Will the Jack Marriott loan deal end?

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

looked dreadful, hope we can send him back

What do you expect when we play one up front every game getting hoofed up to him with nobody within about 30 yards of him, any striker that plays in our team would look dreadful, they literally feed off scraps.

10 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

What do you expect when we play one up front every game getting hoofed up to him with nobody within about 30 yards of him, any striker that plays in our team would look dreadful, they literally feed off scraps.

In the 4 games where Marriott started we played 433 twice and two up front twice.

He was dire.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

In the 4 games where Marriott started we played 433 twice and two up front twice.

He was dire.

4 games .. Great run of games, how many were consecutive? So I'm right then in 2 of the games our 433 usually is 451 with the loan man isolated. Funny how he wasn't dire for Lampard when they actually got bodies in and around him.. goals at old Trafford and Stamford Bridge say otherwise.

5 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

4 games .. Great run of games, how many were consecutive? So I'm right then in 2 of the games our 433 usually is 451 with the loan man isolated. Funny how he wasn't dire for Lampard when they actually got bodies in and around him.. goals at old Trafford and Stamford Bridge say otherwise.

All 4 were consecutive. We lost all 4. He was a shadow of a player.

He’s had one half-decent season.

No way could we persevere. We don’t have time.

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

All 4 were consecutive. We lost all 4. He was a shadow of a player.

He’s had one half-decent season.

No way could we persevere. We don’t have time.

I'd bring him back if given the chance, under a new more positive manager and given actual chances he will get goals. He's shown that throughout his career. We won't get any better in January for the money.

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

I'd bring him back if given the chance, under a new more positive manager and given actual chances he will get goals. He's shown that throughout his career. We won't get any better in January for the money.

He hasn’t.

13 goals in 81 Championship games.

Goal every 280 minutes.

Scored 10 in 18/19 and 3 goals since.

He wasn’t any good for us that’s for sure. Ran around a bit but didn’t see him do anything at all at any point that made me think he was worth keeping. 
Yes I know our players are feeding of scraps etc but when on the occasions that he did the get the ball he did absolutely nothing with it. I distinctly remember the ball coming in to him on the edge of the box and the blokes attempt to control the ball ended with the ball going to the half way line. He could trap the ball further than I can kick it!

Plus I really hate his haircut. Greased back bob/ too ponytail combo. Very unpleasant.

Rhodes isn’t any more effective but at least he has nice hair and does ‘jazz hands’ when he runs. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He hasn’t.

13 goals in 81 Championship games.

Goal every 280 minutes.

Scored 10 in 18/19 and 3 goals since.

Like I said though, given the chances he will score goals, which none of our other strikers look like doing. And who can we realistically get in this month that can confidently say will score the goals needed to keep us up?

I know this lads not fit to lace Hoopers boots ability wise 

But i remember how completely and utterly off the pace Hooper was when we signed him on loan. Then i remember the improvement when he got up to speed. 

Always hard judging players on such a small sample size of games when not fully fit. 

But in honesty its hard to say whether id want Marriot back without knowing what the alternative options are. 

A number of our fans are quick to criticise new players. Some of those players given time, find their feet and and do well. Hooper has been mentioned above and Murphy got loads of flack before Christmas last season but went on to be a cracking player for us.

As far a Marriott is concerned he may well be one of those players if he was given enough time. As it is his injury means he's not had that time and we are running out of time to see if he will produce.  If we can find a replacement I would do so, if we can't we might as well hold on to him.

Edited by prowl