Distribution Warehouse on the old Wednesdayite carpark site

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Always puzzled me how traffic will use the site on a match day - particularly Saturday which will be one of the retail park's main day, with SAG's parking and traffic flow restrictions. Will we amazingly see restrictions lifted for this, but not for SWFC fans?

It's only for an hour before the game and seven hours of gridlock afterwards...

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You must have realise by now our council never plan for anything, they are getting extra business rates they don't give a poo if it affect the local area, causes more pollution or affect people's lives and local businesses.

I totally approve of the development - it's the double standards on how commercial businesses/sectors are treated in the design and access requirements. SWFC as an existing and establish business are being restricted (fans/customers) during business hours. I would expect the retail park to be bound by these restrictions. If not, it's hard to see how fairness is being applied.

Of course the traffic impact on the residents around there is an issue, and something that should be considered, but the SAG traffic restrictions during matchday have nothing to do with resident's health.

Remember when Allen...I think..wanted to buy the old Shardlows sports fields for a new training site.

Council said no due to 'traffic probs' not long after, morrisons supermarket down the road and a pub/restaurant built..

Council said not keen on large supermarkets in built up areas...then give the go ahead for a big foook-off sainsbury's next to the ground.

Traffic on Penistone rd has been a prob for ages...so i know lets have a giant foookin supermarket to make it better....

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes!!!!!!!

Just what Sheffield needs!!!!

ANOTHER gym - in between the ones just up on Halifax Road and the ones just down the road on Penistone Road!!!

lol

Better Gym (across from Sainsbury’s) has unfortunately become a victim of the virus and is closed for good. 

Guest hirstysfags
6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Another ugly retail building devoid of character and a blight on the eye  

Shut up. I love our stadium!

8 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

I know luck doesn't come into to DC's incompetence, but he's not having much since he took over.

Can see this development causing lots of problems on match days

His own fault, should have bought the land for club facilities.