Breaking - Sheffield Wednesday Accounts Published

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Maybe we should do what Arsenal did way back and offer one of the clubs winning promotion a chunk of money to swap places.

I'd go for that if it wasn't for my three 10 year season tickets and three 1867 memberships! My accounts as a result of that lot are definitely looking very unhealthy. I am also wondering if the ten year deals and the 1867 club memberships will be honoured if the club goes bust! Will I be just one of a long list of people owed money when Chasiri's boat sinks? Will I be able to squat in the relative comfort of the walkway behind the south stand?

lol

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the best answer to this is the thread on the supporter engagement forum that was just held

Yep,  just had a browse on there and see as others have said it seems more of a tick box exercise than a true collaboration with fans to move us forward.

There is so much that could be done relatively easily to move us forward and those views need to be listened to. 

• Love 1

Well, I expected a clusterfu*k like that and in truth the results are probably worse than have been depicted.

What had slipped my attention is that we have no board of directors !!!  No financial director, no commercial director, no CEO... it’s all him , Mr.Chansiri has the perfect right to turn Hillsborough into a Tuna processing plant.

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For every £1 the club brought in Chansiri spent £1.60 just on player wages 

Think about that for a second

For every tenner you gave to him he spent £16 on player wages

Think about that for a second

For every £100 you put into the club he spent £160 on player wages

Crikey

Everytime you see player wages are 100% makes any sane person cringe.

Birmingham !!! at one bit topped out at 212%

We owe Chansiri nearly £64M. This is not Equity, this is debt that we owe him and someone else would have to pay if we get taken over.

image.png.05907cce1397dbf87392e41c1c343ed6.png

We are obligated to pay £77M over the next 30 years to play at Hillsborough.

image.png.1bdf823691039c0c715e52d405c93bcf.png

What did we get a points deduction for? Was it for lying about the timing of the sale. Forgive me but now 2018 Accounts have been restated, doesn't this take us over our FFP limit for the three seasons and therefore liable for another points deduction?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Isn't the 3 year cycle a £39 million loss so surely we are safe from that

We will probably lose 39 million this season. But all clubs will be in the same boat. So I guess this season will be scrapped for FFP.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I genuinely don't believe that those who still support and defend Chansiri's running of the club understand what's happened and how he's come in, smashed the prices up, and then now (nothing to do with Covid) we're basically insolvent and on the very edge of not existing

I’m not sure if you’re being purposely disingenuous, but we have been balance sheet insolvent for the last 20 odd years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I genuinely don't believe that those who still support and defend Chansiri's running of the club understand what's happened and how he's come in, smashed the prices up, and then now (nothing to do with Covid) we're basically insolvent and on the very edge of not existing

Are there really any of those people left except for members of his family and members of his staff who have no say of their own in these matters. Sorry SWFC press and communications guys, yes, that was another dig at you, your silenced tongues and your unplugged keyboards.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Probably more than £1.5m.

Match day and Associate Revenues includes TV Money and Central Distributions. All Championship clubs received about £1m more in 18/19 than they did in 17/18. So we're probably down £2.5m in matchday revenue.

I'd estimate our match day income is £8m, TV/Central Distributions £8.6m and all other commercial ie sponsorship,retail,catering and corporate £6.1m

Relegation to League 1 will hit us like a brick financially. We must avoid it, basically at all cost.

Thanks.

That's on 23.8k average attendance.  I can't imagine what League One will be like if we get relegated.

8 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

The three year cycle is cumulative to the best of my knowledge. We lost £35.486M in ONE year, never mind three years.

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Are there really any of those people left except for members of his family and members of his staff who have no say of their own in these matters. Sorry SWFC press and communications guys, yes, that was another dig at you, your silenced tongues and your unplugged keyboards.

37 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Pleasantly surprised 

36 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

We are going to have a right war chest to get out of league one and back to the prem

This guy seems pretty happy with it

6 minutes ago, Skyline said:

At least next season, when we have no players, our wage bill will be much less.

Every cloud... 

But we'll still find a way to pay nobody £25m a year on wages.

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

The adjusted losses for 16/17 & 17/18 were £50m.

The adjusted profit for these accounts, after things like infrastructure/youth football etc have been removed will be around £22m.

So for that 3 year accounting period, we're within the £39m upper limits by £11m. Also, the £22m adjusted profit is a massive allie for us going forward for 19/20 / 20/21 submissions.

Our cloth is cut is well and truly cut now though. £35-45m wage bills will be a distance memory of unhappier times. The whole footballing ethos of the club will have to chance.

1 minute ago, owl_83 said:

The three year cycle is cumulative to the best of my knowledge. We lost £35.486M in ONE year, never mind three years.

If we’ve been punished for that year then we can’t be hit with that again. I don’t think so anyway?! That would’ve been beyond the 3 years I think