Next manager odds

19 minutes ago, Richmond Owl said:

Haha definitely, i found a article about his tactics just before he joined Shalke http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/15/tactical-philosophy-andre-breitenreiter/

Interestingly he's managed Katchunga and seemed to get a good return from him as he's talked up in the article.

Nice, thank you. I only had a brief look at the first page when I was looking. I'll check that one out now. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The manager does have a say in the recruitment for sure. 

Kachunga and Brown confirmed in their interviews when signing. Hughes on Monk’s coaching team gave them a call. 

Odubajo also confirmed it was him who contacted Bruce to join the club and Bruce sorted it out. He says so on the podcast he did recently.

Also it was quite clear we recruited in the summer for Monk’s wing back formation, hence why we didn’t sign a left back. And why we signed two centre half’s when we already had four at the club. 

The question is whether the manager ever gets their number one targets. Carlos said this was very much the case when he was manager - the club struggled to get through the players he actually wanted. This could be down to finance, negotiating skills or other reasons which have been speculated on this forum for quite some time. 

For example in the summer it was quite clear we wanted Zohore as the big target man. Pulis alluded to the fact when you don’t get your number one priority, you have to settle for second best and they sometimes don’t fit the system. That’s why we probably ended up panicking and signing Marriott on loan on deadline day. He clearly, in my opinion, doesn’t have the attributes we need in a striker. 

We just signed Green, looking at another 2..one nearly a done deal...

Hope the new manager likes em..

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

Thanks, maybe this will be true haha, I hope so. I was thinking the same that it would be around the Everton match too, kinda like what happened with Jos. Everton away would probably be a bad game to start with, but if the training ground is fully open/most players are available this week, it would only give him 2 days for the Coventry match.

Also I've been bored on here and was looking at the managers on the odds here: https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/sheffield-wednesday and found a German guy (at 33/1) called André Breitenreiter: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/André_Breitenreiter He's 47 and played in the Bundesliga and 2. for clubs such as Hannover 96, Hamburger SV, and VfL Wolfsburg etc. Got SC Paderborn promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time in the club's history. Managed Schalke in the Bundesliga. Got Hannover 96 promoted too, joining after Daniel Stendel (Barnsley) was sacked in March 2017, but André hasn't managed since the 27th of January 2019 (nearly 2 years now.) His record is 4 clubs (2011-19) M 230, W 95, D 53, L 82, W% 41.30. I haven't seen him mentioned really, even on here. Only found this from the Examiner (from 1 week ago): https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-next-manager-chansiri-19598477 It says he is one of the foreign coaches thought to be under consideration by us along with Jémez, Ivić and Weiler. Anyway back to André: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-breitenreiter/profil/trainer/17465 PPM at TSV Havelse 1.68, SC Paderborn 1.35, Schalke 1.59, Hannover 96 1.17. It says his preferred formation is 5-3-2, but has used varied 3/5 at the back formations, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 a lot. Also from this it says instead M 265 W 107, D 63, L 95, GF 398, GA 377, P 384, PPM 1.45. He sounds kinda like Jos, does any German football followers know him/anything else?                                

Just one flaw in this does not satisfy basic criteria of having being employed as manager for 36 months in last 5 years. Would fail work permit criteria. Was mentioned previously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Incognito Owl said:

@QuistlolThanks, I forgot about that. That was a waste of time then, I was kinda getting exited about him haha.:duntmatter:Well back to it being boring, well until around Sunday with the match and possible new coach.   

I fail to get excited by any manager that has not worked for two years. Has to be a reason.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

We just signed Green, looking at another 2..one nearly a done deal...

Hope the new manager likes em..

If one of them is Murphy he likes to play on left. that will be 4 left wingers and no right winger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

That's what I'm saying mate.

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

we need strikers! Not players that aren’t strikers made to play upfront. We need out and out strikers. 

Their were some useful comments on another thread about Southampton players who may be allowed out on loan two were mentioned and they could be ideal. One like lightning  the other big solid unit.  I think they lost in cup and PL teams who go out in January often send players out on loan. Instead we are looking at Cardiff who are struggling in league mentioned for Cunningham and Murphy. 

Just read mail article why on earth wait until we played Everton before announcing somebody. Only thing if Thompsons wins game does he get job?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

You ought to know by now...

Our managers never play players in their best positions.😃

That is true.

But;

We have 3 positions where we have no experienced player, left back, right wing and orthodox centre forward. To have a team worthy of name you have to have options in all 3 positions. It is not about playing a player out of position we have no option to put their in first place.

11 minutes ago, Quist said:

Their were some useful comments on another thread about Southampton players who may be allowed out on loan two were mentioned and they could be ideal. One like lightning  the other big solid unit.  I think they lost in cup and PL teams who go out in January often send players out on loan. Instead we are looking at Cardiff who are struggling in league mentioned for Cunningham and Murphy. 

Just read mail article why on earth wait until we played Everton before announcing somebody. Only thing if Thompsons wins game does he get job?

Was Michael Obafemi one ?

• Like 1