Chansiri on why he sacked Tony Pulis

Just now, FreshOwl said:

But he seemingly agreed with DC prior to joining that this team was good enough to stop up and that he’d modify his tactics and play a more attacking style based on the opponent. He didn’t do any of those things 

Watch his first interview back. He was asked that exact question about his style. It was one of the most unconvincing answers he gave in that full hour.

I’m sorry but employing someone is just as much about knowing what they aren’t saying as what they are. The great advantage in football is people have a public reputation that follows them around. If Tony Pulis tells you he’s going to turn into Pep Guardiola, then more fool you for believing him. 

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

White lies then. And there’s been a few. 

It’s easy to say the players didn’t like a manager after you’ve sacked him.

He came in the fans forum and told us the players didn’t have a problem with Jos, which was obviously BS. 

Pulis pretty much said they had no chance in each post match conference. If I was one of them Id be down in the dumps too. Whereas a left field random appointment at Barnsley has that team believing they can win.

Cant remember if that fans forum was before or after the Jos team meeting. But Miere was managing him through that and stopped him talking about various things including Rhodes. He also said he wasn’t going to sack monk, for the time being. But did shortly after. I don’t think he says anything until it’s happened or unless his mind is set at which point he seems keen to share.

Some weird takes in this thread. DC employed Pulis. The bloke is literally a meme in this country for playing boring and negative football. What was he expecting?

Is he so naive to be taken in by Pulis who is looking for another management job? Of course Pulis is going back himself to sort the club out when interviewed, he wants the job ffs. Has no one on here ever bigged themselves up in a job interview before? It’s what you do to try and get the job. 

Chansiri has been in football for 5 years now and he’s still not learnt the business. This is why decision making needs to be taken away from him. He can’t be trusted as he doesn’t get football and he takes everyone’s word as truthful. At 62 years old did he honestly think Pulis would come in and change his tried and tested managerial methods and ditch it for sexy attacking football? My god this is painful to type.

You can’t have a dig at fans for wanting season ticket refunds at a time for huge financial insecurity for people across the country, whilst at the same time sacking and paying off managers like it’s going out of fashion.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Seems to me DC is deflecting taking any  responsibility whatsoever.  

Chansiri, you appointed him, now you should take full responsibility for those actions.  

TBF he took responsibility and sacked him  I was worried he was going to back him to the hilt. However still concerning who will follow next.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Pulis pretty much said they had no chance in each post match conference. If I was one of them Id be down in the dumps too. Whereas a left field random appointment at Barnsley has that team believing they can win.

Cant remember if that fans forum was before or after the Jos team meeting. But Miere was managing him through that and stopped him talking about various things including Rhodes. He also said he wasn’t going to sack monk, for the time being. But did shortly after. I don’t think he says anything until it’s happened or unless his mind is set at which point he seems keen to share.

Barnsley wasn’t a left field appointment. They recruit managers and players based on the blueprint they have as a club. They appointment the manager who was most like Struber, and appointed Struber because he was like Stendel before him. All 3 managers play the style of football, and even formation, that the owners want Barnsley to play. 

They didn’t just believe the first big name that walked through the door and offered them a miracle cure. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Watch his first interview back. He was asked that exact question about his style. It was one of the most unconvincing answers he gave in that full hour.

I’m sorry but employing someone is just as much about knowing what they aren’t saying as what they are. The great advantage in football is people have a public reputation that follows them around. If Tony Pulis tells you he’s going to turn into Pep Guardiola, then more fool you for believing him. 

Back to the previous point though, DC may not like his style and might not be convinced. But he’s also seen how he keeps teams up and had Boro in playoffs and 7th picking up from Monk. We have tall defenders and strongest form of attack was set plays. So it was needs must until end of the season at least.

Instead he got negative football without the results, a team even less galvanised and being asked for more cash to spend.

DC has caused some huge issues here but I think he has acted to correct a clear issue here. Rather than leaving it until it’s too late like we have seen with other issues like FFP

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Barnsley wasn’t a left field appointment. They recruit managers and players based on the blueprint they have as a club. They appointment the manager who was most like Struber, and appointed Struber because he was like Stendel before him. All 3 managers play the style of football, and even formation, that the owners want Barnsley to play. 

They didn’t just believe the first big name that walked through the door and offered them a miracle cure. 

Valerian Ismael isn’t left field? Ok!

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

But he seemingly agreed with DC prior to joining that this team was good enough to stop up and that he’d modify his tactics and play a more attacking style based on the opponent. He didn’t do any of those things 

This is DC’s side of the story, yet to hear what Pulis’ interpretation of events are. 

You’ve got to bare that in mind.

But I’ll say it again. Pulis is not the first experienced football man to leave the club shortly after being employed by DC. Surely the penny has to drop soon for fans, surely? 

6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Aka

Players despised it - grassed Tone up and got him sack 

They have a habit of doing that. Nothing at this club will change until they become employees who just get on with the job rather than arbiters of playing style, training regimen and who the manager is.

They get paid very well to play football, just get on with that.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Some weird takes in this thread. DC employed Pulis. The bloke is literally a meme in this country for playing boring and negative football. What was he expecting?

Is he so naive to be taken in by Pulis who is looking for another management job? Of course Pulis is going back himself to sort the club out when interviewed, he wants the job ffs. Has no one on here ever bigged themselves up in a job interview before? It’s what you do to try and get the job. 

Chansiri has been in football for 5 years now and he’s still not learnt the business. This is why decision making needs to be taken away from him. He can’t be trusted as he doesn’t get football and he takes everyone’s word as truthful. At 62 years old did he honestly think Pulis would come in and change his tried and tested managerial methods and ditch it for sexy attacking football? My god this is painful to type.

You can’t have a dig at fans for wanting season ticket refunds at a time for huge financial insecurity for people across the country, whilst at the same time sacking and paying off managers like it’s going out of fashion.

I guess he was willing to accept boring football if it was winning games and he was getting the best out of the players but he wasn’t was he? Something unhappy was clearly going off behind the scenes at the club. 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I guess he was willing to accept boring football if it was winning games and he was getting the best out of the players but he wasn’t was he? Something unhappy was clearly going off behind the scenes at the club. 

They weren’t getting paid...

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Not to Barnsley’s model he isn’t. Just because you or I haven’t heard of him doesn’t make him left field.

By that logic Struber and Stendel were left field.

Yeah they all were. It’s not to knock them or their model but they are all totally left field. As was Morais.

Guest LondonOwl313
50 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

He's made some reyt foook ups, especially with his gob.

This isn't one of em imo.

Chansiri probably  thinks everbody in the football world is out to swindle / stitch him up, which is not far off.

But he ought to learn we could be his best mates and needs to realise the fans could be his biggest allies.

The fans have the club's best interests at heart but we have some real idiots, particularly on social media. You could have 10 positive comments but the one that will stick in his mind is the 1 comment that is borderline abusive. 

It all comes down to money really. Since 2017 he's not invested in the team, he's just been paying off the contracts signed prior to that and kept spending to a minimum. We won't improve without further investment but he's too proud to say the words 'I've spent up to my limit.' 

If he stays its likely going to be spending on the level of Manderic going forward which means you need to be really astute to compete. And we're far from astute as we have too many faceless voices in the background. He needs to hire an English CEO to run the club.. someone who gets the industry, knows the community and can articulate in a clear no nonsense way with the fans.

Whenever Chansiri speaks I always feel like he's doing his best (which is why he hates been criticised because he feels he can't do anymore) but I have to try and read between the lines to get the information I'm looking for. Big part is the language. The fans would get behind some clarity and honesty about the level of spending going forward

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

With all the mess DC has created I think this is a hard stick to beat him with tbh.

On paper, and in our situation, I think most more than understood the appointment of TP with us languishing at the bottom of the league 

DC held reservations about him previously so had obviously done his homework, he knew about the hoofball,  but he saw a manager who has one of the best records in this league and no relegations on his CV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Carlos alluded to problems at the club.

Bruce jumped ship to Newcastle as quickly as he could.

The committee of experienced football men Pearson, Roeder, Hill, Senior all left the club within months. 

Monk alluded to problems at the club and even hinted to it again yesterday on Sky Sports citing ‘certain situations’ which go off at the clubs.

Katrien Meire was appointed CEO and left within a year.

Tony Pulis one of the most experienced managers in the game was sacked/terminated after 10 games in charge.

Players have had to go to the PFA about payment issues.

WHEN IS THE PENNY GOING TO DROP. 

Honestly it’s like banging your head against a brick wall. 

The evidence is literally pointing in what direction as to what the issue is. 

And in regards to Pulis - the chairman appointed him. No more debate in my eyes.

• Like 1