Breaking - Sheffield Wednesday Accounts Published

Average wage bill was £25000 a week according to the accounts. 

Unless Chansiri gets that down to around £5k a week when we are in league 1 next season we will be in serious financial trouble again and be definitely breaking fair play league rules again. 

Not that Chansiri could care less about these rules. 

This problem isn't helped by giving Bannan yet another lucrative contact. I don't expect him to have been given a pay cut. So his £30k (as a minimum) weekly wage will actually be more than just about every other teams wage bill for their entire team. 

Average wage for league 1 is between £1.7k and £2.5k a week. 

With such dreadful money management is it any wonder that Chansiri has got the club into so much trouble. 

Not that he cares!! 

• Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Strangely no recognition of the debt that required the charge on the ground...

Nor, unusually, name of valuers of stadium .

And while I can see sale income, cant see rent costs we have pay at £3 million annually.

Am i missing something?

Guest Hornsby
22 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Surely it only means that their paper valuation takes a hit, which is academic as they have the lease agreement for us to pay back the £77 odd million, so their business model is unchanged. They won't actually make a £29m loss, they just overpaid for the stadium if this is the case

It's just the same as leasing a diesel car just before they are outlawed and drop in value. The car is worth less, but they still get the monthly lease payment. The only issue is when they want to dispose of the asdet

No , the stadium valuation takes a hit as that is a massive material consideration if listed as community asset by Council.

Have a look at pubcos where boozer closed and local Council list to stop development. All take write offs reflected in annual accounts.

And unless club negligent, that commercial lease should have 5 year tenant only break clause meaning we can vacate if we want in 2024.

Sheffield 3 is dead if Trust successful. All Owls Community  should all support their community  application

Guest Hornsby
19 hours ago, Animis said:

If you have a Land Registry account, it should be on there as it's a lease over 7yrs.

I tried on line but only title deeds etc available to joe public.

If you have account and download, happy to refund fee and I would paste on here for all to read.

12 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Strangely no recognition of the debt that required the charge on the ground...

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Nor, unusually, name of valuers of stadium .

And while I can see sale income, cant see rent costs we have pay at £3 million annually.

Am i missing something?

Unfortunately the ground is no longer owned by the club.  The information you require will be in the accounts of Sheffield 3. If any have been published.

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Unfortunately the ground is no longer owned by the club.  The information you require will be in the accounts of Sheffield 3. If any have been published.

Both rental cost and valuers details should be in our accounts.

Gotta feeling some kid doing his O level in Maths.

10 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Are you sure.

The debt as it was explained by Chanairi was a debt of SWFC discovered sometime after the takeover  although for some reason not disclosed at the time and still not recognised in the the accounts of SWFC. There was no charge on the ground whilst it was owned by SWFC but we are led to believe that inexplicably Chansiri has now accepted a charge against the asset of Sheffield 3 that wasn’t given whilst the ground was an asset of SWFC to cover a debt of SWFC which remains unrecognised in the accounts of SWFC.

All of this is much more strange and complicated than what would have been (wrongly) assumed, which is that it is a new loan taken out by Sheffield 3 secured against the asset of Sheffield 3.

• Love 1

On 10/03/2021 at 13:56, Anus said:

Right, clearly I'm not reading 24 page's...so I'm guessing the accounts are out and demonstrate a solid financial bedrock for our future then? 👍

"It's difficult to say. You see, football is not like a normal business, so it's impossible for a football team to plan anything in light of the annual fluctuations that occur at the top and bottom of each respective table (which you understandably may be unfamiliar with, as football is quite complex, see). Football just isn't like a normal business, you know?"

:Chansiri: