a clue....

In Moore we trust....fingers crossed....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Because that was chancer Monk who didnt have a clue....

In Moore we trust....fingers crossed....

I'm not convinced they were all Monks choices. More of what Piaxo and DC said what he could have,