Chansiri’s Biggest Promble

Bez

Chansiri's biggest problem is easy to define - he's just too nice to be in the business that he is.

Everything he ever complains about were all very predictable before he decided to own a football club.

He walked into a trap and got devoured by the vultures awaiting him.

• Like 4

Guest Therealrealist

I do think we are one of the tightest fanbases in the country tbh..love to know how much the club shop takes in a normal month..i bet its peanuts..hardly see anybody around south yorkshire walkin about with wednesday stuff on

We do have a lot of fans that travel from outside South Yorkshire the attend games; once the effort to get to the game wears thin, there’s a drop in attendances. 

A lot of successful people from the local area also tend to move away (and take the cash with them and have further to travel to get to games); whereas I’m not sure you can say the same about Mancs and Brummies. 

Population, catchment areas, previous success, how many clubs you have locally, also plays a massive role. 

Commercially,  we have little to offer also, our shop is terrible. Our grounds is miles from anywhere with limited facilities, etc. 

Commercial income is an area where we've actually consistently improved since Chansiri came in, just also one where we're clearly not living up to our potential. It's not really about shirts and the shop though, because I think we sell more than enough of those. We just really haven't got our act together on sponsorships. Look at Leeds last season for comparison, almost every bit of their kit, their training equipment, all of it, was sponsored by various companies.

Hard to say if it's due to lack of effort on Chansiri's part or due to lack of interest, with us being a down and out club with a low profile, but surely we can get more commercial income without Chansiri having to invent more fake companies?

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fans would spend more if the club was better run and was doing better on the pitch.

Like with every other club in the bleeding world.

really?

As an example I haven’t bought an SWFC top in maybe 12-15 years and have no intention of doing so. because I’m a tight Yorkshireman

but also because it’s something I won’t bother wearing