Overreaction

55 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

It was a 6 pointer, it ain’t going to be pretty. We gave it a good go and were the better team until the red card. The clubs a mess, yes, but today’s result/performance isn’t the end of the world. 

I agree with some of this, just not the bits about giving it a good go and being the better team until the red card.  We were terrible from start to finish in keeping with most performances this season and are absolute certainties to go down.  Things are so bad that I’m pretty sure the EFL could give us the other 6 points back and we would still go down.  

I don’t think tonight has seen an overreaction at all, just disappointment and frustration from people who care about how far the club has fallen.  Things will get worse (probably starting at Brentford on Wednesday night) and one of the saddest things will be when defeats like today get no reaction at all because people have lost belief or just can’t be bothered any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

No over reaction to today’s result. We were just ok for the 15/20 minutes and then we were terrible prior and after the sending off. It was a big game against a relegation rival and we failed to turn up. Tactics and shape was poor and we messed it up. We aren’t down but we’ve made things much more difficult now which is disappointing. 

Good point, we had the 1st twenty, then Brum dominated the rest of the 1st half.

A few 'we would have won with eleven'  comments don't reflect what was happening on the pitch, prior to the sending off.

• Like 4

Just now, zzmdu said:

Good point, we had the 1st twenty, then Brum dominated the rest of the 1st half.

A few 'we would have won with eleven'  comments don't reflect what was happening on the pitch, prior to the sending off.

I have to agree with this

I was watching head tennis in the centre circle for hours at a time and then when we did get the ball on the ground we booted it so far up the pitch it went to their keeper or out for a goal kick

Was a terrible performance

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If anything I expected a much wilder backlash than we've seen  on here tonight

If anything it's been quite calm with just the odd bizarre post/troll but nobody apoplectic like I expected

I think people have been reasonable

Apart from the ones blaming Lee Bullen etc

Fans have become resigned to our fate in the main. No longer any point in being apoplectic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrsHall said:

What level of reaction is appropriate. Please tell me. UTO.

To look at the table, matches to be played 16, points to be won 48, and to realise we could easily avoid relegation !

Hopefully Thompson will grasp that Rhodes should be on the pitch then we might score another goal some time soon!

• Like 3

our team evolves around hasbeen's and wannabees, add to that a chairman who knows nothing football wise , a manager who is way out of his depth  players that can't even take corners that work , and the best striker we have sitting on the bench ,Is it any wonder we are where we are ,  If we do stay up it will be a damn miracle of siesmic proportions ,But if somehow we do then root and branch change is needed ASAP 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

Is it just me that thinks there has been a bit of an overreaction to today’s result. 

Don’t get me wrong the performance wasn’t brilliant and the tactics weren’t great however we were never in danger of losing that until the red card. Had Shaw not been sent off I’m pretty confident we would have gone on to win that. 

Yes DC hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing and

has caused all this mess however if we’d have won that 1-0 today then this overreaction wouldn’t be happening. 

I’m still confident we will stay up. 

Birmingham were bottom of the form table...had we beat them we would have been 3 points with a game in hand with a better goal difference.

Stoke won today again ...we set them up mid week too, now watch Bham have a new lease of life, and watch us get hammered at Brentford who have just lost 3 on the bounce.

Yeah today was a massive day, game and we fùcked up - we will probably go down.

To come on here and start a thread about other fans overreacting though? Don't think its needed tbh.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Birmingham were bottom of the form table...had we beat them we would have been 3 points with a game in hand with a better goal difference.

Stoke won today again ...we set them up mid week too, now watch Bham have a new lease of life, and watch us get hammered at Brentford who have just lost 3 on the bounce.

Yeah today was a massive day, game and we fùcked up - we will probably go down.

To come on here and start a thread about other fans overreacting though? Don't think its needed tbh.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to keep a bit of positivity going though

There's always hope until there's mathematically no hope

Owlstalk Shop

I’m usually one to be frowning at the over reaction camp. However tonight was not good at all.

Stoke and Birmingham were teams that were on shocking runs and we have just turned round their seasons for them with 2 very uninspiring performances

i Worry for our status in the league not for the talent we have (I believe we have just about enough) but the manner it is applied on the pitch. 

I’m also even more disenfranchised with the loss of shaw to Celtic for next to nowt regardless of his stupidity tonight.

we are in a right mess on and off the pitch and my worry is that it is going to get worse before it gets better. 

I’ll slap my tin hat on and head back to my beer

• Like 2

I've had enough and i'm weary of it

It's been like punching yourself in the face and hoping for a bit of respite since the 150 celebrations and the fr@ggin cakeball nonsense..Bright spots bring a flash of hope but thats quickly messed up.  Dc literally lacks any sense with regards to football , fans, turnover, prudence, revnue, wages, contracts, goodwill, expense, respect, communication, listening and mutual planning. Its just hopeless. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

I’m usually one to be frowning at the over reaction camp. However tonight was not good at all.

Stoke and Birmingham were teams that were on shocking runs and we have just turned round their seasons for them with 2 very uninspiring performances

i Worry for our status in the league not for the talent we have (I believe we have just about enough) but the manner it is applied on the pitch. 

I’m also even more disenfranchised with the loss of shaw to Celtic for next to nowt regardless of his stupidity tonight.

we are in a right mess on and off the pitch and my worry is that it is going to get worse before it gets better. 

I’ll slap my tin hat on and head back to my beer

I agree with you - today we should have beat Birmingham for sure or at least looked like we were going to!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

Is it just me that thinks there has been a bit of an overreaction to today’s result. 

Don’t get me wrong the performance wasn’t brilliant and the tactics weren’t great however we were never in danger of losing that until the red card. Had Shaw not been sent off I’m pretty confident we would have gone on to win that. 

Yes DC hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing and

has caused all this mess however if we’d have won that 1-0 today then this overreaction wouldn’t be happening. 

I’m still confident we will stay up. 

were disjointed and a shambles from top to bottom.

Guest Therealrealist
17 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Well I hope Lee Mason is proud of himself,they just went through the bookings on Quest and Mason hasn't covered himself in glory.

Having said that he showed himself to be a prat on a number of occasions this season.

Not the old blame the ref chestnut...p7ll the other one it’s got bells on 

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Yeah its a big over reaction, weve just played two teams neither of whom had won a game for 11 games, lost them both 0-1 and had 5 shots on target in 180 minutes plus stoppage time.

Nope wel be fine,obviously staying up,bang in form and purring like a lamborghini WTF:

Ex@ctamondo...we cud lose 10-0 to an under 14 outfit and we wud still get some fans blamin 5he ref ...th3 pitch...and sayin it’s an overreactiongarymegson