ROI though

4 hours ago, Rogers said:

What’s happened? Seem to have downhill fast 

I’ve watched them a few times recently and they are dreadful. Looking at their squad and it’s not altogether surprising. There’s no quality and Shane Duffy is still their vice captain and he is a candidate for the worst ever signing in the Scottish Premiership. Awful defender.

They’ve won 2 competitive games in 2 years (Gibraltar at home 2-0, and Bulgaria at home 3-1) and they’ve only scored 2 goals in their last 8 matches, both of them in the 3-2 away defeat to Serbia. The other 7 games including that embarrassment against Luxembourg they’ve failed to score. I saw the bookies odds before the game and Eire were nearly evens to beat Luxembourg at home. That’s some fall from grace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

I’ve watched them a few times recently and they are dreadful. Looking at their squad and it’s not altogether surprising. There’s no quality and Shane Duffy is still their vice captain and he is a candidate for the worst ever signing in the Scottish Premiership. Awful defender.

They’ve won 2 competitive games in 2 years (Gibraltar at home 2-0, and Bulgaria at home 3-1) and they’ve only scored 2 goals in their last 8 matches, both of them in the 3-2 away defeat to Serbia. The other 7 games including that embarrassment against Luxembourg they’ve failed to score. I saw the bookies odds before the game and Eire were nearly evens to beat Luxembourg at home. That’s some fall from grace.

Agree with you about Duffy being useless, But I remember Sendros playing for Rangers as being just as bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Shocking performance, 10 games in charge Stephen Kenny and not won one. 

On paper they've got some decent players but they're just not performing for Kenny, time for a change me thinks. 

Yeah just had a look, it doesn't compare to 2002 with the 2 Keanes, Duff, Given etc, but still should be beating Luxembourg. 

Where has Kenny come from? Why did he get the job? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Yeah just had a look, it doesn't compare to 2002 with the 2 Keanes, Duff, Given etc, but still should be beating Luxembourg. 

I think he was promoted from u21s. Before that did really well with Dundalk taking them to the Europa league group stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Apart from managing Dunfermline he's only been in charge of clubs in Irish leagues, very successful at his last job at Dundalk. 

• Thanks 1

The SkySports one was better/questioned him harder and he looked like he was getting angry, but I can't find it. He wouldn't fill me with confidence/he doesn't look like etc. a proper manager. I like the we gotta pick ourselves up and go again quickly part, I heard Ireland don't play again for another 6 months haha?

The one with Coleman was good too, but couldn't find it again. 

Also a funny parody on him/Ireland.lol 

• Haha 1

On 28/03/2021 at 08:41, edinburghowl said:

Their squad isn't significantly different to the one which Mick McCarthy managed to get to the Euro 2020 play-offs. He managed 10 games, won 5, lost 1.  They sacked him off, some considered him to be a dinosaur. They haven't won since.