Transfer Deadline Day

14 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

a 37 year old Glenn Murray is not the answer for me. Especially given he's played 28 games and scored 1 and not played for months.

I couldn't agree more. That signing really does smack of desperation. His value will be as a sub for the last 10 minutes to nick a goal or protect a lead. In that respect, he may add some value. It isn't what we need, or more to the point, we cannot afford a body and a wage for that sole purpose.

Just now, Pieman said:

I couldn't agree more. That signing really does smack of desperation. His value will be as a sub for the last 10 minutes to nick a goal or protect a lead. In that respect, he may add some value. It isn't what we need, or more to the point, we cannot afford a body and a wage for that sole purpose.

Agree, and he isn’t the answer for us. I suspect though, that he will bag a few three pointers for them from the bench

• Like 1

I’d be surprised and delighted if the striker we need arrives at Hillsborough today. 
I don’t think we have quite enough to stay up without a decent number 9. We have had some encouraging results and some decent performances but unfortunately many of the other teams at the bottom have also started to turn the corner.

No club could let Fletcher, Winall, Hooper, Joao and Nuhiu go and replace them with Paterson, Windass, Kachunga and Marriott and not be in trouble! 
We seem to have all number 10s and no number 9. No one in the side can hold the ball up for the quick players to join in attacks and no one is there to flick on, nod down etc for the number 10 type players. 
I actually like Paterson and he has both scored and created goals for us. Against Preston he bullied their defence into giving the throw in and then took the long throw that resulted in the goal. Brilliant stuff. But you can’t take the long throws and be on the end of them!

Our need is great and I suspect our disappointment will be greater!

12 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Not heard anything on that front just got told by a mate living up there we’re after Pearce. Bristol City were linked with him earlier in the window

Depends. We are only offering money paid at the end of the season. Not sure Wigan will accept that.

Can’t see any permanent transfers coming in. 

I find it very hard to see or understand any signings coming in, no wages been paid and no cash till the summer ?   

Fairly big issues you can’t get away from 

We’ve known what this squad has been lacking since the last transfer window. The fact that we haven’t strengthened or brought in a manager this month tells you all you need to know about DC’s commitment to getting us out of the mess we’re in 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1