Next season's ticket prices and pay on the gate prices

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sounds good to me

No chance unless we don't sell many more season tickets .....I'd love to know how many fans have asked for and got a refund 

19 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Surely when you pay in advance for your ST you’re hedging your position. Your accepting the price in the knowledge that it won’t go up if we’re successful. At the same time you have to know the reverse is true. We go down, you’ve overpaid, potentially. 

New ticket prices have to reflect the league we are in and the quality of football on offer. Therefore in order to sell any you’d have to guess they would need to reduce in price considerably. 

You have no right to a refund if you already bought, that’s wanting your cake and eat it territory.

As to what DC will actually do, we’ll that’s anyone's guess because he’s quite capable of raising prices.....

Technically yes BUT

Amazon could make it difficult for me to send stuff back if it was't right or I didn't want it

They do the opposite

You can order off Amazon knowing full well that you can just hit the 'refund' button and they'll say 'no problem! send it back and we'll give you a full refund!'

No argument

It builds trust and faith

That's why I order from them every day and why I'm so skint

Now if the club had the trust of the fans and had a page on the website where you put your details in, click 'refund' and they said 'No problem! your request is being processed and funds will be back in your bank tomorrow' you'd have so much goodwill for the club that you'd never hesitate to buy anything from them again

We're now coming up to a period where we are potentially going to be trying to sell season tickets to people who haven't had a refund for a season ticket that they asked for last June - 9 months ago

Now ask yourself - is there trust and goodwill there in this situation?

I'd say no

When you lose trust you lose 'customers' and you lose sales of tickets, merch, food, drink, event tickets, sponsorships, ball boys, exec box corporates etc etc 

So yeah technically the club's season ticket holders took a gamble - but if the club wants to retain it's fans, it needs to exhibit goodwill and demonstrate that you can TRUST your club when you need to.

TRUST and GOODWILL are going to be two words that become ever so important in the coming months/year 

The club has serious work to do on that score

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

19 hours ago, vulva said:

I’ve prepaid £650 for a ticket. Do you just want to rock up in the nice weather and pay £18 when you fancy it, and when it’s not on the box. 

You should be entitled to a refund if you've paid for a season ticket for the Championship and instead get a season ticket for League One.  It's an absolute clear breach of Consumer Law in this country.  You are not receiving what was described when purchased, you would get your money back the minute SWFC got the summons letter from the court. 

If you've been ripped off, then it shouldn't mean everyone else gets ripped off to make it fair.    Fairness would be to stop you and fans like you getting ripped off.

Wednesday need fans back, and if some ST holders think we need to keep prices higher to maintain the illusion of fairness in the pricing, while we actively price out floating fans from attending, then I don't think you've thought it through the long term implications for Wednesday.  

• Like 5

Wednesday are going to have to offer refunds or some sort of deal for early bird season ticket holders.

Maybe free cup games or 50% off season ticket for season after.

The reduce POTG prices to sensible levels.

£25 per game on the side and £20 on the Kop. Still too high but more realistic.

19 hours ago, vulva said:

Not sure how season tickets can be cheaper when we’ve got c 15,000 that have already paid top $ for next season. 

Most of the North Stand regulate around me were holding back from renewing when the early bird offer was made last year. I don’t believe anywhere 15,000 were sold. We were under the threat of a massive points deduction and most of us  were canny enough to hold back until we knew which league we would be playing in.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Right mess in it ....all the other clubs that get relegated will be in the same position ....be interesting to see what they do  .

Won’t most of them have already refunded this years season ticket money so they won’t have this issue?

36 minutes ago, Manwë said:

You should be entitled to a refund if you've paid for a season ticket for the Championship and instead get a season ticket for League One.  It's an absolute clear breach of Consumer Law in this country.  You are not receiving what was described when purchased, you would get your money back the minute SWFC got the summons letter from the court. 

If you've been ripped off, then it shouldn't mean everyone else gets ripped off to make it fair.    Fairness would be to stop you and fans like you getting ripped off.

Wednesday need fans back, and if some ST holders think we need to keep prices higher to maintain the illusion of fairness in the pricing, while we actively price out floating fans from attending, then I don't think you've thought it through the long term implications for Wednesday.  

I don’t want a refund. I bought the season ticket knowing full well we might be in a lower league. That’s the same for every season ticket bought. I’m not hiding behind consumer law on that one, as it’s not relevant. 

My point is that it would be unfair for POTG fans to be charged considerably less. 

The long term implications for that are that many wouldn’t bother buying a season ticket in the future. Which is a bigger risk than penalizing those, that for whatever reason, can’t attend every week. 

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

I don’t want a refund. I bought the season ticket knowing full well we might be in a lower league. That’s the same for every season ticket bought. I’m not hiding behind consumer law on that one, as it’s not relevant. 

My point is that it would be unfair for POTG fans to be charged considerably less. 

The long term implications for that are that many wouldn’t bother buying a season ticket in the future. Which is a bigger risk than penalizing those, that for whatever reason, can’t attend every week. 

No offence intended, but I don't understand your logic.  You are not after a refund, that's fine.  You only want to make sure that POTG fans don't pay less for League One footy despite it being a lower standard  while others have paid  Championship prices and are choosing not to seek a refund?

Where is the logic in this?   

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

No offence intended, but I don't understand your logic.  You are not after a refund, that's fine.  You only want to make sure that POTG fans don't pay less for League One footy despite it being a lower standard  while others have paid  Championship prices and are choosing not to seek a refund?

Where is the logic in this?   

My logic is simple. Why should tickets bought now be less than those bought 12 months ago. I know football as a business is flawed, but this is commercial suicide. Forget the league we are in, that’s irrelevant. It boils down to simple economics, the loyalty of your most valuable customer and commonsense. 

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

My logic is simple. Why should tickets bought now be less than those bought 12 months ago. 

The value hasn't changed one tiny bit - you're getting the same matches at the same discounted price that you were sold at - the price hasn't gone up at all

You buy season tickets for many reasons including securing your seat etc
You're sounding like you only buy a season ticket to spite other fans - that's just..... strange

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Why should tickets bought now be less than those bought 12 months ago.

Because of the quality of product and service on offer.  

I understand your logic now though, thanks.

Seems to me DC charged champagne prices so we could have a real go at getting promoted.

By the same measure prices ought to be reduced. POTG got to be £20 tops IMO. 

ST holders ought to get free tickets to cup competitions (which in L1 includes EFL trophy with top  U21 teams in)  IMO.

It would be a gesture though of course in EFL cup proper and FA cup we might not get a home draw as was the case this season.

I bought a two year season ticket at the start of the 19/20 season, one for me and one for the lad.

After Covid struck he exchanged what he had left for Ifollow, I asked for a cash refund (which still hasn't arrived).

This season we've paid separately for Ifollow so we have two intact season tickets. I'm expecting to use them 'rolled over' next season 21/22.

Buying a two year ticket is a gamble as to which league you are in, as it was previously for the three year ticket. I like the long term offers because I'll be going anyway and it fixes the prices.

Now for me the benefit of the season ticket us securing my seat as well as financial advantage as well as points towards hard to get tickets.

For next season I'd be very happy to see POTG prices be the same as the average price per game of a full price season ticket.

I guess that will be between about £20 for kop to about £27 for South Stand?

• Like 1