Callum Paterson talks about 'that' goal the other night 🤣

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Impossible not to absolutely love everything about Callum Paterson

I just ignore anyone who criticises him now

Yeah, some of those early comparisons to the likes of Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Stevie May were a bit misguided, weren't they?

He's got a lot more to offer than the former did by the time we signed him, and is a lot more Championship-ready than the latter, who struggled to impose himself at all.

He's not the target-man that we needed, but he's turning out to be an important player for us this season and his attitude seems second-to-none.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I really like him.  I'm not sure he's a centre-forward (as in target man) though;  I think he'd be better playing off a centre-forward (as in the striker role).  I think he'd get even more goals if he didn't have the responsibility of holding up the ball.  

It’s an interesting one. I honestly don’t know what he is. 

His finishing is actually pretty good - I’d imagine his conversion rate is very high...but he doesn’t really seem to get nor many chances 

I don’t see the energy arriving late into the box that Pulis used to mention, to me he looks like someone who needs to be right in position for when the ball arrives

Defensively he looks awful - so I don’t see him playing deeper, even when he’s been in a CM role he’s been found out. I can’t believe he was ever a defensive player

That probably leaves him as the primary forward, but then you have to surround him with goals and pace. 

That then leads me to question whether he or Nuhiu would be more effective in that ‘focal point surrounded by goals and pace role’ - and I’m not convinced he’s more effective than Nuhiu would have been in that role. 

It’s an interesting one, because he’s a good, effective player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1