The Chansiri ‘WTF moment’ thread

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If it’s any consolation Niel I’ve supported him but this is the final straw for me. Just hope he can find someone to take us on because the last few “ takeovers” have descended into absolute farce. Don’t think I can take another Sheard/ Sclub7/ land of fire/ billsaja fiasco. 

Mad times either way eh mate

Such sad times

But it's been so inevitable for about three or four years now

The alarm bells have been very clearly ringing for ages

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Standing in silence for the dead king of Thailand.

You could cut the embarrassment in the stadium with a knife.

I actually thought that was quite memorable and respectful, helped by the fact that the club was doing well and DC was actually doing a good job which fans appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

THE SURVEY. How could I forget. The survey where the chairman let the fans decide if we wanted continued investment into the squad to challenge for promotion or if wanted no investment and to promote the youngsters instead. The survey was an absolute horror show with loaded questions.

The fans voted for continued investment. Two successive summer transfer embargo’s followed. 

lol

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/owls-thank-supporters/

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Setting up a hotline for people to get half price tickets for the first game of the season (against Bristol City from memory) once it became clear nobody could afford his insane walk-up prices.

In addition saying he’d give free season tickets to those who couldn’t afford it if they emailed him explaining their circumstances.

The 6 months later moaning at the fans forum that because he hadn’t received any emails his pricing structure was justified. 

We needed a Midfield enforcer to stop us getting bullied and transform us into a top Champ team, 5 years ago. 

We still never got that did we? 

20+ signings later that range from odd to WTF, breaking all transfer records and smashing our wage budget into oblivion, while banging on constantly about FFP. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone who was at that one would have come away with a prediction of the very point we are at today

Was this the one where he said he was selling the club but didn’t actually mean it?

Or the one where he said if you think Sheff Utd have better players than us you don’t know anything about football? (Sheffield United then went on to get promoted to the Premier League)

lol

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Was this the one where he said he was selling the club but didn’t actually mean it?

Or the one where he said if you think Sheff Utd have better players than us you don’t know anything about football? (Sheffield United then went on to get promoted to the Premier League)

lol

The very same 

The one where he said he knew more about football than the fans sat in the room too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

In addition saying he’d give free season tickets to those who couldn’t afford it if they emailed him explaining their circumstances.

The 6 months later moaning at the fans forum that because he hadn’t received any emails his pricing structure was justified. 

The community ticket scheme was good to be fair, you just had to email in and got £20 tickets.

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I actually thought that was quite memorable and respectful, helped by the fact that the club was doing well and DC was actually doing a good job which fans appreciated.

Each to his own.

I thought he got away with it because we were happy enough with him to indulge it at the time.

Looking back it was a ridiculous bit of conceit.

Alright for a family member but not someone else's head of state.

It was respectful because we were polite and respectful.

• Like 3