No Wednesday is better than *this* Wednesday?

Title says it all. I’d rather the club folded than continue with Chansiri throttling it.

Horrifically poor recruitment of players and staff, constant cash flow problems, total disrespect shown to the supporters, and a childish refusal to accept responsibility for the damage he’s caused have sent the club past the point of no return.

The name can always be re-used in some way for a Phoenix club if it comes to that, but that comes after the fall.

No Wednesday is better than *this* Wednesday.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Title says it all. I’d rather the club folded than continue with Chansiri throttling it.

Horrifically poor recruitment of players and staff, constant cash flow problems, total disrespect shown to the supporters, and a childish refusal to accept responsibility for the damage he’s caused have sent the club past the point of no return.

The name can always be re-used in some way for a Phoenix club if it comes to that, but that comes after the fall.

Kin ell mate, that's quite radical and don't think you'll get a lot of support.

More to point, why bring me into it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s not our club anymore. And I know that technically it’s never ‘our club’ - but I’ve never felt such a disconnect.

- I can deal with being poo. I can deal, and have dealt, with watching poor players. Heck, I’d even go as far to say as I’ve enjoyed it at times. It was all part of the adventure. 

- I can deal with being in league one. It is what it is, we’ve done it before and we’ve got some good memories from those times. If I wanted to follow a team just for attractive football and to see us against the best teams at the best stadiums then I’d certainly not be supporting Sheffield Wednesday. 

I wouldn’t go as far to say as I’d rather we fold. That is just silly. But whilst DC is in charge, OR unless he has a massive change in attitude,  I won’t be putting my money near the club. A year ago I wouldn’t have even thought it be possible that I’d not renew my ST, and in fairness I’ve got a medical issue that will potentially stop me returning to Hillsborough anyway in the near future so that does aid my decision. But again. Im not ‘throwing in the towel’ due to results or us getting relegated. It’s got nothing directly to do with what’s happening on the pitch. We could stay up this season and that would be good. But that would only mask the systematic failures behind the scenes and we’re gonna continue to free fall until things off the pitch are fixed.

I’ll always support whatever 11 enters the pitch from home and back the manager the best I can. Cos I genuinely believe it’s not THEIR fault....they’re doing what they can with the situation they’ve been forced into. But I won’t financially support a chairman who’s said repeatedly that my money doesn’t matter and blames our supporters for the state we’re in, taking no responsibility.

If he changes his attitude, brings in a director of football who actually knows how the game TRULY works at our level, and gives our fans a clear and structured 5-10 year plan (that isn’t just chucking money at it) then I’ll definitely reconsider. I don’t care if the 5-10 year plan involves taking some steps backwards in order to go forwards. I just want some structure and for Wednesday to regain their identity. 

Can’t see it happening though. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I got a bit confused and posted this in a similar thread by mistake lol

I can't help it. I'm addicted. I don't go to games very often now mainly due to finances but I watch every game on iFollow. It doesn't matter how bad we are I have to watch. Yes it would be less stressful if I didn't care but that isn't possible.

It isn't like I lived in Sheffield and went to games with mates on the ale. I have always had to travel, 9 times out of 10 on my own, to watch games. What I'm saying is it has never been a social thing. It has always been purely for the football and Wednesday. In some ways that might make it easier to stop watching but in other ways it makes it impossible as it has only ever been about Wednesday.

Sad maybe, but definitely true.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

It’s not our club anymore. And I know that technically it’s never ‘our club’ - but I’ve never felt such a disconnect.

- I can deal with being poo. I can deal, and have dealt, with watching poor players. Heck, I’d even go as far to say as I’ve enjoyed it at times. It was all part of the adventure. 

- I can deal with being in league one. It is what it is, we’ve done it before and we’ve got some good memories from those times. If I wanted to follow a team just for attractive football and to see us against the best teams at the best stadiums then I’d certainly not be supporting Sheffield Wednesday. 

I wouldn’t go as far to say as I’d rather we fold. That is just silly. But whilst DC is in charge, OR unless he has a massive change in attitude,  I won’t be putting my money near the club. A year ago I wouldn’t have even thought it be possible that I’d not renew my ST, and in fairness I’ve got a medical issue that will potentially stop me returning to Hillsborough anyway in the near future so that does aid my decision. But again. Im not ‘throwing in the towel’ due to results or us getting relegated. It’s got nothing directly to do with what’s happening on the pitch. We could stay up this season and that would be good. But that would only mask the systematic failures behind the scenes and we’re gonna continue to free fall until things off the pitch are fixed.

I’ll always support whatever 11 enters the pitch from home and back the manager the best I can. Cos I genuinely believe it’s not THEIR fault....they’re doing what they can with the situation they’ve been forced into. But I won’t financially support a chairman who’s said repeatedly that my money doesn’t matter and blames our supporters for the state we’re in, taking no responsibility.

If he changes his attitude, brings in a director of football who actually knows how the game TRULY works at our level, and gives our fans a clear and structured 5-10 year plan (that isn’t just chucking money at it) then I’ll definitely reconsider. I don’t care if the 5-10 year plan involves taking some steps backwards in order to go forwards. I just want some structure and for Wednesday to regain their identity. 

Can’t see it happening though. 

I'm just waiting for Hornsby to come in and start going on about fan buyout!

I agree with your post 100%

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

There will always be a Sheffield Wednesday even after Chansiri has finished his made a complete balls up.

• Like 2

On 30/01/2021 at 00:48, Wor’Jackie said:

TBH i totally agree....

• Like 1

On 30/01/2021 at 14:06, Owlinmad said:

Quite a few people on social media at the moment trying to destabilise the club.

Not sure why as I'm pretty sure we don't need any outside influence to do that.

Couldnt make it up...................social media destabilizing the Club.....errrr   NO

• Like 1