Chansiri on why he sacked Tony Pulis

31 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I think the opposite in that he’s too honest and blunt. So you don’t believe that TP threatened to call in sick if a mutual agreement was made too? It would be the most random thing to think about making up. 

TP’s previous at Palace gives me enough reason

I doubt Chansiri made all of it up but only gave his version of events. Chansiri is someone I dont trust.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m not his biggest fan but I believed he deserved more than 10 games.

Another stick to beat the chairman with? He said he made a mistake, respect him for that and fair enough. But why oh why is he continuing to make such mistakes 5 years into his tenure? It’s one mistake after another.

He’s surprised fans are asking for refunds during a time of incredible financial insecurity, but he can afford to pay off two managers and his backroom staff in the space of a few months? 

Pulis was a huge error in all sorts of ways.

but we move on thankfully 

Two things to come out of all this for me.

1. He's a wee bit bonkers

2. He has made a good call in calling time on Pulis so quickly. No huge deal in making a mistake. But if you've made a mistake, own it and sort it. He's done that.

Just think sometimes things dont work out.  It was clearly a regrettable decision from Chansiri to hire Pulis. And regrettable from Pulis to take the job.

My concerns with Pulis were never his style of play, more his clear inability to manage a set of players he walked into here, and telling everyone including the press, fans, owner and the players themselves they were not good enough.  It's a really old school approach that just doesn't work nowadays with clubs in our situation. 

He had his favourites... Reach, Lees, Westwood... no problem with that, Reach in particular has done really well after being completely miss-managed under Monk. 

But in our situation we simply needed someone to come in and boost everyone's confidence to get a tune out of them - not slate them.  We know the players are mentally fairly fragile after a torrid year of haunting results and, for some, a real long term hangover post-Wembley/playoff semi-final - but we know alongside that we have a fair few reasonably competent footballers.  Slating them and going old school and ultra defensive and ugly, whilst they're all running out of contract or already disillusioned about their futures, was never going to end well.

I still think Pulis is capable of doing a decent job as long as he has a team of players that are, in the majority, of his style. That itself is not really any different to any other manager - the classic example of how Pep drastically changed City's defence and goalkeeper to be able to play his style, but it requires patience, time, money and trust.  If we were in a position to guarantee getting a lot of players in to completely change the ethos and get immediate results then fine, but we're clearly not.  Long term financial missmanagement from the chairman and club put an end to that. Plus, he has very little patience or time.

Just glad we've arrived here, as unnecessarily messy as it has been.

Will we be able to stay up?  Depends on who comes in, don't expect any big names, just someone to nurse us along and be positive with the players (employing from within may not be the worst idea here, or at least not rushing) and how much luck we get along the way... feels like we do need a good chunk of it.

• Like 1

Pretty obvious to me that pulis has orchestrated the sack. He didn't want to walk away from the payoff. 

Pulis was out of his depth with players that don't suit his one and only style. Pulis lied to dc in the interview about how adaptable his tactics are and in what he knew about our current players. 

Pulis then put himself in a win win situation. He gave dc the give me loads of money because these players are crap. Knowing that DC was either going to give in {unlikely} or sack him with a nice pay out of his full contract. 

Pulis was shifty and untrustworthy. You can blame dc for having the wool pulled over his eyes. Personally after listening to dc I think he regrets appointing tp and should have held his hands up and admitted this. 

Pulis is probably done now in football management. I glad dc decided after only 10 games that pulis was never going to be the right man. 

What now is what we all need to focus on is who DC does employ now. This is the most important decision he will have to make so far as swfc chairman. Dc needs to take the time he needs to pick the right person now to keep us up. Then to move us forward. 

Unless a fantastic manager of proven quality is available we should see how Thompson goes on. The January window is going to be a problem. 

DC is going to have to spend and trust who ever is managing to sign some players who will strengthen the team enough to keep us up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Pretty obvious to me that pulis has orchestrated the sack. He didn't want to walk away from the payoff. 

Yet he reportedly offered to walk away with nothing and the chairman chose to sack him and incur that extra costs at a time when players' wages haven't been paid on time and season ticket holders are still waiting for refunds.

5 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

He tried to mate

Pulis is understood to have been surprised, disappointed and hurt by the comments made by Chansiri.

Sky Sports News were told that Pulis wanted to leave the club with dignity and respect.

However, he feels that became impossible to achieve.

Pulis offered to leave Wednesday on mutually agreed terms, which would have seen him leave without a payoff, but the club would not accept that and chose instead to sack him.

Owlstalk Shop