Pulis was warned about coming here

We were warned about Pulis coming here
Fans warned other fans about Pulis coming here

Chansiri was warned by fans about Pulis coming here

Yet it still went ahead

That's one man's fault - not the fans and not Pulis

Very honest of you Neil. We forgive you 😄

• Haha 1

Pulis...there's a guy who knows how to spin and play up to the media. 

He's a canny, wily older ********. Looking back his introductory press conference was a prime example of that - he said all the right things, played to the gallery, placated those he needed to. 

Chansiri...nah. 

He strikes me as very much a heart on sleeve type. He says whatever he's thinking without considering the consequences. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

So DC made up that he met with Pulis, raised concerns over his tactics and Pulis said he would alter them? Seems a very strange thing to make up. And if DC was as clueless as some suggest, how would he be familiar with brands of football? 

I wouldnt trust Chansiri in anything he says. Comes across like Donald Trump and makes it up as he goes along.

He has just made it much more difficult to get a decent manager by throwing the last one under a bus, even if he is being 100% truthful.

19 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

When I read this he said he was open that he didn’t like the British old school and Pulis defended his approach and said he played differently but ultimately he wanted a strong experienced manager to get results, which Pulis usually does. So gave him the job despite misgivings on style.

If Pulis had got double the points then maybe we wouldn’t be having this conversation but he hasn’t just sacked him because of the football, it’s because the football was poor, as were results and after each game he took more and more confidence away from the current team by saying ah they’re good lads bless them but basically have no chance unless I get to buy my own lads in. Putting our future solely on January and writing off the current team (who without a deduction wouldn’t be in the bottom 3) is ultimately what cost him.

For me, if there were clear issues with the squad and he was unsure whether short term spending on older heads including Hutchinson was right then I think sacking Pulis may be one of the very few examples of rectifying issues well in advance of them becoming terminal.

I understand where you’re coming from. But for all we know DC may have promised Pulis that money was available in January?

Rightly or wrongly every manager nowadays wants their own players to fit the style they want to play. Pulis wanting new players is not completely unfair in modern day football - in fact it’s pretty normal. 

I do agree with you to an extent. But please remember the football has been poor for a long time now. Before Pulis joined, things were pretty desperate under Monk too. Jos’ reign towards the end was awful. We only had a mini resurgence under Bruce but that is even looked back on with rose tinted specs. 

Pulis is not completely responsible for the crap football. It’s been crap for a while, funnily it’s been pretty awful ever since the news broke this time last year that players were getting late payments. Since that story got leaked, we’ve gone from 3rd in the league to 24th. 

Also Pulis was completely right about needing new players in January.

The current crop I don’t think are good enough to stay up. We need 3 players or so.

I don’t know if he was demanding players we simply couldn’t afford or what, but he was not wrong when he said we needed players. I’m sure even the players themselves would welcome a few more additions in January. In fact, if reports are to be believed, Bannan has said that he would only sign a new contract if we saw some new faces in January.

Pulis was being honest in his assessment of the squad. Just like we are on this forum and on social media - it’s not very good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wouldnt trust Chansiri in anything he says. Comes across like Donald Trump and makes it up as he goes along.

He has just made it much more difficult to get a decent manager by throwing the last one under a bus, even if he is being 100% truthful.

I think the opposite in that he’s too honest and blunt. So you don’t believe that TP threatened to call in sick if a mutual agreement was made too? It would be the most random thing to think about making up. 

TP’s previous at Palace gives me enough reason

• Like 1

Bizarre that DC set TP on if he doesn't like the old school approach and a defensive approach. It was obvious TP would play one way - I thought DC had accepted that in return for a guy likely to keep us up.

Unbelievably poor by DC.

Clearly correct now to get rid but no confidence he will get the next appointment right.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The current crop I don’t think are good enough to stay up. We need 3 players or so.

I don’t know if he was demanding players we simply couldn’t afford or what, but he was not wrong when he said we needed players. I’m sure even the players themselves would welcome a few more additions in January. In fact, if reports are to be believed, Bannan has said that he would only sign a new contract if we saw some new faces in January.

Pulis was being honest in his assessment of the squad. Just like we are on this forum and on social media - it’s not very good. 

If you remove the Pulis results we have 15 points from 12 games this season.

that is good for 56 points , less a 6 penalty, and we are good enough to stay up .

of course, a couple Of better players would help especially up front.  But our form is pretty much mid table form if you omit the car crash under Pulis. 

7 hours ago, slinger208b said:

No irony.

You took something from the beginning of the season and applied it to nearly halfway through...

No from the beginning of Tony Pulis stint in charge. Well even if it was beginning of season, there’s ambition and then there’s just being a bit silly! 

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

If you remove the Pulis results we have 15 points from 12 games this season.

that is good for 56 points , less a 6 penalty, and we are good enough to stay up .

of course, a couple Of better players would help especially up front.  But our form is pretty much mid table form if you omit the car crash under Pulis. 

The chairman said that Play Offs was the aim before sacking Monk. Allegedly it was rumoured that he sacked Monk because Monk didn’t think this was a realistic aim (if that Billy Sharp message from Beattie is to be believed).

If the manager is working to the chairman’s remit of wanting to get the club in the play offs - it would need heavy investment in January. Because quite simply the current squad might just be able to stay in the league this season.

Do you see maybe where the issue lies between chairman of this club and whoever the manager is? 

28 minutes ago, prowl said:

I can understand not wanting Pulis as manager, I can understand employing him in our situation to get us out of relegation.

I can't understand employing Pulis and then deciding to sack him after a few games. Either don't employ him in the first place or give him time to do his stuff.

I don't think DC realises how unbalanced and basically poor our squad is. The fans do.

Its erratic for sure.

But if things have got worse then I’d rather he pulled the plug than stuck with it for the sake of it.

He stuck with Luhukay for a long time and was criticised by some for being too loyal.

But even before the other day it’s been clear there hasn’t been a response from the current squad and we can’t rely solely on Jan. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The chairman said that Play Offs was the aim before sacking Monk. Allegedly it was rumoured that he sacked Monk because Monk didn’t think this was a realistic aim (if that Billy Sharp message from Beattie is to be believed).

If the manager is working to the chairman’s remit of wanting to get the club in the play offs - it would need heavy investment in January. Because quite simply the current squad might just be able to stay in the league this season.

Do you see maybe where the issue lies between chairman of this club and whoever the manager is? 

Of course 

if I was the chairman I would be looking to survive this season, release Westwood, Rhodes, Lees and reach at end of season and try for a different approach next season under a proper tracksuit coach who improves players and isn’t here for just a pay day ( as I have said before , Duncan Ferguson would fit this remit ). 

play offs are very unrealistic , but we have enough to survive espec if we loan in a forward 

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You know what you’re getting with Pulis. Everyone in football knows that. 

He said he would change style to suit the oppos and not always defensive.

Now if he had said that to me, i would have thought you lying foooker.

Chansiri fell for it, pulis told him what he wanted to hear.

Chansiri admitted his mistake.

Find another stick to beat him with, there are plenty.

You are upset because you have shown in previous post, you are pulis's biggest fan.

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Of course 

if I was the chairman I would be looking to survive this season, release Westwood, Rhodes, Lees and reach at end of season and try for a different approach next season under a proper tracksuit coach who improves players and isn’t here for just a pay day ( as I have said before , Duncan Ferguson would fit this remit ). 

play offs are very unrealistic , but we have enough to survive espec if we loan in a forward 

Agreed, but only today the chairman said play offs now look unlikely. Could have probably told him that before a ball had been kicked and we started on -12. 

If the chairman is telling his managers he wants play offs (like he often says in his media briefings), is it completely unnecessary for the manager to say ‘look we need players in January because the squad isn’t good enough to make the play offs’? 

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Had Poolis got his way we we would have gone and signed another 3 centre backs to fill the forward and wing positions. Not sure he would have been too keen to re sign then. 

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

He would have been advised

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Find another stick to beat him with, there are plenty.

You are upset because you have shown in previous post, you are pulis's biggest fan.

I’m not his biggest fan but I believed he deserved more than 10 games.

Another stick to beat the chairman with? He said he made a mistake, respect him for that and fair enough. But why oh why is he continuing to make such mistakes 5 years into his tenure? It’s one mistake after another.

He’s surprised fans are asking for refunds during a time of incredible financial insecurity, but he can afford to pay off two managers and his backroom staff in the space of a few months? 

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t disagree it’s been poor for ages  or that we need re enforcements. But if you tell a team they can’t win without his own boys then it’s not creating the right atmosphere either, Luhukay couldnt bring anyone in for example but I bet he wanted to. We weren’t difficult to beat and IMO if Pulis isn’t able to do what he says on the tin with the trademark guarantee looking iffy and there are issues with the team and manager a different strategy is needed.

Far from ideal, but amongst the wider chaos if it’s not working I’d rather he change it than stick with it as there is no more room to manoeuvre.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m not his biggest fan but I believed he deserved more than 10 games.

Another stick to beat the chairman with? He said he made a mistake, respect him for that and fair enough. But why oh why is he continuing to make such mistakes 5 years into his tenure? It’s one mistake after another.

He’s surprised fans are asking for refunds during a time of incredible financial insecurity, but he can afford to pay off two managers and his backroom staff in the space of a few months? 

He’s gone from appointing Luhukay to Bruce and Pulis who are fairly tried and tested. So we can’t suggest there hasn’t been a change of approach or an attempt to change something, this simply didn’t work.

The biggest issue has been financial management within FFP and not doing something about it earlier. The reduced  budget is now in place but no income. 

It never looks good or sensitive for a wealthy individual to make such comments but he is having to single handedly keep the club in existence and if he didn’t he would get pelters for that too no doubt.

• Like 1