Wednesday - V - Wycombe OMDT

Quick Quiz  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Alonso bid is genuine?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. If it is genuine , would you like Chansiri to sell to the twitter fibber and his 'backers'

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Is the Wycombe game make or break for the season in your opinion

• YES- It'll spell curtains
    • NO - Upsetting , but there's points to play for.

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Excellent professional performance that. Feels good been out of the relegation zone for a bit. Just need to keep this run going for 18 more games. A lot more twists and turns to come.

Don't need a run anywhere near as good as this for 28 games.  Really only need to win 1 in 3 games now and pick up odd draw and will be fine.

At moment think it's Wycombe Coventry plus one other to go down

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Excellent professional performance that. Feels good been out of the relegation zone for a bit. Just need to keep this run going for 18 more games. A lot more twists and turns to come.

We're going to win them all and smash the play-offs. It is written!

Maybe.....

Possibly.....

Probably.....

Not!

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Listen I still think it’s gonna be a slog, and a huge ask 

But this form gives us a great chance, especially our home form 

It's not a huge ask from here in though really is it? 

1.22 PPG from 18 games isn't a massive task.  Over next 9/10 games league will really take shape who are the teams to best to stay up.

Wycombe are gone.

Looking at Coventry's fixtures coming up don't think it will be long before they hit the bottom 3.  

After that could be 1 out of any of 7 or 8 teams

I think a lot of us are going to be anoraks tonight, studying the fixture list for every other team in the bottom half of the table, working out the impact of other teams winning their games-in-hand, etc!  I've been studying the table non-stop since the final whistle!  

Rotherham losing was a bonus.  I've been getting sick of seeing teams around us seeming to hit form at the same time as us, as if the thought of being passed out by Wednesday was all the motivation they needed.

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

I think a lot of us are going to be anoraks tonight, studying the fixture list for every other team in the bottom half of the table, working out the impact of other teams winning their games-in-hand, etc!  I've been studying the table non-stop since the final whistle!  

Rotherham losing was a bonus.  I've been getting sick of seeing teams around us seeming to hit form at the same time as us, as if the thought of being passed out by Wednesday was all the motivation they needed.

Too true, for example look at Coventry's next 5 fixtures, don't see where their next win will come from 3 tough aways and Norwich / Brentford at home.

Huddersfield on a really bad run, if they don't win at home to Wycombe Saturday then they may be really dragged into it.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

Hi Snoots, Sorry I could stay for the early entertainment this a.m. though I did do the pole thingy and a brief post. Then I got taken by the post Astra Jenika  reaction from Saturday evening. So a full 53 hours later I was suddenly struck down.

• Ache in arm injection site. followed by...
  • raging headache, Then...
  • Swollen Glands. Followed by raging temperature. Finally
  • Fever and sweats.

So sorry about that; I'll see if I can arrange a Denghi fever jab prior to the Swansea game lol

UP THE OWLS !

14 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Too true, for example look at Coventry's next 5 fixtures, don't see where their next win will come from 3 tough aways and Norwich / Brentford at home.

Huddersfield on a really bad run, if they don't win at home to Wycombe Saturday then they may be really dragged into it.

Yikes, you're right, I didn't realise how bad Coventry's upcoming fixtures list looks!  I'll take any cause for hope, no matter how slim I still think our chances are overall.

It was a good overall display tonight. 

I appreciate that Wycombe are by a distance the poorest side in the league this season, but I swear this is the type of game we'd have failed to win a few months ago. 

As it was, we looked much the better side throughout (as we should do) and comfortably saw them off in the end. 

The football right now is much  better than the utter dross that baseball cap w@nker and the kid from This is England were serving up prior. Just simple, decent football where you can actually see what we are trying to do. 

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Yikes, you're right, I didn't realise how bad Coventry's upcoming fixtures list looks!  I'll take any cause for hope, no matter how slim I still think our chances are overall.

we could do with one team 'doing a hull' and plummeting out of sight.  Hull were in the top half as late as January last year and got relegated.  If one team does that then we have a real chance.

A lot of people pinning their hopes on coventry, I am not so sure- I still think Rotherham will be the ones to keep ahead of plus one other.  I am convinced Derby & Forest will pull clear and QPR have probably reinforced well enough to stay clear. 

Will brum turn it around? Who else will get dragged in? The problem is we have swansea and stoke next, it could only yield one point so it could be a different picture by the time we play brum at home. 

Still 5 straight wins at home is a great achievement and the players must love turning up for home games at the moment.

Guest wilyfox

Relieved the players turned up and won a game they needed and were expected to - often the occasions we no-show. Important they deliver when it matters.