How long will Darren Moore last at Sheffield Wednesday?

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Not at Chelsea it dosnt

I see your point but over the years the vast  majority of great football teams have 1 common denominator and that is continuity of senior management 

Utd Busby

Liverpool Shankly,Paisley 

Leeds Revie

Forest Clough

Liverpool Dalglish

Arsenal Wenger

Utd Fergie

It doesn't guarantee success but it definitely improves your chances.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Geedee said:

I see your point but over the years the vast  majority of great football teams have 1 common denominator and that is continuity of senior management 

Utd Busby

Leeds Revie

Forest Clough

Liverpool Dalglish

Arsenal Wenger

Utd Fergie

They weren’t successful because they were in their post for a long time, they were in post for a long time because they were successful. A manager like Alan Irvine or Garry Monk would not have won the league if only he had been given 5 years, he would just have been useless for 5 years. 

40 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

They weren’t successful because they were in their post for a long time, they were in post for a long time because they were successful. 

That's not strictly  true,revie,shankley,fergie,Busby were at there clubs a number years without any success building the teams that made them successful. Clough's first season at derby was mid table  second div.....you can manage powerful clubs like chelsea,arsenal spurs etc etc and have a decent chance of being successful straight away but if your inheriting a load crap with no money to spend it takes time .

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

That's not strictly  true,revie,shankley,fergie,Busby were at there clubs a number years without any success building the teams that made them successful. Clough's first season at derby was mid table  second div.....you can manage powerful clubs like chelsea,arsenal spurs etc etc and have a decent chance of being successful straight away but if your inheriting a load crap with no money to spend it takes time .

They all had promotions, high finishes, cups and titles within 1-3 years of taking over and then sustained their success. 

12 hours ago, Geedee said:

Utd Busby

Leeds Revie

Forest Clough

Liverpool Dalglish

Arsenal Wenger

Utd Fergie

It's significant that none of these are examples from the past decade. 

9 hours ago, kobayashi said:

They all had promotions, high finishes, cups and titles within 1-3 years of taking over and then sustained their success. 

not sure where you get 1 year from but 3 years seems about par for revie, shanks busby and bit longer for fergie to achieve some success ......thats  about how long it took jack charlton to get us up  from the 3rd in his time here ........very very few can build from scratch with no money and achieve success in 12 months 

• Like 1

On 25/03/2021 at 05:49, @owlstalk said:

_117339081_darrenmoore2.jpg

Do you think Darren Moore will last longer at SWFC than those before him?

He seemed to get off on a good start when Chansiri admitted that during his interview, Moore made him do a proper laugh a few times and they got on well - that bodes well.

But do you think he'll last?

He'll last into the 3rd division. No fault of him

Chansiri takes all the blame.

• Love 1

On 26/03/2021 at 00:07, Geedee said:

Utd Busby

Leeds Revie

Forest Clough

Liverpool Dalglish

Arsenal Wenger

Utd Fergie

Are you suggesting, given time, Moore will turn us into a “great” football team?

On 25/03/2021 at 20:40, Marro said:

If Chansiri believes Moore is the right man for the job then I hope: (1) he gives Moore time and (2) gives more the resources and autonomy to bring his own players in.

The jury is still out on Moore but like most fans, I hope he can be a success.  The manger’s job at S6 is somewhat of a poisoned chalice but the person who ultimately turns this ship around will be part of folklore and remembered fondly.  Fingers crossed 🤞 Moore is the guy to do just that.

That’s about it isn’t it

• Like 1

On 25/03/2021 at 16:22, Geedee said:

Whether it's Darren or a future manager at some point to achieve any level of success we are going to have to give a manager a run of 3 seasons changing managers all the time guarantees failure 

On 26/03/2021 at 00:07, Geedee said:

Utd Busby

Leeds Revie

Forest Clough

Liverpool Dalglish

Arsenal Wenger

Utd Fergie

24 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

Are you suggesting, given time, Moore will turn us into a “great” football team?

No see above what I am suggesting , if you read my two previous posts I am simply saying that swapping managers every few months is not the way to build anything ,