Callum Paterson talks about 'that' goal the other night 🤣

15 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I really like him.  I'm not sure he's a centre-forward (as in target man) though;  I think he'd be better playing off a centre-forward (as in the striker role).  I think he'd get even more goals if he didn't have the responsibility of holding up the ball.  

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s an interesting one. I honestly don’t know what he is. 

His finishing is actually pretty good - I’d imagine his conversion rate is very high...but he doesn’t really seem to get nor many chances 

I don’t see the energy arriving late into the box that Pulis used to mention, to me he looks like someone who needs to be right in position for when the ball arrives

Defensively he looks awful - so I don’t see him playing deeper, even when he’s been in a CM role he’s been found out. I can’t believe he was ever a defensive player

That probably leaves him as the primary forward, but then you have to surround him with goals and pace. 

That then leads me to question whether he or Nuhiu would be more effective in that ‘focal point surrounded by goals and pace role’ - and I’m not convinced he’s more effective than Nuhiu would have been in that role. 

It’s an interesting one, because he’s a good, effective player

So, if I relate my post to yours, in my opinion, Paterson would be the striker playing off Nuhiu who would play as centre-forward.  

Just now, shandypants said:

So, if I relate my post to yours, in my opinion, Paterson would be the striker playing off Nuhiu who would play as centre-forward.  

lol

That would be an abysmal strike force 

It would be Paterson or Nuhiu 

I think he would work best in a 3 with Kachunga and Windass supporting

Westwood

Lees.    Dunkley.    Hutchinson.   

Harris.       Luongo.   Bannan.      Reach.  

Windass.    Kachunga.   

Paterson.  

21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m not convinced he’s more effective than Nuhiu would have been in that role. 

Hes already got 5 more goals than the big man. Whilst playing in a bottom three side. Nuhiu is playing for a team that is supposed to walk the league and not a great league either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Hes already got 5 more goals than the big man. Whilst playing in a bottom three side. Nuhiu is playing for a team that is supposed to walk the league and not a great league either. 

Nuhiu scored 6 goals and achieved 4 assists in 14 league starts last season 

Paterson has scored 5 goals and achieved 1 assist in 19 league starts this season 

What’s your point?

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Nuhiu scored 6 goals and achieved 4 assists in 14 league starts last season 

Paterson has scored 5 goals and achieved 1 assist in 19 league starts this season 

What’s your point?

That right now Nuhiu has 0 goals and Paterson has 5. Are we operating in a last season for one player, and this season for another, world? If so can we just have the Jordan Rhodes from six years ago instead of the one from this year? 

Edited by Daizan10

10 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

That right now Nuhiu has 0 goals and Paterson has 5. Are we operating in a last season for one player, and this season for another, world? If so can we just have the Jordan Rhodes from six years ago instead of the one from this year? 

Nuhiu has 0 goals in 0 starts for us

I was baffled by him for quite a while but the Derby goal made me a ‘Paterholoc’ just something about the way he is makes me smile. He should not have been able to get to that header against Derby but it’s like no one has ever told him the things you should and shouldn’t do on a football field so he just makes it up! Must be a horror play against 😀

I love the guy, pure commitment and it helps him being a fellow Hearts man like me. I’ve been watching Paterson at games since he was 17 at Hearts, and I remember in his first pre-season being impressed with his performances but also his physique. I’m delighted he is now at Wednesday my English team. 

The first time I saw him was at Rotherham’s New York Stadium, Hearts were the first away team to win a game at Rotherham’s new ground. Paterson played really well, he competed physically as well as on the deck, and at that age that was impressive seeing him bully opposition players. He nearly scored right at the beginning of the game. I could tell he would be a handful later in his career and go on to have a good career and he’s doing that and more at Wednesday now.

I can’t understand some of the stick that he has got at Wednesday, Callum will be our top scorer this season, he has done it and scored goals at a higher level than we are currently at, and yes he might not be the most skilful footballer to watch, but he competes, he has desire and a will to win, he is positive, he looks like he enjoys playing, and he scores goals. Callum will be a key player for us for the remainder of the season. 

Mon Dr Funk!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
19 hours ago, Arbroath_Owl said:

Absolutely no way was he born in 1994. Not having it.

My wife thinks he looks about 48!