Next season's ticket prices and pay on the gate prices

Just now, Manwë said:

Because of the quality of product and service on offer.  

I understand your logic now though, thanks.

No problem. At least we can have a grown up conversation and debate. Unlike some others. 

The club are in a really difficult position. They can’t win either way with this one. 

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

I bought a two year season ticket at the start of the 19/20 season, one for me and one for the lad.

After Covid struck he exchanged what he had left for Ifollow, I asked for a cash refund (which still hasn't arrived).

This season we've paid separately for Ifollow so we have two intact season tickets. I'm expecting to use them 'rolled over' next season 21/22.

Buying a two year ticket is a gamble as to which league you are in, as it was previously for the three year ticket. I like the long term offers because I'll be going anyway and it fixes the prices.

Now for me the benefit of the season ticket us securing my seat as well as financial advantage as well as points towards hard to get tickets.

For next season I'd be very happy to see POTG prices be the same as the average price per game of a full price season ticket.

I guess that will be between about £20 for kop to about £27 for South Stand?

To clarify, full price means not Early Bird, should of course still have concessions.

Guest Hornsby
7 minutes ago, OxOwl said:

Pay on the gate should be no more than 24  on south or north 20 quid  Kop  any match.

Any league 

And £15 west Stand upper, encourage better atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

And £15 west Stand upper, encourage better atmosphere.

Id seriously close that stand down.put away fans in corner of south possibly. 

Save dosh. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vulva said:

No problem. At least we can have a grown up conversation and debate. Unlike some others. 

The club are in a really difficult position. They can’t win either way with this one. 

They can

Leave the season tickets as they are - fantastic value (Daveyboy's season ticket means he gets matches for £18.40 each)

Then charge POTG fans £20 a match which is a positive price, an exciting price and still more than season ticket holders pay - therefore the spiteful season ticket holders can't grumble

Sorted

Everyone happy

99.99999% of season ticket holders would be delighted with this as it's an exciting positive move to get as many fans back and in Hillsborough to hopefully give us the motivations from a packed Wednesday ground to help us get promoted and out of the awful Division One

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They can

Leave the season tickets as they are - fantastic value (Daveyboy's season ticket means he gets matches for £18.40 each)

Then charge POTG fans £20 a match which is a positive price, an exciting price and still more than season ticket holders pay - therefore the spiteful season ticket holders can't grumble

Sorted

Everyone happy

99.99999% of season ticket holders would be delighted with this as it's an exciting positive move to get as many fans back and in Hillsborough to hopefully give us the motivations from a packed Wednesday ground to help us get promoted and out of the awful Division One

The one I currently have for next season equates to £24.13 per game.

Guest wilyfox

Only Wednesday fans would pay £500 to vent their anger at Chansiri. He’ll probably accept with a smile.

Just to add clarity, Early Bird Adult ST price for 2020/21 on the Kop was £455, that averages at £19.78 per game for 23 games, I believe the club made some sort of statement effectively stating there would be no cash refunds for 2020/21 Season tickets around the time they offered the refund options for 2019/20 season tickets. Without wanting to sound too negative, the reality is the club has upset a lot of it's most loyal supporters and that many 'pay on the day' fans had already given up due to poor performance levels, hopefully the club realises and acts accordingly in the future to address what I believe will see a considerable drop in attendances in the short term and that is without including the inevitable downturn due to the pandemic which will probably affect all other clubs too.

Season tickets will be a massive turn off for most now so there needs to be some pricing creativity to attract fans back on a match by match basis IMHO !

• Love 1

If we retain our championship status then the season tickets as well as the match prices will stay the same.

If /probably when we are in league one they will be a massive discount of

50p Off the match program......

Ticket prices remain the same

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They can

Sorted

Everyone happy

Why spiteful? You make things up. Do you get bored trying to spin things to fit your own agenda and story. It’s tedious. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Why spiteful? You make things up. Do you get bored trying to spin things to fit your own agenda and story. It’s tedious. 

'agenda'

lol

Don't get personal - there's no need

Explain - if a season ticket holder is happy paying the price for the season ticket that he's paid for then why would they care what a POTG fan pays?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

'agenda'

lol

Don't get personal - there's no need

Explain - if a season ticket holder is happy paying the price for the season ticket that he's paid for then why would they care what a POTG fan pays?

May I suggest that's just human nature, not spite in most cases, most of us feel a bit aggrieved if someone is getting a better deal than ourselves regardless of it being a season ticket or anything else we pay for, but some may be more upset about it than others, while at the same time some may not care.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlsMan1961 said:

May I suggest that's just human nature, not spite in most cases, most of us feel a bit aggrieved if someone is getting a better deal than ourselves regardless of it being a season ticket or anything else we pay for, but some may be more upset about it than others, while at the same time some may not care.

True

They'd not be getting a better deal though

If you're paying £18.40 a match, and pay on the gate are paying £20 and you have a problem with that as a season ticket holder then that's just pure jealousy/spite

Especially if the club needs as many fans back and in the ground as possible to try and get out of this League One situation

That's my view anyway

I could be wrong

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

True

They'd not be getting a better deal though

If you're paying £18.40 a match, and pay on the gate are paying £20 and you have a problem with that as a season ticket holder then that's just pure jealousy/spite

Especially if the club needs as many fans back and in the ground as possible to try and get out of this League One situation

That's my view anyway

I could be wrong

I could be wrong but most season tickets work out at more than £18.40 per match, as I stated earlier my early bird kop ticket was £455 which equates to £ 19.78 per match over 23 games, it will be more than that for North and South Stand season tickets of course.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I don’t want a refund. I bought the season ticket knowing full well we might be in a lower league. That’s the same for every season ticket bought. I’m not hiding behind consumer law on that one, as it’s not relevant. 

My point is that it would be unfair for POTG fans to be charged considerably less. 

The long term implications for that are that many wouldn’t bother buying a season ticket in the future. Which is a bigger risk than penalizing those, that for whatever reason, can’t attend every week. 

Well if the potg tickets are cheaper then all the numpty has to do is refund season ticket holders the difference , easy .....it won't happen though !

6 minutes ago, OwlsMan1961 said:

I could be wrong but most season tickets work out at more than £18.40 per match, as I stated earlier my early bird kop ticket was £455 which equates to £ 19.78 per match over 23 games, it will be more than that for North and South Stand season tickets of course.

Yeah true

In that case just keep them as they are and charge the POTG a tiny little bit more % wise 

Owlstalk Shop