Next manager odds

57 minutes ago, striker said:

Can someone tell Chansiri we've got a game coming up this weekend and a lot of league games in quick succession thereafter, and also now back in the relegation zone...

tenor.gif.c9746e5aedfce4dffc06fb72c5549e53.gif

He just doesn't get it mate, he thinks the world revolves around him. 

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

No you wouldn't but there is definitely no need for the mass panic. Especially if the right manager for us is not out there yet.

Given that we're mired in a relegation battle and have a squad which is massively imbalanced and understrength, our most pressing issue is getting things right in the remaining dozen days of the transfer window, and I don't believe Thompson would be the best manager to have in place for that.

I'd much rather bring in an experienced manager with an existing network of contacts so we can hope to pull of a coup or two, similar to Bruce signing Iorfa and Aarons.

If not, the danger is that we allow the recruitment team to plough on regardless, recruiting to no particular plan, and bring in a new manager after the window closes, rendering them incapable of adjusting things to their liking.

If we don't get this transfer window right, then I doubt any manager stands much chance of keeping us up with any degree of comfort.

• Like 1

If we get a foreign coach it's just pot luck.

Carlos' CV was sort of mixed and most of us had never heard of him. He put on a flat cap though and we were all in love with him, he seemed to understand us.

Luhukay CV looked reasonable, some steady years in the German divisions and perhaps what we needed at the time. He then turns out to be useless and everyone hates his 'tache.

It's all well and good looking at a CV but you just can't predict how well they are going to get on when they turn up at Middlewood Road and Tom Lees sends them to sleep explaining how he used to be captain but then went a bit naff when his handsome mate Glenn left.

So to conclude, Ivić , Jémez, Morais, Fink, Weiler. If it's any of that lot, who knows?! I haven't a clue.

Their charm and charisma may inspire the hoards and the sleeping giant may awaken or alternatively, they may have questionable facial hair and the fans will say that Fink dresses too posh for us Northerners and shouldn't be driving a Bentley like Gary Teale🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd much rather bring in an experienced manager with an existing network of contacts so we can hope to pull of a coup or two, similar to Bruce signing Iorfa and Aarons.

I think we would all agree with that, but who fits the bill that would realistically come ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Here are the realistic options I think Chansiri is looking at:

Vladimir Ivić 

Paco Jémez

José Morais? Brexit rule?

Thorsten Fink

René Weiler

I don't think Paul Cook is under consideration now/will get it and I think Chansiri wants to hire a "proper" head coach and wouldn't give it to Thompson.

I think Chansiri's top 2/3 now would be Ivić, Fink/and Weiler. I would think Fink (no pun intended) or Weiler would be probably the best choice. What's yours from the list? 

Would these managers get work permits?

Ivic doesn’t meet the criteria to automatically qualify so we’d need to appeal

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Here are the realistic options I think Chansiri is looking at:

Vladimir Ivić 

Paco Jémez

José Morais? Brexit rule?

Thorsten Fink

René Weiler

I don't think Paul Cook is under consideration now/will get it and I think Chansiri wants to hire a "proper" head coach and wouldn't give it to Thompson.

I think Chansiri's top 2/3 now would be Ivić, Fink/and Weiler. I would think Fink (no pun intended) or Weiler would be probably the best choice. What's yours from the list? 

None.

23 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Would these managers get work permits?

Ivic doesn’t meet the criteria to automatically qualify so we’d need to appeal

I've read on here that Ivić is still in the UK and maybe could have got something else before the rules came in. Some people on here will be able to talk about it better.

I think Jémez would automatically qualify. I'm not sure on all the new rules etc. but would think the others would probably need to appeal.     

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

All this time searching for the right man, Chansiri saying he has to get it right this time and then for him to give it to Thompson really would be underwhelming. 

It might be underwhelming, but I'd much rather he gave the job to Thompson than employed a foreign coach with no experience of the league.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Was Pulis a non-entity manager? Anything but in the situation we were facing he was deemed as a safe appointment but look how that ended. I think we will see an appointment over the weekend, but whoever we appoint (bar Nigel Pearson) will see a meltdown from various portions of the fanbase. 

Pulis was a bad fit and style out dated and was certaintofail, majority did not want him but a lot through weight behind against better judgement.. His ineptness was illustrated in he could not recruit coaching team. Non entity probably not but expensive outdated misfit without a doubt.

In current circumstances if a decent candidate is appointed fans will get behind him. For example i think Pearson would be a disaster but would not go against him. I think you would find little opposition to Cook, Cowley, Moore or Thompson. The fan base always has individuals who would grumble to be hung but they would be ignored unless it went pear shaped in major way. This is a tricky situation and not easy for anyone. It is going to have many bumps. Some of the names thrown up would not have a prayer of saving us from relegation. It has to be an appointment that is correct.

I hope you are correct about the weekend but if anybody knows they have the job it is not reflected in betting.