Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No but you’ve said he should stay here and hedge his bets that he gets a better offer. And if he doesn’t then he’s stuck at Wednesday with the offer of playing for Celtic gone.

So this amazing prospect, out of contract and going more or less for free would attract no offers between now and the end of June? I don't dispute it's his best offer right now but right now is February  17th

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He should play every game until the end of the season. He’s better than Pelupessy so will give us more chance of staying up.

No way should he play, his future is not with us, we need fully committed players, he won't to get badly injured. He his made his decision, goodbye and good luck.

Just now, BIG D said:

So this amazing prospect, out of contract and going more or less for free would attract no offers between now and the end of June? I don't dispute it's his best offer right now but right now is February  17th

Mate - he's had a firm offer from Celtic

He's took it

There's no guarantee that if he turned Celtic down that another club would come in for him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Trust me 'traitor' is mild compared to the stuff on Twitter on his personal timeline 

Just had a quick look its frightening what goes through peoples heads 

Whether you think its a good move, bad move, obvious move or a disloyal move is irrelevant to actually go through the process of typing out threats and abuse and adding him in it is frightening 

Its scary that you can/could actually sit next to someone who thinks like that 

Just now, Big Jack said:

No way should he play, his future is not with us, we need fully committed players, he won't to get badly injured. He his made his decision, goodbye and good luck.

Talk us through the first team and how many have contracts more than just a few weeks left on em

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, BIG D said:

You clearly no what the lad wants. He’s a young lad moving to a fantastic city to a club that is steeped in tradition and history with an absolute fantastic atmosphere. 

Maybe he backs his ability to become a regular for Celtic? 

In terms of size of the club, he won’t get a better offer. That’s a fact. 

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

You do realise 8 of our players last night were out of contract?

Do you really think Barry Bannan and Adam Reach are fully committed? 

All the out of contract players will be on the phone to their agents telling them to start getting their name out there. Talks will already be underway with a lot of them - naive to think otherwise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

We’re going to struggle to put out a team then. How many of the current first team players do you think are going to be here next season?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Talk us through the first team and how many have contracts more than just a few weeks left on em

Absolutely, but they have not signed for anyone else yet. Big difference to me, they need to perform to find new clubs or contracts. Anyway lots of them can go for me, need to stay up to attract new owners and go again. Let's not kid ourselves we will get relegated because of Liam Shaw.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You clearly no what the lad wants. He’s a young lad moving to a fantastic city to a club that is steeped in tradition and history with an absolute fantastic atmosphere. 

Maybe he backs his ability to become a regular for Celtic? 

In terms of size of the club, he won’t get a better offer. That’s a fact. 

Jesus I should hope he will be a regular in this Celtic side.

4 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

If that's your criteria then we may as well look in the Under 16s 

I assume you are applying the same logic to these players who haven't signed a new contract and I can guarantee their agents are trying to get them deals elsewhere as well as here 

Adam Reach

Jordan Rhodes

Osaze Urhoghide

Joost van Aken

Keiren Westwood

Elias Kachunga

Tom Lees

Moses Odubajo

Joey Pelupessy

Matt Penney

Barry Bannan

Kadeem Harris

Alex Hunt

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

It was a great move for Hooper, who was going there as the main man. If someone’s told Shaw he will be playing in their midfield each week then fair play. But otherwise he could be playing regular first team football and then get a move somewhere as that established player in a year or two, which would be more lucrative for everyone involved including him. I’m not sure agents think that way when there is a few quid on the table here and now, but it would be refreshing if someone did.

What if we offered him a platry sum of money compared to what all the players around him are getting?

What if your gaffer at work was paying you 10% of what hes paying your colleagues doing the same job

Would you commit to another 3 years of that just to get the required experience to get a better job somewhere else?

Be honest

Just now, PARKOWL said:

If that's your criteria then we may as well look in the Under 16s 

I assume you are applying the same logic to these players who haven't signed a new contract and I can guarantee their agents are trying to get them deals elsewhere as well as here 

Adam Reach

Jordan Rhodes

Osaze Urhoghide

Joost van Aken

Keiren Westwood

Elias Kachunga

Tom Lees

Moses Odubajo

Joey Pelupessy

Matt Penney

Barry Bannan

Kadeem Harris

Alex Hunt

It's been pointed out many times that these players will actually be playing for a deal somewhere (if not here).

Shaw has already signed a contract