Overreaction

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

Is it just me that thinks there has been a bit of an overreaction to today’s result. 

Don’t get me wrong the performance wasn’t brilliant and the tactics weren’t great however we were never in danger of losing that until the red card. Had Shaw not been sent off I’m pretty confident we would have gone on to win that. 

Yes DC hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing and

has caused all this mess however if we’d have won that 1-0 today then this overreaction wouldn’t be happening. 

I’m still confident we will stay up. 

So 2/3 rds of the season gone and we have spent how many weeks out of the bottom three?, but your confident we will survive?.. We dont score enough goals or have the metal strength , and we have no recognsied manger. We are going down , its the hope that kills you. If some how we did survive we would go down next year. We have made too many enemies. The owner is the worst idiot we have ever had. Relegation might just force him to cut his loses and ******** off.  

The only positive at the moment is we cant get into the ground and have to watch the games first hand . It would be totally toxic.   

I said it in another thread but what we’re seeing is just really poor quality below premier league level. Think of all the games we’ve had at home where we’ve thought the opposition were rank 

Derby

Boro

Brum

Milwall

Wycombe

Preston

Coventry

Bournemouth were nothing special either.

Gonna be nip and tuck for who stays up 

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Excuse me ,where did I blame him?,Master Shaw didn't cover himself in glory either ,but I'm not blaming him either.

So who are you blaming for today’s debacle?. Don’t forget it can’t be us fans

2 hours ago, northeastowl said:

It was a 6 pointer, it ain’t going to be pretty. We gave it a good go and were the better team until the red card. The clubs a mess, yes, but today’s result/performance isn’t the end of the world. 

It’s not the end of the world but it’s possibly the result that signals the end of our stay in the Championship.

• Like 1

I don't think it's just about today's result, but when a lot of us are desperate to see any positives that might keep us up, losing a vital 6 pointer against in the manner we did brings home how dire things could be. I don't buy into the view that relegation could do us good and that we will come back stronger, we could equally spend years stuck in league 1. Which as a fan that doesn't intend to turn his back on Wednesday fills me with dread.

I don't like the lynch mobs looking to pile on individuals after day's like today as although it's easy to point out who did or didn't do what, this whole mess has been a long time in the making. And whilst I hate seeing us in this situation, I don't really find shouting the odds or abusing someone online fixes anything or makes me feel better. Which is probably why I drink, really heavily instead. 

32 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I said it in another thread but what we’re seeing is just really poor quality below premier league level. Think of all the games we’ve had at home where we’ve thought the opposition were rank 

Derby

Boro

Brum

Milwall

Wycombe

Preston

Coventry

Bournemouth were nothing special either.

Gonna be nip and tuck for who stays up 

I agree in as much as I also thought the above teams were poor.  The problem for me was that in all those games (bar Wycombe), regardless of result,  I thought we were worse.  I think it will be nip and tuck for who goes down with us and Wycombe, can’t see any hope of us turning this around.

2 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Is it just me that thinks there has been a bit of an overreaction to today’s result. 

Don’t get me wrong the performance wasn’t brilliant and the tactics weren’t great however we were never in danger of losing that until the red card. Had Shaw not been sent off I’m pretty confident we would have gone on to win that. 

Yes DC hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing and

has caused all this mess however if we’d have won that 1-0 today then this overreaction wouldn’t be happening. 

I’m still confident we will stay up. 

Good shout pal, not many games where a goal either way has been the difference. Our big problem is we don’t come back when a goal down or generally score enough.  
Gone from Fletcher, Hooper, Forrestieri, Joao, Rhodes and Nuhiu to pick from to ..... well you decide. Rhodes is our only natural forward and no one starts him regular, yes he is best with a partner but he still offers more than Patterson and or Windass who were both bl..dy awful today.  
Rhodes is not your modern day striker but surely he should get a prolonged run as first choice. Him Green ( if fit ) and a n other as a front 3 in a 3 4 3 may just be enough. We can dream UTO

It was clear from about 5 minutes in that it was going to be one of those very scrappy 1-0 either way games. The team selection was wrong, we basically played right into Birmingham's hands and didn't change it at half time (again) when it was clear it was needed. Shaw should have come off at half time, for his own sake, Mason was looking to make himself part of the story, he always does.

Rhodes should have started, Birmingham had their poacher on the pitch ready to snatch the chance that came, why didn't we? No slight on Paterson or Windass, personally I'd have started all three and gone for it from the start. I can accept losing, but there is a way to lose.

If we were 15th and in a decent position of safety I'd agree there might have been a tad of an overreaction, but we're not, we're in a dogfight and given that we have yet to come back in a game to gain a point this season it was vital we got that first goal today, Birmingham would have crumbled I'm fairly certain but we offered very little.

Its all a matter of who goes down with Wycombe,Wedesday and Birmingham, quite easily the three bog floaters,might as well pull the chain now.

The time under Pullis was a total shambles,all hes done is recommend every promising prospect we have thats got an expiring contract to his football buds to get back at Chansiri.

The sooner that crap logo is off the North Stand seats the better,once he goes we can start to move forward and re build.

350M to move backwards what an absolute jeb end! Small wonder his dads not made him a director of tuna land,hed just fluff the lot on old fishing boats that have no fishing gear!