Managers

4 minutes ago, Maxowl1985 said:

Just sat here wondering why different managers have come in and more or less kept similar starting 11's and think these players are suddenly going to perform and get results, I'm puzzled 

Spot on, can't blame monk, pulis or any recent manager, the squad is not workable. 

The manager doesn't matter in our current situation.  We have a group of players who are either not good enough, not motivated enough or who are leaving at the end of the season.  Some players are all three of those things.  This season is all about hoping we somehow manage to scrape enough points to stay up, and that there are three worse teams.  

Guest LondonOwl313

Tbh I hate the formation and all the chopping and changing. When we used to play 4-4-2 everyone complained about it but we used to win quite often. Since we started going only 1 up front it’s not worked and we’ve switched between 3 and 4 at the back too much.

I’d go with:

Wildsmith

Palmer

Lees

Hutchinson

Penney

Harris

Shaw

Bannan

Reach

Windass

Rhodes

Wildsmith and Penney are crap but we have no other left backs and Westwood out. The rest are players playing in their correct positions. I don’t think we’d lose 6 in a row playing that... and I can’t understand why Rhodes can’t get a game when the rest are garbage. He’s just started scoring yet he still can’t get picked, just odd 

18 minutes ago, Maxowl1985 said:

Just sat here wondering why different managers have come in and more or less kept similar starting 11's and think these players are suddenly going to perform and get results, I'm puzzled 

Because managers believe the situation at Wednesday is like any other where the basic skill level doesn’t change and players just lose the way with the message from the former manager/coach

they are a set of individuals who vast majority are out of contract and can’t do the basics right

earn a nice wage per week and seemingly are so mentally battered that they can’t summon the willpower to overcome relegation, haven’t won a game when concede first 

Play any formation with this lot - if you can’t do the basics then the writing is on the wall

I'm not having a dig at Moore, but what I was asking is why does he think these players are suddenly good enough, our midfield doesn't score, our striker isn't prolific and in my opinion needs a strke partner to benefit from his hard work. 

Do we not have any attacking youngsters to step up? 

2 minutes ago, Maxowl1985 said:

I'm not having a dig at Moore, but what I was asking is why does he think these players are suddenly good enough, our midfield doesn't score, our striker isn't prolific and in my opinion needs a strke partner to benefit from his hard work. 

Do we not have any attacking youngsters to step up? 

No

4 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Because managers believe the situation at Wednesday is like any other where the basic skill level doesn’t change and players just lose the way with the message from the former manager/coach

they are a set of individuals who vast majority are out of contract and can’t do the basics right

earn a nice wage per week and seemingly are so mentally battered that they can’t summon the willpower to overcome relegation, haven’t won a game when concede first 

Play any formation with this lot - if you can’t do the basics then the writing is on the 

I agree at what point do we give youngsters a chance? 

Olise is 19 and seems to be ever present for Reading 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, markowl said:

Who, that isn't being picked, would you suggest getting a starting spot?

I would start, I know at times he looks lazy defensively, he has real quality going forward, with 2 dm's behind him he would thrive.

The u18's and 23's was successful a couple of years ago. What happened to these players? This squad has stagnated and the few signings we've made aren't better than the stagnated bunch we have