Chansiri on why he sacked Tony Pulis

7 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Then goes on to tear Pulis a new one.  

Eh, everbody wanted to know why he sacked him, suppose he could have gone all coy..then what...he's dodging the fooooking issue again.

I mean come on, Chansiri deserves some stick but ffs he was right to say how it was.

And said he made a mistake setting him on.

Much though I disagree with much of what Chansiri says, feel for him a bit, although comes across as extremely naive.

He was shat on by Bruce then taken in by two very good bullshitters in Monk and Pulis, the latter a disgraceful two faced twohat IMO. Of course everyone bends the truth in job interviews to get the job, but maybe Chansiri should involve himself more in the shortlisting process, do more due diligence and not just choose from the shortlist of patsies offered up to him.

For his faults, and my God there are many, I do think he genuinely wants to support his managers. He just consistently chooses the wrong managers, which makes it nigh on impossible. And, ultimately that's his fault too for placing too much reliance on a certain advisor.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I thought pretty much everything else from today's media rant was pretty embarrassing.

With the whole Pulis thing, I'm willing to give Chansiri the benefit of the doubt insofar as binning him off.

Once again, I think he has been hoodwinked by another chancer/parasite. At least he realised pretty early on that something wasn't right...though given some of the stuff he has claimed, you'd have to be pretty blind not to.

The folly of all this is he should have never appointed Pulis in the first place, particularly considering he doesn't like British style managers.

As for Pulis: well, he has previous doesn't he. He tried to swindle Palace out of a few million and you may recall him leading Gillingham out against Man City in a play off final, knowing full well he already had Bristol City lined up.

Since he got here it was constant deflection onto everyone else. It seems quite apparent that he went in with zero intention of trying to improve the current players. 

Another charlatan who has take our numpty of a chairman for a ride.

To be fair, if he spoke to DC like he did on the zoom call then I am not surprised that he got the job. If he told DC, after talking about the squad in detail, that they had enough and he would play various different ways to allay fears on old school style. Then DC has taken him at his word. Only to be told, when we have cash flow issues, that the team don’t like his methos, they’re not good enough and he needs to build a whole new team. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

You can choose to believe what he says or not. But he is fairly candid when he shouldn’t be. If anything he is probably too honest.

The problem is Chansiri regularly says one thing and something else then happens. He said publicly a decision on a new manager was a probably week away, a day or two after that he appointed Pulis. 

3 hours ago, Tyto Alba said:

No decent manager will ever work for Chansiri after this.  It's professional suicide.

We're not in the business of hiring decent managers so doesn't really affect us.

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

Looking at Adam Reach’s lack of celebration last week, compared with midweek, I’d say DC is probably right. Who wants to play football that way - especially when it isn’t delivering results.

Don’t employ him then.

He’s not a mystery. As I said earlier in the thread loads people, in and outside Wednesday, saw this happening. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

The problem is Chansiri regularly says one thing and something else then happens. He said publicly a decision on a new manager was a probably week away, a day or two after that he appointed Pulis. 

Probably a week, or a few days within that week is hardly that deceiving. 

It would be worse to say I’ll have someone in a couple of days and then take 2 weeks because they need to sort something

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

Looking at Adam Reach’s lack of celebration last week, compared with midweek, I’d say DC is probably right. Who wants to play football that way - especially when it isn’t delivering results.

Reach tweaked his hamstring and was grimacing...anything but not celebrating and certainly nothing to do with the last match

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Don’t employ him then.

He’s not a mystery. As I said earlier in the thread loads people, in and outside Wednesday, saw this happening. 

Pulis and Megson both talk about how they play to suit the team and would prefer to play expansive football but then never do. Perhaps too used to being scared of the opposition.

But if Pulis had won a couple more games then perhaps there wouldn’t be the focus on the style. The issue was that his style was both ugly and didn’t do what it said on the tin.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Probably a week, or a few days within that week is hardly that deceiving. 

It would be worse to say I’ll have someone in a couple of days and then take 2 weeks because they need to sort something

White lies then. And there’s been a few. 

It’s easy to say the players didn’t like a manager after you’ve sacked him.

He came in the fans forum and told us the players didn’t have a problem with Jos, which was obviously BS. 

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Don’t employ him then.

But he seemingly agreed with DC prior to joining that this team was good enough to stop up and that he’d modify his tactics and play a more attacking style based on the opponent. He didn’t do any of those things 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1