The Chansiri ‘WTF moment’ thread

7 hours ago, Grandad said:

I went to one fans forum, his very first.

I appealed to him not to price Wednesday fans out of attending and he said "People will have to drink a couple less pints or smoke less" and that he was trying to price away fans out of coming to make the atmosphere at Hillsborough more intimidating.

He got a huge round of applause for that. I couldnt clap as I was holding my head in my hands at the time

This made me want shut of him as opposed to just be wary of him. And got me laughs aplenty and an invite for a friendly drink. 

11 hours ago, owls maniac said:

He’s not interested in changing his advisors mate. Isn’t that obvious by now? Bloke is stubborn as a mule.

Well Chansiri was screwed after CC F00ked up promotion (using predominantly the SG team with a few key signings) in the first 2 years by using his negative/pants Portuguese tactics (pass back/ pass across the back/ long ball), as by the end of his reign we had taken a gamble on signing a lot of players who were in the twilight of their careers, or a spent force (such as J Rhodes) and who were also on big money/ wages/ long term contracts and upset the apple cart. 

We also kept players against their will such as Forestieri - he should've gone when he wanted to or handled better and an agreement if we were promoted that he could leave (like Alex Ferguson had with Ronaldo). Needless to say we took a gamble on promotion and it didn't pay off  - so maybe the actual plan is get through FF with mediocre managers/ players on the cheap and then spend big and go for promotion again once we have got through the current FF mess. In terms of CC I didn't like him personally and only enjoyed watching SWFC whilst he was letting the team pick itself/ tactics...

After he started to manage the team/ tactics I found it painful to watch... Then he was sacked too late, as shouldve gone closed season... Jos was never going to work as he was a mediocre player and woeful manager that lost (if he had any) charisma in translation...

Steve Bruce was respected by the players as a former player/ manager, but due to personal problems took control of the team too late to make the play offs and then left us in the cr@p by leaving for Newcastle, Monk was OK to start with in terms of performances, but obviously fell out with the players/ team on the Christmas Party and also didn't have any backroom staff of his own so it spiralled from there.

However I felt that with James Beattie and other backroom staff coming on board that he would turn things around and I was hoping that Beattie would do to Rhodes what he did with Bamford and get him scoring again (he was immense for Huddersfield in the past).

We then had a few good results so I was disappointed/surprised at the appointment of Pullis who (now) for me was just trying to make some quick money before retirement, as his comments about the team (by him) were inappropriate such as 'worst team I've taken charge of' and ' the only thing keeping me here is money' so he was really forcing the issue with Chansiri who values respect from his employees.

Furthermore his tactics were dreadful and resulted in me and my son watching ifollow... I'm also pretty sure that TP has (this time) stayed within his contract terms based on what I've read about him at Crystal Palace losing a contractual dispute on his bonus for keeping them in the premiership by leaving 2 weeks early.  

18 hours ago, Grandad said:

I miss Casbah

He'd have laughed at every one of these posts

Let's put things into perspective here - we are all worried he just didn't want to continually bash the club. He as I did have signed the Supporters Trust petition and letter and for him to sign that is unheard of in the near 30 odd years I have known him.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, goodytheowl said:

Selling beers on the north. Can’t get served, takes 30 mins when there’s 30 people lined up. £1.80 for a half but £3.80 for a pint of the same stuff. It’s been going on for 5 years

For a short glorious period there was a lad who worked on the south in the bar that also worked in a nightclub so knew how to serve volume! Him and the other staff would have 50 pints poured on the back ready to go a few minutes before half time.

Probably got fired for telling some home truths ;-)

king bumibot and the 2 minute silence  with that  lass singing the thai version  of  somewhere over a rainbow on the big telly  while the players were spread all over the field not having a clue what was going on will live with me ever .