The Chansiri ‘WTF moment’ thread

Not that I've ever been in one but the corporate boxes debacle (ramp prices, watch demand collapse, refuse to adjust approach) was an early sign that DC didn't  understand a) stakeholder / fan engagement and b) basic economics.

• Like 4

The moment I knew we were f***** was when he ripped up the signed contracts of the box holders when we got to Wembley.

Then after we lost, went back cap in hand for them to sign it again.

maniac!

To this day, I still find it totally amazing that the MAJORITY of posters on here thought that was ok!

The money he was spending was acting as blinkers to most.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The last fans forum had so so many amazing quotes it's undervalued by our fans

The one where he got a standing ovation from the sycophants (who will today STILL be backing him)

I think presuming that a dispassionate appraisal is sycophancy is a little over the top!  He has made an early decision to try and stave off relegation and we should recognise that as the correct way forward. Does anyone disagree with that?

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad
9 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

He lost 95% of the room in under 10 minutes

Quite some achievement 

The rest just wanted 7xl shirts

That standing ovation for saying the pigs had worse players than us was just 5% of the  people there then?

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

I think presuming that a dispassionate appraisal is sycophancy is a little over the top!  He has made an early decision to try and stave off relegation and we should recognise that as the correct way forward. Does anyone disagree with that?

Was that the sacking of Monk or the sacking of Pulis?

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The moment I knew we were f***** was when he ripped up the signed contracts of the box holders when we got to Wembley.

maniac!

To this day, I still find it totally amazing that the MAJORITY of posters on here thought that was ok!

I think the quotes I saw were mostly about "Boohoo self entitled nobs should pay the going rate"

2 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

I don't think it's sycophancy at all. I think the problem is that he's already tried to stave off relegation by bringing in Pulis and then sacked him before the transfer window. Its just another example of not knowing how it all works.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

That standing ovation for saying the pigs had worse players than us was just 5% of the  people there then?

I honestly threw up in my own eyeballs when I witnessed that happening

The mate who came with me to that fans forum lasted about 10 minutes of the opening monologue/speech and cleared off home saying 'that man's an absolute nutcase isn't he?' 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bulgaria

The radio Sheffield debacle and the POTG prices did it for me.

I actually have a bit of sympathy with this latest incident.

Pulis was awful, and I think it's obvious that Pulis has gone for the jugular towards DC and has likely made comments to him  that could have no other outcome other than having to sack him.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

maniac!

I remember this.

The attitude from many was that they had little sympathy for local businessmen or rich individuals.

Just scandalous business practice really, and the absolutely worst behaviour you'd hope for from the owner.

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

I went to one fans forum, his very first.

I appealed to him not to price Wednesday fans out of attending and he said "People will have to drink a couple less pints or smoke less" and that he was trying to price away fans out of coming to make the atmosphere at Hillsborough more intimidating.

He got a huge round of applause for that. I couldnt clap as I was holding my head in my hands at the time