Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

Good luck to him. 

A player of this potential obviously can't stay at club like Wednesday with its peculiar approach to management on and off the pitch. 

I'm not sure that Celtic is the best choice but I doubt any Premier club would come in for him. That leaves the championship. 

Celtic offers better opportunities than the championship. 

The main thing is that Shaw will be given a chance at Celtic to prove his worth. 

Those chances may be more fleeting at top championship club. At a premiership club his chances would be virtually non existent. 

I hope this promising player develops his obvious potential. 

The one thing that Chansiri's Wednesday have been consistently good at is destroying potential. Especially when such players have a mind of their own and speak out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

His agent will be well chuffed ££££, and he gets to train with Leigh Griffiths and line up against Stevie May.

And play in the champions league and europa Cup. He could stay at Wednesday and play against teams like Rochdale next season. 

Edited by Mrmason69

2 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

And play in the champions league and europa Cup. He could stay at Wednesday and play against teams like Rochdale next season. 

As I said over and over last night, I’m not suggesting he should have stayed but it’s a terrible career move for a young lad with a lot of potential. They are miles and miles behind Rangers

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 1

This is as much about Shaw wanting out because of Chansiri as anything else, after the low ball derisory offer and being told he wouldn't play again if he didn't sign, players and their agents don't want them to be here, unless there's no other option on the table. 

We are going to be seeing a lot of players leave this summer and recruitment is going to be very painful, whatever league we are in, because Chansiri has destroyed the reputation of the club within football. 

Edited by 0742

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

As I said over and over last night, I’m not suggesting he should have stayed but it’s a terrible career move for a young lad with a lot of potential. They are miles and miles behind Rangers

But miles and miles ahead of every other Scottish club. 

Just now, BIG D said:

Exactly, an abysmal standard of football

Still going to be European football every season - and even if its only 2 games it's 2 more than were likely to get in the next 20 years. Said end of last page, it's a great move for him. Celtic players often move to the PL. 

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

This is as much about Shaw wanting out because of Chansiri as anything else, after the low ball derisory offer and being told he wouldn't play again if he didn't sign, players and their agents don't want them to be here, unless there's no other option on the table. 

And you know this for a fact? Surprising then that he played last night as I'm sure the club knew his decision before the team was selected. 

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Exactly, an abysmal standard of football

Stevie May is currently top scorer for the team in 8th place

:tango:

We've really not much room to talk about the abysmal standard of football elsewhere in view of much of the turgid dross we've been served up over the last year or so.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Really stings that of all places to go, it’s bloody Scottish football...

Even though we’ve been crap this season it’s still better than battering L2 standard teams all season and only have 4 competitive games a year. Or maybe he’s been lured in by European away days in Austria or Norway? 

Or maybe it's the lure of playing for a better team than our mickey mouse outfit, where he has a chance of actually winning something and progressing.

Good luck to him I say. Why would you stay at our absolute shambles of a football club, where we struggle to score a goal never mind win games.

Any who has a go at this lad, is an absolute moron as are those banging on about loyalty. Why the hell should he be loyal, What for few first team games? 

Whats the point Chansiri ?...............................just what is the f***in point ?

For years we produce nothing academy wise , then a few years ago i see a young side containing the likes of Hirst, Penney, Clare, Shaw, Grant etc and suddenly i have optimism.

I am not saying ALL these players will make it, history tells us some will not kick on , but just what is the f***in point in developing these lads , in some cases for years and years , only to allow them to leave for next to nothing through gross mis-management ?

Liam Shaw has been a little ray of light in what has been a seemingly endless shower of $hit these last few years , you know , "one of our own" , who might, just might , do very good things for us or maybe make us a hefty amount of money.

We should have known better........................what a f***in shambles we are.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Strange that no other English team has apparently shown any interest in him. Thought Celtic offer might have smoked a few out

It was explained to me last night that English clubs won’t pay the compo. All Ut’s promising young’uns have ended up in The Premier League though so that’s probably bs.