Breaking - Sheffield Wednesday Accounts Published

1 minute ago, ReginaldD said:

I'm by no means in the Dejphon fan club. He's made lots of mistakes (wouldn't do him any harm to admit such to the fans and if anything I think fans would appreciate it). 

But given we're basically now dependent on his funding to keep us solvent don't we need a constructive relationship with the club as fans rather than an aggressive CHANSIRI OUT approach. Or does everyone feel we've tried to be constructive and it hasn't been heard. 

Haven't we always been dependent on him, suspect the same for 90% of football clubs. How many actually make a profit?

I've no sympathy for Chansiri, wasted his money and zero confidence whatever he spends in the future won't be similarly wasted. 

Done my bit, bought overpriced tickets and merchandise. My conscience is clear. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Can we buy the ground back for £18.9m now?

Yep, the depreciation as a result of the Covid restrictions would definitely mean that the new owner of the stadium would have earned very little over the last 12 months and be more than willing to let it go for a snip.

I love accounting it is like playing with plasticine, you can make pretty much make anything you like out of it, but after molding it and mixing it and molding it again, it still ends up the looking like a piece of freshly laid poo! 

lol

Surely if the money actually changed hands for the stadium, we could have spent in the summer, or January and avoided all this mess we are in now?

Guest Mcguigan
6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Matchday receipts down by about £1.5m, eroding the argument that high prices and poo football bring about increased revenue.  

Probably more than £1.5m.

Match day and Associate Revenues includes TV Money and Central Distributions. All Championship clubs received about £1m more in 18/19 than they did in 17/18. So we're probably down £2.5m in matchday revenue.

I'd estimate our match day income is £8m, TV/Central Distributions £8.6m and all other commercial ie sponsorship,retail,catering and corporate £6.1m

Relegation to League 1 will hit us like a brick financially. We must avoid it, basically at all cost.

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Pretty standard for some  EPL clubs

The mad ones yeah

Championship clubs generated record combined revenues of £785m in 2018/19, a 5% increase from 2017/18

The wages/revenue ratio of English Championship clubs increased to a record 107%, highlighting the rising level of financial risk that Championship clubs are willing to take in order to chase promotion to the Premier League;

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

Probably more than £1.5m.

Match day and Associate Revenues includes TV Money and Central Distributions. All Championship clubs received about £1m more in 18/19 than they did in 17/18. So we're probably down £2.5m in matchday revenue.

I'd estimate our match day income is £8m, TV/Central Distributions £8.6m and all other commercial ie sponsorship,retail,catering and corporate £6.1m

Relegation to League 1 will hit us like a brick financially. We must avoid it, basically at all cost.

Maybe we should do what Arsenal did way back and offer one of the clubs winning promotion a chunk of money to swap places.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The mad ones yeah

Championship clubs generated record combined revenues of £785m in 2018/19, a 5% increase from 2017/18

The wages/revenue ratio of English Championship clubs increased to a record 107%, highlighting the rising level of financial risk that Championship clubs are willing to take in order to chase promotion to the Premier League;

Chasing the EPL dream. Simon Jordan commented on it a couple of weeks ago on talksport like he said for some like Wolves it worked.

The fact we are balance sheet insolvent isn't news. We know our assets are not equal or greater than our liabilities. 

The going concern note is normal in that regard. As is the 12 months duration stated within it, and it not being legally binding. 

That's not to say this is good, or even fine, it isn't, it's just what is normal when you have been mismanaged into the poo like we have been. 

What I'm saying is its really bad, but we already knew it. 

Just now, whatevertrevor said:

The fact we are balance sheet insolvent isn't news. We know our assets are not equal or greater than our liabilities. 

The going concern note is normal in that regard. As is the 12 months duration stated within it, and it not being legally binding. 

That's not to say this is good, or even fine, it isn't, it's just what is normal when you have been mismanaged into the poo like we have been. 

What I'm saying is its really bad, but we already knew it. 

I genuinely don't believe that those who still support and defend Chansiri's running of the club understand what's happened and how he's come in, smashed the prices up, and then now (nothing to do with Covid) we're basically insolvent and on the very edge of not existing

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Maybe we should do what Arsenal did way back and offer one of the clubs winning promotion a chunk of money to swap places.

We need to do something because in Lg1, ticket income will drop again, the TV/Central Distributions will dissapear and our other commercial will be depndnet on what DC can realistically put in fair market value.

We could be down to turnover of just £10-12m.