Breaking - Sheffield Wednesday Accounts Published

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 16.33.42.jpg

Just playing Devils advocaar for a minute....I cant image many owners/directors of a company that has barely received any income in the last 12 months to commit to continue to plug the financial hole indefinitely?

Edited by Gbear1867
  • Like 1

Its about where anyone looking out thought it might be. Underlying losses are still over where we should be, caused by the mad spending in 2016 and the ongoing amortisation, but the trend on spending will take us in line with the rules. 

Normally an overall £15/16m loss in the Championship is sustainable - mad but sustainable - if an owner will write the cheque. We would have been well under that this year if Covid hadn't hit.

The terrible running of the club and team management means that we are left with a crap team with that money (and the Chansiri legacy of 6 fewer points) .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Club is balance sheet insolvent so accounts include expected going concern note.

I wonder what those who have supported and still support Chansiri are going to say now?

Just shows to me we're fecked with or without

The General

• Like 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 16.33.42.jpg

I'm by no means in the Dejphon fan club. He's made lots of mistakes (wouldn't do him any harm to admit such to the fans and if anything I think fans would appreciate it). 

But given we're basically now dependent on his funding to keep us solvent don't we need a constructive relationship with the club as fans rather than an aggressive CHANSIRI OUT approach. Or does everyone feel we've tried to be constructive and it hasn't been heard. 

• Haha 2

Well I have been (jokingly) saying for a while that our accounts are going to be in profit, and here we are.

We just have to keep moving the Hillsborough date every year and boom.  We are both profitable and sustainable.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gbear1867 said:

Just playing Devils advocaar for a minute....I cant image many owners/directors of a company that has barely received any income in the last 12 months to commit to continue to plug the financial hole indefinitely?

Let's see - I've not seen any other clubs go out of business yet

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, ReginaldD said:

But given we're basically now dependent on his funding to keep us solvent don't we need a constructive relationship with the club as fans rather than an aggressive CHANSIRI OUT approach. Or does everyone feel we've tried to be constructive and it hasn't been heard. 

I think the best answer to this is the thread on the supporter engagement forum that was just held

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Club is balance sheet insolvent so accounts include expected going concern note.

I wonder what those who have supported and still support Chansiri are going to say now?

Nothing new here mate.

Not apologising for Chansiri's poor running of the club but the majority of the Championship are insolvent on the balance sheet and have this clause inserted. 

The second test is that the owners are able to pay.

Covid makes that a bigger worry

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For every £1 the club brought in Chansiri spent £1.60 just on player wages 

Think about that for a second

For every tenner you gave to him he spent £16 on player wages

Think about that for a second

For every £100 you put into the club he spent £160 on player wages

Crikey

How does that compare to everybody else? 

Highest season tickets in the league, paying 160% of revenue has gotten us to second bottom and lost 6 in a row. 

• Like 2