Next manager odds

23 minutes ago, flash said:

I think it’ll be Thompson. DC wanted Ivic but looks like he didn’t want it!

Quite a few of the players have been talking up Thompson this week - I think they’ll give it him until end of the season. 

personally I hope not but I think he will get it. 

1 hour ago, dfoster said:

I wondered that soon as he came on the scene. 

He has been said to be the owner of Bali Utd but actually the owner of that club is an Indonesian businessman called Pieter Tanuri.

Did some other digging and wondered if actually Alonso is Tanuri's front man as he tries to buy the club/ invest.

All guesswork, not ITK ...

You’d expect the local journos would be   all over this tomorrow if Alonso is now running things as he’s saying...  so I’m expecting no news!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, flash said:

Quite a few of the players have been talking up Thompson this week - I think they’ll give it him until end of the season. 

Not too sure Ivic was anything other than pure speculation,  the majority of the names on that odds list are just old guesses 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

You’d expect the local journos would be   all over this tomorrow if Alonso is now running things as he’s saying...  so I’m expecting no news!

Is the text even real though or some daft hoax or wind up? I definitely think the club will be sold as soon as DC gets offered something reasonable 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dfoster said:

Is the text even real though or some daft hoax or wind up? I definitely think the club will be sold as soon as DC gets offered something reasonable 

Yes that was my point really that it’s a hoax,  so there won’t be any news about it today in the press.  

9 hours ago, flash said:

Better start looking for a league one manager in the summer then

10 hours ago, flash said:

This, I reckon he'll give it Thompson.

He can argue that we saw an upturn in results, knows the club etc.

I'm just not convinced we'll stay up. We've seen this squad absolutely shirk games in recent seasons and when that comes around again, i'm not convinced "Thommo" is the man to pull them out of it.

Ah well, if we did get relegated hopefully DC will leave and give it up as a bad job.

• Like 1

Unless DC is truly trying to learn from his mistakes and is in the process of creating a bigger picture, longer term plan then this month so far is proving to be an absolute shambles and in my opinion, bordering on negligent.

We're 20 days into the biggest month we've faced in years and he's sacked the manager, got no replacement in with 10 days left and we've signed a free agent who we were linked with in summer who's been training at home.

He may as well set fire to his wallet as he's doing nothing to protect his investment.

#chansiriout

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

Unless DC is truly trying to learn from his mistakes and is in the process of creating a bigger picture, longer term plan then this month so far is proving to be an absolute shambles and in my opinion, bordering on negligent.

We're 20 days into the biggest month we've faced in years and he's sacked the manager, got no replacement in with 10 days left and we've signed a free agent who we were linked with in summer who's been training at home.

He may as well set fire to his wallet as he's doing nothing to protect his investment.

#chansiriout

Haven't we won three in a row since he decided to sack the manager. And perhaps the only thing preventing Green from being signed earlier was Pulis saying he didn't want him and he wasn't a 6 foot defensive midfielder.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Haven't we won three in a row since he decided to sack the manager. And perhaps the only thing preventing Green from being signed earlier was Pulis saying he didn't want him and he wasn't a 6 foot defensive midfielder.

3 games across an 11 day period, it's not exactly a substantial picture and view of our long term goals.

Greens signing shows that we sign players regardless of who's in charge so I doubt him not fitting Pulis style would have stopped DC.

He's only appeared now because he's probably cheaper and more desperate to get back into the game after 6 months out.

Doing things cheaper is a result of DC's poor choices over recent years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

#chansiriout

Agree with all that. Sums up my feelings. 

Paul Cook is chomping at the bit desperately wanting the chance to steer us away from from the travisty of relegation. For goodness sake Chansiri stop sitting on your hands man up and get it sorted now or just f.. k off and take Alonso and Paixao with you. 

10 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Paul Cook is chomping at the bit desperately wanting the chance to steer us away from from the travisty of relegation. For goodness sake Chansiri stop sitting on your hands man up and get it sorted now or just f.. k off and take Alonso and Paixao with you. 

well said. 

• Haha 1