Darren Moore - how he became our manager over the weekend

11 minutes ago, Owlbashthi said:

Christ, 24 hrs ago there was no manager from graves Park to old Trafford gona take this job, now we've got a 46 year well thought of manager in, let's just give him a day or two. 

Doncaster is the other direction though or does he live out that way?

Well klopp lost 3 games in a row but I don't think anyone would turn their nose up at him if he came here, let's give him a chance because I will, another thing is that he lost a few of his better players in January and every team have a slump so lets give the man a chance, hes a good manager and I will support him as long as hes our manager 

• Like 1

Couple of things here, first thanks Neil for adding the initial clip. Obviously wish Moore well, its late in the day but another new manager bounce is what we need and the law of averages says that at some point we do hire a manager who has some success, hopefully this is the one.

• Love 1

Just now, eightbelow said:

Couple of things here, first thanks Neil for adding the initial clip. Obviously wish Moore well, its late in the day but another new manager bounce is what we need and the law of averages says that at some point we do hire a manager who has some success, hopefully this is the one.

Fingers crossed!

Owlstalk Shop

I saw that they had lost the last four out of five and thought.... Oh but the Donny fans said on FH he'd brought in 7 loanies young lads from higher up and that the bad run had let teams catch up.... So they must have been in a good position before that and he's been trying to blood the young lads in to the team.... By the looks.... Plus according to this thread he was on his way out before the game on Saturday so if players had an idea it probably effected them it's a small run club and those players came to play for him. So who knows if in time they would have kicked on.

1978958056_DazMoore007.png.c4334bea39c7a34e26e4e897c3382b28.pngWell I got excited to hear Daz's appointment. Could be the breath of fresh air we need.

So it could be..

'Moore, Darren Moore...license for skill'

or

Moore, Darren Moore, get'ti off license

hope for the former....

But when can we start with the Moore quotes?

Sod it i'm going for it...

Has he drank vodka martini with Roger?

Does he star gaze with Patrick?

Has he been in a documentary with Michael?

Has he told Demi that he's seen a ghost?

Can't think of any Moore.....see what I did..yeah...yep....omg im so hungry right now...oy! wifey, egg sandwich please!

wowow cant repeat what she just said.

1 hour ago, Eggy Bread said:

1978958056_DazMoore007.png.c4334bea39c7a34e26e4e897c3382b28.pngWell I got excited to hear Daz's appointment. Could be the breath of fresh air we need.

So it could be..

or

hope for the former....

Can't think of any Moore.....see what I did..yeah...yep....omg im so hungry right now...oy! wifey, egg sandwich please!

I like, Eggy Bread.  🙂

In my own opinion, the worse managers Chansiri appointed of late, are
Jos Luhukay and Garry Monk.

I'm going to give this  Darren Moore a chance, for now.  But make no mistake, everyone:  I WILL be watching him, like everyone else here, will be.

I'll also hope, that Darren Moore will find enough money. to buy 2 - 3 decent players.  Which may take time, unfortunately.  😞

Guest Mcguigan
6 hours ago, Eggy Bread said:

So it could be..

or

hope for the former....

Bet you’re a laugh at parties.

21 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I heard it was when Chansiri suddenly woke up in his sleep

In the midnight hour, he cried Moore, Moore, Moore
With a rebel yell he cried Moore, Moore, Moore
In the midnight hour babe Moore, Moore, Moore
With a rebel yell Moore, Moore, Moore
Moore, Moore, Moore!

I think DC is more of a Dean Martin fan than Billy Idol. 
After a night out in Bangkok, he woke up singing the lyrics of one of the old crooners famous songs……

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's aMooré
(That's aMooré)

When the world seems to shine like
You've had too much wine, that's aMooré
(That's aMooré)

I can just hear the Kop going all sophisticated and including that in their repertoire.

Wonder if we will play tippy-tappy-tay under AMooré

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I heard it was when Chansiri suddenly woke up in his sleep

In the midnight hour, he cried Moore, Moore, Moore
With a rebel yell he cried Moore, Moore, Moore
In the midnight hour babe Moore, Moore, Moore
With a rebel yell Moore, Moore, Moore
Moore, Moore, Moore!

"How do you like it, how do you like it, moore, moore, moore, how do you like it".

With,

Pans People doing their stuff. 

Hmmm lovely. 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2021 at 10:26, Ibbo48 said:

You couldn’t make it up , could you ?

There’s nothing in that guys managerial record that says he’s what we need at this time

I’m still getting people reacting to this post I made yesterday morning when the news broke.

Let me make it clear that, like every single manager that’s been appointed,

I’m behind him and he has my total support.

All I could remember about him was that he took over at West Brom at some point and he was currently with Doncaster..

My abiding memory of his West Brom tenure was seeing him looking vacant on the touch line when they lost a couple of matches on tv and thinking he didn’t look like he knew what to do.

I knew he’d been doing well at Doncaster but he’d hit the buffers there.

So, basically , I still don’t see anything there that says he’s capable of managing  a side sliding into relegation and totally devoid of confidence.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

I’m still getting people reacting to this post I made yesterday morning when the news broke.

Let me make it clear that, like every single manager that’s been appointed,

I’m behind him and he has my total support.

All I could remember about him was that he took over at West Brom at some point and he was currently with Doncaster..

My abiding memory of his West Brom tenure was seeing him looking vacant on the touch line when they lost a couple of matches on tv and thinking he didn’t look like he knew what to do.

I knew he’d been doing well at Doncaster but he’d hit the buffers there.

So, basically , I still don’t see anything there that says he’s capable of managing  a side sliding into relegation and totally devoid of confidence.

Lot of sense there, the question is who could or would be the right man? I am lost when it comes to this question.

On 02/03/2021 at 07:01, Mcguigan said:

Bet you’re a laugh at parties.

Omg! There's parties going on where?

Tbh, I need to treat my club with humour otherwise I might  start watching Downtown Abbey (yes it's a Scouse spin off). Management constantly letting us down. I hope Daz does well but I get bored of the same generic 'philosophy' 'my vision' spiel that drones out from their media censored orifices, while at the same time employing 20 staff to cater for these charlatan players on exorbitant salaries while the rest of us struggle to make ends meet cos of coffvid. 

I saw an add the other day for a data analyst job for the academy of a prem club. £30-35k.  Haha, academy coaches who are meant to develop footballers for the future £10 ph 😫 6 hrs a week. So their willing to pay an IT nerd considerably more to analyse an underpaid workers coaching of kids. dog turd. That's what's going on....

...... mismanagement.

I'm not sure why I don't get invited to parties anymore⛄

On 02/03/2021 at 02:48, Bannerman65 said:

I'll also hope, that Darren Moore will find enough money. to buy 2 - 3 decent players.  Which may take time, unfortunately.  😞

Well with a bit of luck he might find Carlos's twenty pound note scrunched up down the back of the settee at the training ground.

That ought to double our budget for a left back and a centre forward in the summer. 

On 01/03/2021 at 20:50, offalyowl said:

Well klopp lost 3 games in a row but I don't think anyone would turn their nose up at him if he came here, let's give him a chance because I will, another thing is that he lost a few of his better players in January and every team have a slump so lets give the man a chance, hes a good manager and I will support him as long as hes our manager 

Oh, I'm sure there would be some people:

"He doesn't know the league"

"Playing out from the back.... with our players"

"He hasn't got experience of saving teams with a points deduction"

"Look at the last manager we got from Germany"

"On a terrible run of form - been found out"

"Teeth too shiny... could have got Marco Matias in for less if that was the criteria"